[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard is it to learn how to make music like nujabes did what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
How hard is it to learn how to make music like nujabes did what programs did he use? I would love to experiment I'm not looking for a career just a hobby in my spare time thanks.
>>
You're not going to unless you're prepared to dedicate many, many hours to it. There's literally no point in trying to half-ass learning music production.
>>
>nujabes
kek
just download a jazz song and put hip hop beats over it
done
>>
>>63059517

true

but he's asking what program to do it with

op fl studio will be good enough for youp
>>
>>63058948
naujabes is IMO the best hip-hop producer in history. His beats communicate emotion and honesty in way no one else has ever come near to.

I don't know much about production but realize he came up during the early 2000's, prolly started in the 90's. Chances are computer software probably weren't a big part of his proccess. He also owned a record shop - great samples are key.
>>
>>63059566
are you serious? he just looped fucking basic piano samples with the most basic hip hop drums of all time... its literally the easiest style of music to make and takes 15 minutes to fully finish a track

his songs sound nice but they are mindblowingly simple to create
>>
>>63059596
Maybe that's true. It's also mindblowingly simple to create a Dylan-esque song, but regardless he remains the master, and one of the greatest artists of our time.
>>
>>63059596
tru tru

my favorite hip hop producers are always the ones where im not even sure if what they're making is even hip hop anymore, weird shit. FlyLo, Teebs, some Madlib, some Hot Sugar
>>
>>63059803
yeah no
stop embarrassing yourself please
>>
>>63059835
forgot Mndsgn and Knxwledge, but yea, that kinda shit

to OP: just download FL Studio and watch some youtube tutorials on sampling. Download some japanese soul tunes from the 70's. You'll be making this shit in no time
>>
File: mpd32.jpg (165 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mpd32.jpg
165 KB, 1600x1200
you are going to have to pony up the dough to get a crisp sound, and good samples, etc. so whether you're fucking around or not, to get it to sound as good Nujabes will take good software and hardware. I got a MPD32 that I never use, it was kind of a pain in the ass to learn, and I'm a fucking lazy piece of shit, but most people learn, but that would probably be a cheap piece you could get that would still be able to get that sound.
>>
>>63059905
no OP. don't buy any expensive hardware immediately. mess around with software for a while, get a feel for the music. when you start getting comfortable, then you can start looking into getting some hardware.

if you've never ever created music before, a laptop and a pair of headphones is all you need to get started.
>>
>>63059117
dumb hampusposter
>>
Thanks everyone will buy FL Studio tomorrow what version do you recommend producer or fruity?
>>
>>63059596
How hard something is to make doesn't necessarily have anything to do with its musical quality.

But you're missing the fact that he played many of the piano samples he used, and that much of his music is also not just "piano + beat." You could reduce most beats, including those of the god-tier producers like Pete and Primo into an oversimplified process. Even a dude like Madlib will sometimes just loop a sample--no drums. But you'd be an idiot to deny his competency as an artist and as a producer.

What Jun was good at was melody, atmosphere, and layering. It's using standard hip-hop technique but in a very masterful and consistent way.
>>
>>63059803
desu I only enjoyed nujabes songs when they had nice vocals on them. like substantial, shing02 or that japanese woman I don't really know the name
>>
>>63060625
>tfw you used to say t-b-h before it became niggerpseak and forget it's filtered on 4chan

I hate how this black twitter became a meme.
>>
>>63059944
i wish i would've seen what you wrote before i tried to be dj shadow and bailed after a week of making shitty beats. that's a good idea. look sorry about being an annoying cunt, but do you have any tips for samples and loops for Ableton, because it didn't seem to have a whole lot, and the upgrade to Yosemite fucked up like half of them. Is there a good place to get them? And do you know if Ableton Live 8 is too old to be useful anymore?
>>
>>63060713
>do you have any tips for samples and loops for Ableton
what do you mean? just listen to some jazz, some soul, etc, etc. Download it off of youtube, or torrent it or whatever if you dont own a turntable and a bunch of records

Go to whosampled.com and type in J Dilla or Nujabes and see what they sample maybe. I think thats pretty gay desu but if you're just starting out, why not? Your music becomes more personal tho if your choice of samples is a reflection of your own unique taste in music
>>
>>63061354
thanks, that's helpful, OP ill sell you this mpd32 i have for like whatever 20 beans, if you still here. i just need my mic and ableton
>>
>>63060130
i would recommend torrenting it and see if you like it then buy it later. you absolutely should pay for your software (image line is a great company, life time free updates and all) but it's pretty expensive so you wanna make sure you wont just quit after a week
>>
just torrent fl studio and start learning how to sample. do that for a while and maybe buy yourself a keyboard and make your own loops
or just make lex luger type beats so you dont actually have to learn shit
>>
>>63061530
>2016
>lex luger type beats

I don't think Young Metro would trust you
>>
Not really that long if you've got a creative mind and a long catalog of songs to pull from. Nujabees only really flipped songs and technically he wasn't even the best. Like if he wasn't the person behind the mixing of songs like Feather and Luv Sic part 2 and instead paid a professional to do it for him then fucking lmao. Those two songs are some of awfully mixed.

If you wanna get into musical production I'd recommend not going with the whole MPD and instead get to really learn and master a DAW.
>>
>>63059944
Why does anyone even need an MPD? can't you just set one up with your keyboard or midi keyboard in Ableton or another program?
>>
Ableton and a Novation Launchkey, Korg, one of those MIDI pianos
Good sample library and good drums
I prefer Ableton because of the workflow, its much faster, FL Studio is too complicated for me
>>
>>63060188
>How hard something is to make doesn't necessarily have anything to do with its musical quality.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS.

FINALLY. SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS.

I'm legit about to fucking cry. I honestly thought there was no hope for mankind.
>>
Anyone talking shit about needs to post their best sample beat cuz Nujabes is literally the Goat
>>
>>63059803
>>
Nujabes songs always start out good, but then when you realize there is no deviation from the beat in the whole song, (except maybe for a drum fill at the very most) the song gets fucking old about halfway through and the lyrics don't carry it through. This is the problem with a lot of alternative hip-hop these days. Not enough creativity on the production. Just one looped sample for the entire song.
>>
>Nujabes and Dilla will never collab on something for Kendrick or Jay Rock to spit over.
>Nujabes and Flylo will never link up.
>At least Dilla's family is opening up a donut shop that sells donuts and vinyl.
>>
>>63064043
I agree, thats why you should listen to teebs' Estara or some FlyLo shit
>>
>>63064067
Personally I'm tired of seeing J Dilla being touted everywhere. His image is being dragged through the mud by his label and other dickriders.
>>
whats his best album?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.