[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how is your ipod/mp3 player set up? Do you just add as many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
So, how is your ipod/mp3 player set up? Do you just add as many full albums as you can fit or do you just make a mix of only your favorite tracks?
>>
>>63056840
You can't even sync indivdual tracks with iTunes, retard
>>
I add full albums, I just queue up songs instead of using playlists.
>>
i dunno, its not really something ive ever had to think about, i just put music i like on my player and listen. what kind of 'set up' are you going for, you stupid motherfucker?
>>
>>63056840
you're gay
>>
>>63056857
>>63056912
Are you people autistic?
It's a very simple question. Do you feel the need to add entire albums or do you just put songs you like?

I know quite a lot of people who only put full albums on their music players, and I know a lot of people who don't give a fuck about albums and only listen to a few songs from any given album
>>
Full albums. I just switch them out depending on what I'm feeling.
>>
>>63057216
So I'm curious, you in general enjoy every song on an album? Personally there are very few albums I consider to be 10/10, meaning I enjoy every single song
>>
>>63057464
I believe that albums are a full collection of songs and should be listened to as such.

Jay Z once said something album the lines of "I don't see the point in singles, you wouldn't watch a movie in scenes would you?" I also listen to music depending on my mood etc.

I listen to music on the like the train or when I'm walking around the city and i don't have time to constantly switch around songs to get to something I like because if I'm on shuffle I'm not going to be in the mood for everything on the album.
>>
It's mostly just songs that I like but I also have a few full albums on it too.
>>
File: carol danvers.png (132 KB, 299x378) Image search: [Google]
carol danvers.png
132 KB, 299x378
>>63056840
>/co/ reaction image
honestly I don't know how you live with yourself
>>
lmao @ all the rockists in this thread
>>
>>63057923
/co/ is the 2nd best board on the site, /mu/ is king though
>>
File: FB_IMG_1443554259024.jpg (46 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1443554259024.jpg
46 KB, 720x720
>>63057464
If you don't listen to full albums then you're missing out. Just liking singles is pretty plebish
>>
>>63057839
>"I don't see the point in singles, you wouldn't watch a movie in scenes would you?"
Disagree. Singles and EPs definitely have there place. I'm a huge film fan and there are plenty of individual scenes that can stand alone apart from the rest of the film, i'll often look up scenes on youtube to rewatch without feeling the need to see the rest of the film. That said, i always upload full albums to my mp3 player, but i don't hesitate to skip around on songs if i feel like it.
>>
>>63057839
>Jay Z once said something album the lines of "I don't see the point in singles, you wouldn't watch a movie in scenes would you?"
>>63058343
>If you don't listen to full albums then you're missing out. Just liking singles is pretty plebish

But here's the thing....I generally listen to a full album at least once or twice, but that doesn't guarantee every song is going to be good

Especially in the last decade albums are full of filler tracks and mediocre material with a few songs that had effort put into them
>>
>>63056857
>implying all people are retarded enough to use itunes
>>
>>63058731
>ipod
Only iTunes can sync iPods you idiot
I use it and it runs fine, too bad if it doesn't work for Windowsfags
>>
>>63058765
Works fine for me, it's just a really inconvenient layout compared to like Zune or something
>>
>>63058952
>zune
>convenient

nice vintage shill
>>
i put full albums then make genre-ish playlists from with my favorite songs. sometimes i'm in an album mood sometimes i'm in a playlist mood..
>>
I fill it only with albums I've not yet listened to, and update it once a month with fresh stuff from my backlog as I progress through them. It usually fits around 200 and I work through 30-50 per month, works well enough
>>
>>63057839
>you wouldn't watch a movie in scenes

Explain the popularity of those individual clips of the best bits of a film on YouTube.
>>
I'd fucking hope it were full albums.
>>
>>63057132
If you don't put entire albums you're just fucking retarded, unless it's a single it's OK but if you put separate songs from an album youre a FAGGOT
>>
>>63059378
Just becuase someone uploaded the clip to youtube doesn't mean that's how the movie was meant to be viewed or what the director wanted.
Most people only watch clips after they've seen a movie anyways and if you're watching clips of movies it proves you're part of the microwave generation problem anyways.

If someone wanted to release something to stand on their own they would have made a short film or episodic, you're logic makes no sense.

There's a larger story within in those scenes just like there's a larger context for those songs.

But I will say some songs work on their own but those are usually singles for that reason, not every song has the power to stand on it's own. Which is why it's part of the albums context.
>>
full albums duh
>>
>>63056840
I put on full albums which I have acquired legally. The only way to do it, lads.
>>
My whole library on my iPod Classic 160gb. Lossless files are converted to mp3s, it wouldn't fit otherwise.
>>
File: 1445225855494.jpg (73 KB, 300x356) Image search: [Google]
1445225855494.jpg
73 KB, 300x356
lately I've been adding singles and stuff i like to my phone from YouTube. they all go into unknown artists.
>>
I have all my full albums well organized to my likings and my singles organized as if they were full albums. I once saw an anon say they throw all their singles into one album to keep them separate and think about doing it, but I don't mind having singles like that enough to bother yet. I use iTunes because of my iPod classic btw.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.