[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I avoid being an Avant Teen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 1456953118103.jpg (828 KB, 1597x1437) Image search: [Google]
1456953118103.jpg
828 KB, 1597x1437
How do I avoid being an Avant Teen?
>>
>>63072022

We live in 2016 now, so you're safe from 2013 memes.
>>
listen exclusively to top 40 and brag about your lack of taste on anonymous internet forums

fuckyoumontieyousackofshit
>>
>>63072022
probably just best to go back to being a pleb desu
>>
Post about how much Fishmans and Coil suck dick (literally both bands are led by raging homosexuals)
>>
>>63072022
easiest way is to not be a teen
/mu/ isn't very good at this
>>
>>63072022

Nobody actually likes Pulse Demon, though. Most Merzy fans rate it pretty low. It's only really notable because its cover art is easy to meme with.
>>
Don't use Rate Your Music.
>>
That meme is so old

It's poseur-core now

PS: don't care, majority of the albums on that chart are amazing
>>
Easy poseurcore connoisseur test. If you favorite band in the following genres are:

>Avant-Garde: Coil
>Krautrock: Can
>Harsh Noise: Merzbow or Gerogerigegege
>Industrial: Throbbing Gristle
>Freak Folk: Comus or Exuma
>Neofolk: Current 93 or DiJ

Then you are a poseur! Grats.
>>
poseur-core is probably the worst name for the years old mallgoth/avant-teen meme.
>>
>>63072276

The meme squad ran out of cool names.
>>
>>63072206
>Coil
>Avantgarde
loooooool
t. coil fan
>>
>>63072046
glad u remembered :>)
>>
Since when did it become bad to explore music outside of the mainstream?
>>
>>63072326
it's not, despite what memers influenced by subversive marketing disguised as ironic memes might have you think.
>>
>>63072326
this. This chart is 'baby's first'-tier, but you gotta start somewhere
>>
>>63072326

When you don't actually understand why this music is experimental and important and only parrot what people who are actually intelligent say. For example, tell me what makes Coltrane better than other Jazz artists? What makes Comus different from other Progressive Folk besides MUH QUIRKY RAPE SONGS?

Especially when your SO UNDERGROUND XD music is actually entry level shit like Coil and Can.
>>
>>63072022
by posting this meme over and over.
>>
First step is to stop pretending to enjoy Death Grips
>>
>>63072360
could you be any more image-obsessed?
>>
>>63072138
Yeah pulse is trash
>>
>>63072410

It's kinda funny how this whole meme is basically a big argument about whether it's cooler to look "deep and esoteric" or "relaxed and unpretentious".
>>
>>63072360
that's just reddit, but please shame the people, NOT the albums
>>
>>63072326
Montie
>>
DUDE UNWOUND LMAO
>>
>>63072022
>yfw this is one of the best charts to ever grace this shithole
has... this... person... been lookinga t my last.fm?
>>
>>63072022

How could anyone argue that Gerogerigegege is pretentious? They were literally making stuff for masochistic gay scat fetishists to jerk it to.
>>
>>63072206
>>Avant-Garde: Coil
>avant-garde

You are the poseur here, faggot.
>>
File: me right now.gif (226 KB, 330x236) Image search: [Google]
me right now.gif
226 KB, 330x236
>tfw just deleted a bunch of poseurcore albums off my computer
If I knew they were poseurshit earlier I would have done it sooner. Thanks for saving my ass again, /mu/. Feels so fucking good.
>>
>>63072517

I know that feel. I just threw my thousand dollar Coil LPs into the trash and just replaced their spot on my shelf with some Oasis.
>>
>>63072505
>They were literally making stuff for masochistic gay scat fetishists to jerk it to.
u could almost say the same about coil actually
hmm
>>
>>63072022
While you are right that only poseuers consider some of those albums the best by their respective artist. They're still quality releases.
>>
>>63072546

No you couldn't. Their music wasn't erotic at all. It was a "loving project" and they were gay scat fetishists, yes, but they weren't making music for use as background noise for sadomasochistic sex.

>>63072585

To be fair, Exuma I and First Utterance are really the only good releases by their respective artists.
>>
>changing what you listen to solely to shape your image

these are the true losers
>>
>>63072022

Did you just copypaste Brainwashed's top albums or something?
>>
>>63072648
Literally 90% of this board
>>
>>63072022
I object to this image, because Hi, How Are You? isn't on it.
>>
>>63072648
I honestly don't feel like music shapes my identity at all. I just listen to it. Why is /mu/ so obsessed with what can be inferred about you from what you listen to. It's a completely meaningless notion.
>>
>>63072517
I know, I just bought my first Taylor Swift, Charlie XCX vinyls. I feel great being part of /mu/ now!
>>
>>63072360
>For example, tell me what makes Coltrane better than other Jazz artists?

Yeah, I can, actually. He innovated bop music to new heights, just like Parker and Dizzy did before him. If you want so more info, try grasping the basics of jazz playing or history.
>>
>>63075267
Bop is a style of Pop Rap that grew out of the Chicago drill scene in the early 2010s. It's known for its autotuned vocals and upbeat synth melodies, unlike Trap Rap which is more aggressive and gritty. The accompanying dance style is fast and buoyant, with focus on the elbow and knees.
>>
>>63072022
this chart is bullshit. there's some legitimately great albums on there. the faggot who keeps pushing it is obviously just a closet pleb who's desperately trying to reassure himself
>>
File: A-231606-1395770835-5681.png.jpg (7 KB, 203x244) Image search: [Google]
A-231606-1395770835-5681.png.jpg
7 KB, 203x244
>>63072644
>Exuma II
>not amazing
>>
>>63077332

I only remember the black bird song and the one where Paul Simon seance.
>>
>>63072022
>Avant Teen
first, don't use that world. second, done.

lots of words get thrown around by people with an agenda to make people feel like they should be doing something, or not. a word like dilettante implies that someone isn't knowledgeable enough, but everyone starts somewhere, and knowledge is always incomplete. therefore, dilettante can't be a pejorative if its a universal condition - it's just a stop sign to try to obstruct other people from doing something you don't like. that's all.
>>
File: FF laughing.gif (1 MB, 243x221) Image search: [Google]
FF laughing.gif
1 MB, 243x221
>>63072077
tfw I was going to say that
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.