[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU HATE ME DONT YOU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: 09-kendrick-lamar.w529.h529.2x.jpg (104 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
09-kendrick-lamar.w529.h529.2x.jpg
104 KB, 1058x1058
YOU HATE ME DONT YOU
>>
does the people who hate black people even ever hear his music? preaching to the choir a bit.
>>
YOUR PLAN IS TO TERMINATE MY CULTURE
>>
nah you seem like a pretty cool dude
>>
Not really I just don't like hip hop anymore. You guys make me feel bad for being white
>>
>>63042388
YOU'RE FUCKING EVIL I WANT YOU TO RECOGNIZE THAT I'M A PROUD MONKEY
>>
/mu/ seems to think kendrick is genuinely anti-white people, so yeah, most of the board hates him
>>
>>63042495
well considering that line is directed at white people it's obvious he wants us to hate him
>>
BOO BOO
>>
Yes I hate you

Because your music is trash and I'm sick of seeing you on /mu/ all the time
>>
>>63042495
>>63042502
YOU SABOTAGE MY COMMUNITY, MAKIN A KILLIN
YOU MADE ME A KILLA, EMANCIPATION OF A REAL NIGGA
>>
>>63042388

You should be proud of your heritage. Those who inherit the genes and tradition of lesser peoples naturally aim to jealously undermine the self-worth of greater peoples.

There would be no animosity if we were separated, as Malcolm X wanted.
>>
>>63042197
>>63042240
>>63042431
I'M THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE OF 2015

seriously no one understands this album

it's barely about race. it's just about his experience with fame. it's the same as drake except he's guilty about his fame. the real guilty one is kendrick. of course he doesn't hate white people or anyone. he hates himself. that's why he has to keep telling himself the opposite on i.
>>
>>63042502
I think he's just lashing out emotionally. A lot of people think Kendrick is standing on some soapbox preaching, when in reality he's just sitting in a corner yelling at himself and crying. I think his music is far more introspective than it is political
>>
>>63042552
Yeah, exactly. You kinda got to it before I (>>63042594) did
>>
>>63042552
But wouldn't it make sense, if you look at the time when TPAB was released, for it to be about race? With all the rioting and lynching white people going on and stuff.
>>
>>63042650
>lynching white people going on
enlighten me, please
>>
>>63042666

https://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/statistics/
>>
>>63042650
... except you can't just extrapolate what an album is about without listening to it and parade your opinion around like a piece of shit. or i guess you can but you're a piece of shit.

honestly the album is confusing. he's moving in and out of different characters. you're never sure which voice he's talking in. when i first heard it i basically had no clue.

it's sort of about race because he's talking about the black community and how troubled it is, but it's not a white versus black thing. he's almost saying the opposite. he's making it about the black community improving itself. he sees gang violence as an internal problem and the solution being one of respect. blacker the the berry is about a hypocritical black guy who has anti white opinions but also murders his own kin.

mostly though it's about kendrick being guilty for his success because he came from the bottom but now he's rich. so it's like the flip side of drake.

actually listen to it before you spout memes and onions on it.
>>
File: secyuseu.png (72 KB, 299x222) Image search: [Google]
secyuseu.png
72 KB, 299x222
>>63042709
>wordpress
>wall of text
>ctrl+f 'lynch' and 'hang'
>turns up nothing
>>
>>63042650
He's obviously addressing racial issues, but he's not hopping onto some social justice bandwagon. The racial tension right now is just one of many catalysts for his inner turmoil.

"u" is the most raw & honest song on the album. It's Kendrick with his heart on his sleeve. It gets down to the core of all his emotional problems, and it's not racial at all. It puts the whole album in perspective
>>
>>63042822
"The racial tension right now is just one of many catalysts for his inner turmoil"

in retrospect that sounds pretentious as fuck
>>
>>63042666
>>63042822
I was implying that it would make sense for the music press and everyone else to think it was about race because it was/is such a hot topic.
>>
>>63042666
>>63042744
Please google it and take a look at some neutral & objective articles on this matter (for example the daily stormer, daily mail, breitbart, etc).
>>
>>63042886
oh. then yeah, you're right.
>>
>>63042953
my dear man, you should have said you had such trustworthy sources in the first place!
>>
>>63042733
>boo hoo im a tortured artist who got successful

yawwwwwwwwwwn
>>
>>63042197

>Wesely's Theory
Kendrick talks about his dreams and plans on what he's going to do after he's famous (Caterpillar stage)
>King Kunta
After gaining fame, he proclaims himself king of hip hop
>Institutionalized
Kendrick feels that the things he learnt in Compton is ingrained in his DNA. Begins his introspective journey
>These Walls
Kendrick starts delving deeper into himself..sort of like a (Cocoon stage)
>u
Goes into complete depression and starts tearing himself down
>Alright
Kendrick realizes all these things make him who he is and breaks free (Butterfly stage)
>Momma,Hood Politics,How much a Dollar cost,i,The Blacker The Berry,Complexion,Mortal Man
He sheds light on subjects he previously couldn't.

Truly is 10/10
>>
>>63043421
Never looked at it this way before
>>
File: 1456803194377.png (145 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1456803194377.png
145 KB, 500x545
>>63042544
>>
I've never heard much of Kendick Lamar's music, but from this, he makes dogshit music. I hope he never came out of Compton so that he could stay like the overrated untalented shit he is. He wouldn't compare to actual influential artists like Beethoven, Queen or the Beatles.
>>63043421
>>63043525
Stop dickriding this lame musician.
>>
>>63042197
the hook to this song is so fucking good t b h

even if you don't like the album if you don't think blacker the berry is the tightest shit kys
>>
>>63042544
Reminder that white "people" almost got wiped out by a plague because they threw their shit on the streets and didn't wipe their asses.
>>
>>63046697
you're trying to hard

>>63045538
see above
>>
>>63045538
(You), now fuck off
>>
>>63047157
>>63046939
Keep sucking this talentless midget's dick with your idiotic "muh white guilt" thinking. This shit music you call "rap" is just simple nigger babble onto a mic with a simple beat, and this hack you listen to doesn't even compare to the music of the 80's or 90's, and Rock, Classical Music and Jazz will forever be 100x better than today's generation's music. Go fuck yourself.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmW11MhwHmU
The music you listen to is making you more of an idiot. And by your comment, this is a fact. Grow up and listen to actual music for once.
>>
>>63048270
off yourself faggot
>>
File: 1438120777825.png (386 KB, 634x618) Image search: [Google]
1438120777825.png
386 KB, 634x618
>>63048270
>trying this hard
>>
>>63048270
where are you from, what compels you to bait this hard?
>>
>>63048270
i genuinely don't know if you're trolling (born in le wrong generation much?), but jazz is a huge component of the music on his album. listen to "for free?". It's this crazy free jazz interlude. He's juxtaposing "high art" with "low art", class with vulgarity, daunting complexity with everyday bullshit, yada yada yada
>>
I don't hate him, he just tries too hard
>>
>>63048599
>saying "nigger" while telling others to listen to rock and jazz

he's either trolling or legit retarded
>>
as a /mu/tant who went to a kendrick show he doesn't hate white people. It is funny hearing the while people ease into sayin nigga while singing along . It starts with half the crowd dropping out when the song says it and ends with more white people yellin nigga then at a klan rally
>>
>>63042733
It's about dealing with mental illness(depression), the black community, the music industry, and Kendrick's roots. It is more of an internal album than anything.
>>
>>63042552
>condoning respectability politics
fucking racist
>>
>>63048270
TPAB is more complex and interesting on a purely technical and musical level than most classic rock desu
>>
>>63043421
I've always thought Alright should've came after i to be honest. Like he just goes from depressed to happy so quickly.
>>
Kendrick Lamar is everything Kanye wants to be
>>
>>63043421

thanks senpai really wasn't feeling this album....I guess I should re listen

[spoiler]how does this dick aint free fit into this [/spoiler]
>>
>>63042197
YOU HATE MY CHICKEN
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.