[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotify vs. Apple Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
I'm trying to kick my torrenting addiction so which is better? I have an iPhone btw
>>
If you have a PS4 then Spotify hands down.
>>
Spotify for real
>>
Spotify
>>
Used spotify for 3 years.

Best rec system in a music website/service to date.
>>
spotify
>>
>>63069867
>>63069868
>>63069883
can any of you explain to me why spotify is better than apple music

>cant change the tags or metadata at all from what spotify gives me, have to listen to shit with like explicit version in the title
>cant upload my own music
>mobile app isnt that good

try and convert me from apple music because the only reason i would see moving to spotify is for the app on windows because itunes is garbage
>>
>>63069936
PS4 app.
>>
Why would you want to kick your torrent addiction?
>>
>>63069954
i stopped playing video games when i was 16
>>
>>63069867
I have a PS4 but I don't have speakers for my TV so it doesn't matter
>>63069936
you can't upload your own mp3 files? that's a pretty important factor for me.
>>
>>63069846
They both seem pretty good, I'm doing the trial for Apple Music right now I have no complaints.
>>
>>63069975
Then I don't know mane, Apple music has the advantage of allowing you to sync files from a corded connection, but Spotify can do the same thing over a wireless network.
>>
spotify
>>
File: (laughs).png (30 KB, 190x319) Image search: [Google]
(laughs).png
30 KB, 190x319
>>63069846
>i pay for streaming music
>>
the "intro to" playlists and other curated playlists make it really easy to fall into apple music. spotify is cool too, its much better for making and sharing your own playlists
>>
>>63069936
you can upload your music from spotify though
>>
>>63069959
idk, I listen to so much music now that I feel like I should at least contribute a little.
>>
>>63069959
This. If you love music, you'll probably still be collecting tonnes of it anyway, it'll just cost more money. If you're aiming to cut down on music because you have too much or whatever, why don't you put some money aside and give it to a charity, like how people have swear jars? Honestly, it's a better cause than those top 1% fucking Spotify royalties.
>>
>>63069846

I keep switching back and forth and I think I prefer Spotify. AM user interface is wack and iTunes for Windoes is literary aids. But Beats 1 is really comfy, and AM has bunch of stuff spotify doesn't.
>>
>>63070322
same here
>>
File: 1408169695469.png (60 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
1408169695469.png
60 KB, 445x445
>2016
>streaming music
>>
>paying for streaming

Google Play Music lets you upload 50,000 songs from your library and stream them for free
That's like ~5000 albums
>>
>>63071423
This
>>
>>63069846
If you just want a library of music that works, Spotify. If you want better curation and a better radio, Apple.
>>
>>63071423
>I'm trying to kick my torrenting addiction
Paying monthly for streaming would be cheaper than buying the songs separately and putting them in GPM.
>>
Um neither. Download your music and use foobar or musicbee like you should
>>
I always keep my music tidy like album names, album arts everything perfect.
then one day apple music came and fucked up my album artworks so thats why I'm still torrenting or buying CD's
for example
I had 'Wish You Were Here' album by Pink Floyd
Apple music changed the track Shine On You Crazy Diamond (1-5)'s artwork to this and other songs stayed same
it was annoying for me
>>
>>63071423

I subscribe to Google Play Music out of convenience, but I also have a shit ton of music uploaded to it. Doesn't hurt that a Play Music subscription also comes with Youtube Red (for background playback, ad-free, exclusive shit, etc etc).

So, OP, my vote goes to Play Music. No one ever talks about it outside of tech circles, but it's an extremely awesome streaming service.
>>
>>63071423
Google Play doesn't scrobble and there's no desktop client.
>>
>>63069936
Apple Music is better anon, you're justified in your decision to use it
>>
>>63071707
Stop thief!
>>
Apple Music.
Beats radio decent. Apple Music has better ready made playlists. Apple Music has better exclusives. Apple Music has achieved most of what Spotify does in a shorter time so more room for innovation?
>>
>>63069846
>iPhone
Going to have to go with Apple Music then. The Android app for Apple music is shit.
>>
>>63071846
>Beats Radio
This. If you like Hip hop, The Pharmacy with Dr Dre is awesome.
>>
>>63071748

But it does scrobble There's a chrome extension that scrobbles from Play Music. As for a desktop client...what benefit would that serve? I'm honestly wondering because Play Music's website has always served me just fine.
>>
>>63072234
Someone here complained the other day the plug in wasn't working. And >chrome
nah my nigga.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.