[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is basically losers with no musical ability or talent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: rateyourmusic.jpg (11 KB, 500x180) Image search: [Google]
rateyourmusic.jpg
11 KB, 500x180
So this is basically losers with no musical ability or talent rating the music of people they don't know and will never meet for internet points, right?

Surely nobody who is employed with a life has a RYM account.
>>
so you're basically mad out of nowhere?
>>
>>63041647
Nice to see you had to make an entirely separate thread

Nah I just use it to catalog what I listen to and so I can keep it in my mind to return to it if I want
>>
>>63041673
I've been mad about this for a while now.

>>63041678
Fair enough.
>>
RYM: When just listening to music isn't enough
>>
>you have to play an instrument to listen to music

when will this meme end
>>
>>63041647
>mad that true connoisseurs panned all his favorite meme bands
>>
>>63041689
yea, but for no reason at all it seems
>>
>>63041689
Oh and also I play bass so I guess that counts as musical ability too

MYTH
B U S T E D

>>63041695
When everyone is dead
>>
Who called you a pleb, OP?
>>
>>63041647
I am employed, have a life, and use RYM.

I like the auto-recommendation feature, also, like someone earlier said, I use it for cataloging purposes.

I also play guitar and bass, and dabble with keyboard.
>>
>>63041789
>employed
>uses a tripcode
please stop
>>
>can't cook
>still thinks he can enjoy a gourmet meal

when will this end
>>
>>63041823
Music isn't detrimental to survival like food is. Try again, memer.
>>
File: 12.jpg (66 KB, 450x660) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
66 KB, 450x660
>>63041647
>losers
>"having a life"
>>
>>63041845
what
>>
>>63041823
what does that have to do with this thread

>>63041845
what does that have to do with this analogy
>>
>>63041845
>detrimental
literally the opposite of the word you were looking for
>>
>>63041871
you don't have to be good at something to critique it

you dont have to be a cook to critique if something tastes good or not

you dont have to be a musician to know if something sounds bad or not
>>
I have listened more albums than most musicians, I'll critique them if I want to.
>>
>>63041913
so you'd rather just have a worthless opinion?
>>
>>63041949
Extreme waste of time. You'd be better off doing something that gets you paid.

Not listening to shit like Captain Beefheart and just further alienating yourself from friends and family because they're plebs and can't understand avant-garde.
>>
>>63041967
sure, it's an opinion.
>>
>>63041967
You realize 90% of rym users rate the music for themselves, not to be a critic for other people? It's rateYOURmusic, not Ratemusiconanobjective scale

they give users the ability to make their own scale for christ's sake
>>
>>63042000
Would you ask a person with down syndrome their opinion on Kid A? No, of course you fucking wouldn't. It would a worthless opinion.

Same thing.
>>
>>63041992
I'll do with my life whatever I feel like, and I'll come here and tell how much of a big retarded plebeian you are everytime you make stupid comments.

Btw, I have a job, it's not like they are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>63041913
nvm i was being retarded
well, i seem to be in good company

>>63041967
dude its just about what music you enjoy, i dont think an opinion on that could have great worth anyways
>>
>>63042014
how are they the same thing? everyone has a different set of experiences that gives their opinions various levels of worth. not playing an instrument doesn't mean your opinion is on the same level of someone who doesn't listen to music at all. that's clearly an over-exaggeration.
>>
>>63042014
It would actually be interesting to see what music people with different disabilities enjoy.
>>
>>63042023
They would be exclusive if you were worth a shit as a musician like myself.

You fucking faggots don't even know.

I've shared the god damn stage with DEREK BAILEY, ANTHONY BRAXTON.

I've ever played the same festival bill as fucking Swans you idiots masturbate over.

It's okay though, I know it probably hurts to see a real musician among this board of NEET and virgin.
>>
>>63042113
When you drop your shit music let me know so I can tell you how terrible it is and why.
>>
>>63042113
I WALKED BOB DYLAN ONSTAGE
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU
>>
>>63042014
even if you asked a music prof whether they like it or not, what's it to you, do you care in the end?
>>
>>63041845
>you need gourmet to survive
>detrimental
you are retarded
>>
this thread is cancer unless u r8

https://soundcloud.com/slapabass
>>
Why do you care about image so much?
>>
>>63041967
all opinions are worthless you mongoloid.
>>
File: shirtless-man-profile-20237500.jpg (132 KB, 942x1300) Image search: [Google]
shirtless-man-profile-20237500.jpg
132 KB, 942x1300
I literally took choir, band, bells, and music appreciation all through middle school and high school and it literally doesn't make a difference in critiquing certain music or not
>>
>>63042113
I can go from Frank Sinatra to Bullet For My Valentine to Avenged Sevenfold all in the space of minutes

What have you ever done?
>>
>>63042113
>being this insecure
>>
>>63042113
really? I'm curious who you are.

how was playing with Braxton?

and btw you're pretty correct about RYM but there are pockets of trained people like me
>>
File: 3752814.jpg (69 KB, 520x535) Image search: [Google]
3752814.jpg
69 KB, 520x535
>>63041647
i use it because it sparks conversation with my irl friends who also use RYM. I also enjoy the autistic community, it reminds me of this place desu.
>>
>>63042113
lol
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.