[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst show you've been too and why were you there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
>>
VNV Nation

Decided to go to support the venue as shows like that seldom make it to my town. Regretted it massively.
>>
>>63045753
Probably some free shit playing in a park somewhere. I'll usually give a band five to ten minutes.
>>
>>63045753
Cord to the vag is a cool concept
>>
>>63045753
My worst show was my first show, it was last night. The Experience Hendrix Tour. Eric Johnson is a god.
>>
fuck-awful grrrrl punk band in Denton
>>
sleigh bells
>>
>>63045753
Did she shove a contact mic up her twat? Nasty.
Noise music is shit enough as it is, combining it with liberal arts college feminism and performance art is just overkill.
>>
>>63045919
THE FUCK AWFUL GRRL PUNK BAND OUT OF DENTON
WAS A COUPLE OF GIRLS WHO'D BEEN FRIENDS SINCE GRADE SCHOOL
>>
Never been to a bad show because I'm not a fucking idiot
>>
HEALTH in Denton, actually. They kept asking for a place to stay the night between bad blasts of music
>>
I went to a show this noise-rock band called Claw Marks were playing because I'm a big fan of their hectic live show, but they were on bloody late, around midnight or something, I was eager to see them either way;
but before them played a band called Rhubarb Triangle,
and there's is a set I will always remember, for all the wrong reasons.
I still have no idea how a band like Rhubarb Triangle comes about.

They were a three-piece - keyboardist, bassist, drummer. Their keyboardist had about twenty fucking pedals beneath his keyboard and I honestly do not remember him using any of them.
Their bassist was out of time, and at one point his cord broke so he ended up swinging it against the drummer's cymbals, which would've looked cool - except it was awkward, weird and desperate.
Their sound was a cacophony of barked vocals and simple synths, overall a complete mess of a performance that was executed with a very serious attitude, for the most part.
They were definitely very invested in creating this truly awful experience.

When their performance ended I was tired, annoyed and there was hardly a crowd so I left before Claw Marks came on, who then apparently tore the place apart and put on a stellar show.

Fuck you, Rhubarb Triangle.
>>
>>63045975

..and it was bad.
>>
>>63045975

HAIL SATAN
TONIGHT
>>
NIN on that tour where they left all the cool lights at home and all they had were these swinging lamp shade things when I wanted to see the big Year Zero screen that looked fucking amazing

Fuck you Trent I still want my money back

Ladytron were good supporting though so they made up for it
>>
Mac Demarco in Denton
>>
>>63045919
>>63045975
>>63046060
>>63046219

Saw Why? twice in Denton. Just so everyone knows Denton isn't only full of shittyass shows
>>
I had to sit through HEALTH before death grips went on
>>
>>63046121
>Rhubarb Triangle
fucking lol
>>
>>63045753
This looks like a screencap of a video.

Anyone have a link to whatever the fuck is going on there?
>>
File: 121015-ty-4.jpg (175 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
121015-ty-4.jpg
175 KB, 620x413
Ty Segall and the muggers

They only played their new album
>>
File: 7945743214_2118d4f489_o.jpg (620 KB, 977x921) Image search: [Google]
7945743214_2118d4f489_o.jpg
620 KB, 977x921
>>63046691
Noise show cunt Ghost Taco
>>
>>63046817
ugo should fuck off back to her liberal arts college
>>
>>63046267
Denton has some good shows. Machete Western at some house was one of the best shows I've ever seen
>>
Savages last Tuesday.

The band was great, but holy fuck it was the worst audience I've ever seen. It was a sold-out show in a large theatre, and 60%+ of the audience were 40 year old music critic types that weren't having any fun. People would get upset if you tried to move up a row and everyone was just kind of standing still staring at the band. I could see that I was maybe 4-5 rows away from the fun in front of the stage but the venue was so fucking packed there was no way to push through all the fucking scarves and balding heads.

Even the band noticed that they were playing for the lamest people ever. It's funny considering how on Monday I saw Hinds and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.
>>
I've been to a couple of shows in Deep Ellum with particularly bad openers. Some even drove from out of state to play, too
>>
>>63047049
Have you ever been to the CooOoompound? It's a house venue in Dallas. Milo played there a few weeks ago and it was pretty sweet
>>
>>63045753
some crappy folk musician playing in the park as I walked through town one day, it was the worst both because it was bad music and because no matter where I went in town I could hear it.
>>
>>63046983
>hinds
>best show ever
Lmao kys hinds blows u fucking kid
>>
Beach House at the Civic Theater in NOLA. Everyone was super rude, the opening act was on super late, and Beach House even later. Beach House only played their shitty minimalistic songs, except for Myth which they played at the end of the show. I would see them again, but not at the Civic. Horrible venue.
>>
>>63047345
yeah i know man, the band sucks but holy shit it was such a small audience who were ridiculously into it, 10/10 lrn2fun m8.
>>
Grimes, got a free ticket from my friend and figured what the hell.
>>
Shellac

btw im gay and like disco
>>
>>63046724
The guy has way too many songs and side projects to pick and choose from. I can understand why he would only play new stuff with whatever current band he worked with.
>>
>>63047333
oh, and The Wailers comes in second, not only was the show completely devoid of enjoyment from the musicians I felt awkward as fuck because I was surrounded by "BOB MARLEY IS BEST JAMACIAN MUSIC BECAUSE IT"S THE ONLY ONE I'VE HEARD OF!!!" types that wanted to take to me about their wonderful Bob Marley experiences for some reason....
>>
Mutiilation.
Aside from the fact it's already an awful band; absolutely no one looked like he wanted to be there, the drummer wasn't in time despite having some of the easiest rythm parts in history, and the show felt like it lasted way too long.
It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it was an awful show. The biggest highlight was getting drunk with friends.
>>
>>63046724
>>63047518
well, that and it's not really that uncommon for people that are promoting a new album to play mostly music from it.
>>
Arctic Monkeys, singer was not good live, he sounded drunk or something, The guitarist was not playing on rhythm, and I was so far out, I couldn't feel any type of stage presence. Fuck Lollapalooza headliners.
>>
went to denton & got robbed twice fuck denton
>>
>>63046724
The new album is fucking great though
>>
Saw Chvrches in Denton, I wish i didn't pay for that shit
>>
swans in denton, one of the rhythm guitarists threw up on an amp and it sounded muffled the whole show. they all sounded like shit honestly
>>
i saw every time i die in buffalo a couple years back

so so so awful. just drunk bros everywhere, waiting for the next breakdown. not to mention etid sucks in any scenario
>>
I've been to a couple of my friend's brother's band's gigs in Glasgow a few times. While I don't like metal, I thought i'd be sociable and go. While his band was alright, the acts before it were always god awful. Why do fat, unwashed people like metal so much?
>>
menace ruine. their sound was so shit and they were so grumpy.

i as there cuz they opened for ash borer. ash borer was great
>>
The Lemonheads. Fuck that was awful.

My girlfriend and I were one of maybe 5 people under 40 in a sold-out club (Ottobar). It's normally a pretty scuzzy, beer-soaked place, but they were serving wine at the bar. Just a weird atmosphere right away.

Evan was not into the show at all. It was billed as one of those "The Lemonheads Play 'Ray' In It's Entirety" deals, and they played the album as fast as they possibly could. No soul, no energy, just getting it over with. The rest of the band was trying to put on a show, but Evan looked like he hated every song they played and barely said anything to the crowd, which wasn't even so much as nodding their heads. It was all fucking depressing.

We eventually just walked away and got drunk. The only headliner I've ever walked out on (that I was there to see).
>>
>>63045919

>it's a "variation of the word Vagina/shitty wordplay with the word vagina or clitoris" grrrrl punk band name
>>
Death Grips in Chicago when they made us wait for hours and didn't show up as a meme
>>
File: PS63616_1.jpg (145 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
PS63616_1.jpg
145 KB, 1600x1600
>>63045753

Not the worst, but a huge letdown was the Beach House installation in Chicago last night. Love em but this was bagel-tier hipster shit. They played behind a curtain that they projected screensavers onto and the venue had a single one-toilet bathroom for 200+ people with a shoddy lock.
>>
WHY? I went for a friend, easily the worst show I've gone to. They were bland and boring on stage and the venue was falling apart.
>>
>>63047607
>>63047518
I knew he was only going to play his new stuff but I was hoping for a variety. They did and encore performance of songs off of Melted and I thought that was better than the rest of the set. I'm just not a huge fan of his new album.
>>
>>63048685
could it count as a show if it didn't happen?
>>
Is denton a new meme?
>>
>>63045905
my worst show was my first show. years ago though. went through 3 guitars in 4 songs. not good
>>
>>63045975
that was awful. good song though
>>
>>63047513
underrated
>>
File: nyconf.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nyconf.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>63049173
>They played behind a curtain

They what?
>>
>>63045753
We were going to see Quilt at a free show. The opener was the worst. The bassist was really drunk and stumbling. Attempted a guitar flip thing and dropped it on stage.
>>
Itt: pleb opinions
>>
>>63049350

Yep. Not even kidding. It was semi-transparent but from where I was at I couldn't see shit. Most of the crowd didn't seem into it. Might as well have just put a record on, wouldn't have known the difference.
>>
Went to a Tera Melos show in SF a while back.

"We got 2 more for you."

Nick Reinhart proceeds to play random notes off his guitar while literally testing every fucking pedal while the bass and drums is playing a steady rhythm in painful anticipation of when they could actually play their last 2 songs.

20 minutes later they figure out what 2 songs to play.

>"Oh such genius, that freestyle was just great."
>"So good."

Gtfo. Dude was legit just dicking around with his fucking pedals for 20 minutes straight.

Fuck Tera Melos.
>>
>>63045753
Future was just flaccid at best
>>
>>63049404
I seriously don't see the point of that... Did they say they were doing it for some kind of activism or something?
Not that it would be cool toward the crowd that came to SEE them live, but still...
>>
>>63049745

No they didn't say anything about it beforehand. Obviously they were doing it to make some sort of artistic statement. Pretty dumb imo, their music is art in itself and I would have like to be able to see them perform it.
>>
>>63045975
Holy shit lol
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.