[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Alice Glass: "it is my opinion that [Ethan Kath] is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 61eba9e9.jpg (20 KB, 658x425) Image search: [Google]
61eba9e9.jpg
20 KB, 658x425
>Alice Glass: "it is my opinion that [Ethan Kath] is not an appropriate artist to be performing at a feminism-centric event"
http://pitchfork.com/news/63939-crystal-castles-removed-from-feminist-themed-sxsw-showcase/
>>
okay
>>
okay.
>>
okay.
>>
>>63052799
I've listened to two album by this band and thought they were alright, but I know nothing about their drama. I know people like Alice because of waifu threads, but why do people hate her? Can someone fill me in/link me to something to tell me why?
>>
sickening

alice glass is an ugly cunt you won't even remember ever existed in a three years
>>
>tumblr endorsed event

WOW ITS FUCKING NOTHING.

Seriously are you shocked or something? What were you expecting?
>>
>>63052856
he did most of the work, she piggybacks his work because she's the "image/singer" of the group
>>
Alice glass, st Vincent, Grimes, and larkin grimm. Artists who need to go
>>
>>63052899
can you source me on this, or is this just assumed?
>>
It's fair enough if you read their explanation tbqh
>>
At the same time I'm glad they're not performing at a hideous tumblr event, but Alice is being such a fucking cunt. She literally only posts updates when Ethan announces actual musical progress, otherwise she's just posting shit all on Instagram.
>>
>>63052911
What did St. Vincent do?
>>
>>63052930
He claimed he did it all, even said he sang on their best songs
>>
>>63052930
he does the production, she does the singing, lyrics and the vocal melodies
>>
>We've removed Crystal Castles from the lineup of the 79 Cents party. We don't know the facts around comments made about a member of the band, and we're not going to engage in an investigation around it.

so lazy
>>
>>63052951
No, he just said that their popular songs didn't have her singing on them, which is true. That entire comment was meant to be him supporting her and saying that he thinks it's good that she wanted to build her own musical identity
>>
>>63052951
He didn't say he sang on their best songs, he said a lot of notable songs didn't even include Alice, like crimewave, vanished, not in love, untrust us
>>
>>63052979
Damn that sucks. Alice single handedly ruined it for them fuck her.
>>
>>63052856
dude is a diddler and was fucking her since she was 16, she prolly already got molested tho and is now famous because of his production skills. then the duo broke up cause he's a psychopath, allegedly.
>>
>>63052979
>an event organiser should drop everything and investigate a situation that's inevitably going to be a fucking mess and filled with hearsay and shitflinging when they only exist to organise a fucking event
>>
man i can't wait for lauren to pull something like this to kickstart her solo career...

her first single will probably be called "braver" or something
>>
File: new alice8.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
new alice8.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
Shut the fuck up, Old Alice

All hail New Alice.
>>
>>63053062
no one knows anything about what happened between them you dumb fuck, neither alice or ethan have said anything beyond those two facebook posts
>>
>>63053065
m8 there's a lot of difference between dropping everything to look into this and giving no effort at all because it seems hard
>>
Alice attempting to stay relevant and is jealous of Ethan because she can't write for shit without that guy from Health
>>
>>63053103
they explained why they don't want to right after your cherrypicked quote
>>
Not in Love CC version?

or

Not In Love CC Remix w/ Robert "Goth God" Smith?
>>
>>63052911
This
>>
>>63052979
Well that was easy.
>>
>>63053137
> we don't want the band's presence to distract from this important mission.
that is such a cop-out
They obviously just booted them on the off chance people would be mad about Crystal Castles being there
>>
>>63053261
It's not a copout. If they investigated it, then all the shit that went on or didn't go on would be dragged into the limelight and suddenly everyone would be remembering the event as that show with all the drama instead of something about genuine social issues.
>>
>>63053261
Sounds like a pretty good reason to me.
>>
>we'll NEVER have this cc back

why even live

stillbirth was nearly garbage and alice isn't gonna put out anything of high quality
>>
this is when "feminism" really gets bad

when some talentless piece of shit with a grudge uses it as a weapon to shit on someone entirely for reasons of self gain and revenge.

sound familiar?
>>
>>63052911
St. Vincent may be bad, but at least Ann isn't a cunt.
>>
>>63052799
>pitchfork

Into the trash it goes

Why do people even give them ad revenue?
>>
>>63053425
>This is when "feminism" gets really bad
>When some festival does some shit and no one cares except feminists and people who live to get angry at feminism
>>
>>63053425
That's hardly how it's playing out. She's not going out and making outlandish claims about how she was LITERALLY RAPED. Hell, this is the second thing she's said implying that their relationship soured since the breakup.
>>
>i will remove the person who made all the songs of the band xDD
>muh patriarchy
>>
>>63052979
What kind of fucking explanation is that?
>>
>>63053475
But he's partly right, literally why did Alice have to say anything about this? What is she getting out of this? She claims to have moved on from CC but keeps talking about them (she also posted something about CC two days ago or something)
>>
alice glass is garbage, crystal castles is mediocre.
>>
>>63053065
Usually I'd agree, but all Ethan said was the Alice wasn't on a lot of their popular songs. Not really sure what's controversial about that. They could have at least looked up what they're talking about, would have taken 5 seconds.
>>
This new album is going to be shredded in the reviews. Doesn't even matter if it's actually good.
>>
why are women so shit
>>
>>63053790
DId you see the original facebook post? It was phrased in a way that was pretty petty, although I'd agree that was what he meant there. Regardless of that whole thing, her response made it clear that there was a lot of shit between the two of them (or Alice thinks there is) and it's that stuff which triggered her comment on the SXSW show.

Regardless of whether or not it's true, it's just going to distract from the actual event's message and it shouldn't even be their responsibility in the first place.
>>
>>63054200
yeah you're right

doing the right thing is usually a pretty distraction from the easy thing
>>
>>63053833
This is so fucking true.

Though desu there will also be /mu/tants who love it whether or not it's good just to be anti-p4k
>>
>>63053384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jnMclUHjc

decide > frail
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.