[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy needs to be stopped, his reviews are relevant at times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: FuckthanyOfftano.png (753 KB, 1334x1024) Image search: [Google]
FuckthanyOfftano.png
753 KB, 1334x1024
This guy needs to be stopped, his reviews are relevant at times but most of the time they are just blatant opinions directed towards personal controversy.

All together he seems rather pretentious, considering his channel is getting big and he's got many people washed up into his reviews, which causes people to just do and listen to exactly what he does.

Also Fuck Charlie xcx.
>>
Man I don't usually like the guy, I don't like a lot of his politics, and I don't really agree with a lot of his views on music but he still has the right to state his opinion, and that opinion is still valid.

Don't get so upset over him.
>>
>>63024742
>most of the time they are just blatant opinions
That's all anyone's thoughts are on music are
>>
>>63024783
His opinion is completely manufactured to cause controversy
>>
>>63024742
Have you ever considered that music opinions are subjective.

Fantano is a goof but he only gets so much hate here because everyone is secretly thinking

>hurr he's getting rich from something I could have done
>>
>>63024742
why does another persons opinion on a shitty album make /mu/ so upset? same thing happens with p4k think for yourself you fag
>>
>>63024742
>his reviews are relevant
To what exactly?

Lmoa it's just a review
>>
File: wenn20273913_600.jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wenn20273913_600.jpg
78 KB, 600x600
>Fuck Charlie xcx

Opinion Discarded
>>
>>63024818
Keep your saltiness to yourself, this is just cringe
>>
>>63024818
No they aren't. You're just too autistic to handle people disagreeing.
>>
>>63024742
>most of the time they are just blatant opinions
yeah, no shit you stupid fuck. theres a reason why music is subjective
>>
>>63024818
>I like Kendrick Lamar
that's real fucking controversial you moron
>>
>>63024850
>why does another persons opinion on a shitty album make /mu/ so upset

>>63024849
>>
>>63024872
You want hot girls go look at models, I want new music. You are the one that needs be discarded.
>>
File: 1456905464918.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1456905464918.png
296 KB, 649x649
>this guy's music reviews are blatant opinions

Ask yourself critically, "why do I care". stop and think about how fantano's youtube videos are really affecting your life. so you dont like one guy's opinion, how can you possibly live your life getting really frustrated and upset over that when theres 7 billion people?

I dont care for fantano, so I just dont watch his reviews or pay attention to discussion about them, and thats it.
>>
>>63024948
Also note that his channel is getting big, which means he can potentially be the fucking IGN of music.

Do you understand what kind of shit this could stir?
>>
>>63024948
OP is salty out of his own insecurity so he's creating reasons to be upset

>his opinions are deliberately controversial
>he's got his followers brainwashed

I would love to know why /mu/ is so completely obsessed with everything he says and does, but we'll never know
>>
>>63024978
>IGN of music
thats p4k
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 413x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 413x528
"You guys know this is just my opinion, right?" Is one of his little "catchphrases", so it seems silly to attack him based on that. He's presenting what he does as opinion.
The second paragraph is non-
Sequitur. He's pretentious because he's influential?
Regarding him "trying to be controversial", I don't know, maybe. People generally have "controversial" opinions though, and I don't think there's any way to prove he's misrepresenting himself.
>>
>>63024872
She's shit
>>
>>63024893
You're forgetting the part where he said they were directed towards personal controversy, you didn't read the whole sentence did you?

Typical Anthony fan.
>>
>>63025041
She sings good and raucous.
>>
>>63025342
>raucous

That's exactly it, she's annoying.
Another unoriginal musician aimed towards the pop culture.

Let's make note that she gets popular by singing on other peoples beats like gold panda.

gold panda should be in the spotlight man.
>>
>>63024742
>blatant opinions directed towards personal controversy.
that's why they're 'opinions'. You don't have to agree with them.
>>
>>63025473
Opinions that are highly viable in the eyes of the music community.
>>
>>63025389
She's not annoying you pleb, she brings the party vibes alive! Spoken like a true shut in. And pop is PURE as is Charli.
>>
I want to hit him with my car.
>>
File: 1454288406414.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1454288406414.gif
2 MB, 320x362
>>63025514
>>
>>63024742
>Also Fuck Charlie xcx.
wtf I wrote a song called Fuck Charlie, did he review it? because I had a dream where Antoine Fantoine was reviewing my life. I don't even watch his videos!
>>
Can't handle someone that has a different opinion than yours? How fucking old are you?
>>
>>63026714
Did you read the fucking thread at all?
>>
Am I the only one who was absolutely floored by this EP? I feel like it's worth the 8. It's incredibly innovative for pop music. Sophie is a 10/10 producer
>>
>>63026882
yeah that's the thing, Sophie is great. Charlie xcx just sings over shit that isn't hers.
>>
>>63024818
the reason his videos are so popular is because they're entertaining not smart
>>
>>63026915
her voices works with it incredibly though (not the guy you replied to)
>>
>>63026830
Holy shit you're dense. Hating someone for having a positive opinion on a musical project that you didn't like isn't normal. You're either a child or a grown man that needs help.
>>
>>63027008
I'm not hating SOPHIES project.
>>
>>63027061
Children shouldn't be on this site you know
>>
>CARING
>>
/mu/ told me aphex twin was good, and I didn't get it...I went through his ridiculous large catalog, and I still didn't get it... then I started listening to it again for the interesting timbres, textures, atmospheres, production techniques and my electronic music listening experience has been improved ever since.

If you're coming from a genre where lyrics and maybe instrumentation are what makes it enjoyable for you, I can understand why you might think this is shit.

I suggest you critically listen to, or attempt to listen to, the top electronic albums of the past 5 years(there are lists on p4k, factmag, RA, and even NPR) and then listen to sophie and you will understand why PC music is really fucking good, probably the best electronic label out right now.
>>
>>63027096
>Holy shit you are dense
>children shouldnt be on this site
>Maintreams opinions dont effect the music community at all!

Fuck off man.
>>
He only takes big album releases seriously

Just compare his Life of Pablo review to the I'm Up review

he goes seriously in depth about little things regarding production and shit when talking about Pablo, but didn't even mention how the last track on I'm Up has Thugs sisters spitting some of the worst bars in human history

he shits out half of his reviews and doesn't even try

also Charlie XCX confirmed better than Ugly Mane apparently
>>
>>63024783
You people are fucking cuckolds
>HE HAS THE RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT HE DOES AND DOSEN'T LIKE ABOUT MUSIC
but the second anybody in this fucking board does something like that it's all
>WAAAAH WAAAH, KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF ANON, WHY CAN'T I JUST SHITPOST ON /MU/, UGH!
>>
>>63027202
Ugly Mane is kinda bad though
this ep is great
>>
>>63027174
How the fuck does a music reviewer effect your life in anyway? You can easily ignore him if you want to, but you choose to be human scum and not contribute anything close to decent in this world.

Fuck off man!!
>>
>>63027250
Are you that stupid? I said his reviews will thrive people to listen to music that HE likes.

Now you think hard about that one in your little tiny brain.
>>
>>63027287
Cause it's not like people are incapable of forming their own opinions, right? Do you think that everyone that watches TheNeedleDrop are people that are followers that have no original opinion? All Anthony does is review music. That's it. Do you know all of his subscribers?Some of his subs disagree with him on a lot of his reviews. His fans aren't retards, i'm pretty sure they're human and they can form their own opinions

TLDR- You're a fucking retard
>>
>>63027430
Actually you're the retard if you can't figure out that majority of people are fucking sheep and follow each other.
>>
>>63027522
>Everyone's brainwashed except for me!

Do you believe in the Illuminati?
>>
>>63027430
little angry there ? hahaha.

fuck uuuuuuuuu :)
>>
>>63027561
stay edgy somewhere else and go back to listening to charli, uneducated white knight.
>>
>>63027602
Don't even listen to her, It's just common sense that you love Anthony's cock in your mouth at all times.
>>
>>63026882
I'm in love with it too, fuck the haters.
>>
>>63027637
(you)
>>
>>63027657
(your mother)
>>
that ep was legitimately great though
>>
>>63024901
>You are the one that needs be discarded.

lol why are you talking like a badly translated anime villain you weirdo
>>
>>63024901
It is new music you gobbler's nob.
>>
>>63028209
I don't even wanna reply with a negative comment, this made me laugh.
>>
>/mu/ defending Anthony

/mu/ is dead. If this were 2011 - 2012, I'd be defending him but his reviews are complete garbage now. He's reviewing almost all strictly p4k approved albums and hardly sways from the 'norm'. These pop reviews are fucking retarded no matter how right his opinion is.
>>
>>63028259
>poseur detected
>>
File: 4046665.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4046665.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
>>63024849
>music is subjective
>the actual fucking quality of music that can be heard and judged is subjective
>>
>>63028324
Forced meme retard detected
>>
The EP is not even bad though.
>>
>>63028988
Sophie's productions are good, but charli xcx is a generic dick hoe that only talks about shit that's already been said.
>>
>>63028358
>forced meme
It's board culture now, poseur. Sorry you have shitty pseudo-intellectual taste.
>>
That new charlie is good tho.
>>
charli is good

fantano is lame

this thread is autistic though
>>
>>63024742
He's a good critic.

He's good at describing music, he's enthusiastic, polite, can be pretty funny at times, has good video/audio quality, and he has listened to a decent amount of music and has a pretty in-depth knowledge about a fair number of genres.

Don't agree with him on everything, but he's pretty clear that his stuff is just opinion. He's shit on plenty of albums I like, and liked a bunch of albums I don't like. Who cares? At least he's not spouting overwrought nonsense like a lot of pitchfork writers.
>>
>>63028355
On what qualities do you believe music can be objectively judged?
>>
i believe anthony fantano is a moral panic entrepreneur... some blatant propaganda pieces on his "thatistheplan" channel.
>>
>>63030364
>>63030528
Charlie xcx is a generic Dick hoe with shitty lyrics, sophie on the other hand is what makes the album.
>>
>>63030596
Kek, valid point.

>>63030619
He's an OK critic, but has a lot of dick riders.

and that kinda fucks up the industry.
>>
File: 1451858550103.jpg (9 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1451858550103.jpg
9 KB, 262x263
>>63030596
>>
>>63030886
How do you think he fucks up the industry?

I maintain he's got a good reviewing style. Plus he's gotta have a good work ethic. He works through a lot of releases and produces a very considerable amount of content for one person.
If nothing else, I can respect that.
>>
>>63031124
Listening and reviewing music is not all that hard, trust me.

I wouldn't say a good work ethic, the fact of the matter is that any review he spews is now attached with people who just follow him like sheep.

And that alone is bad for the music industry because the mainstream just eats any shit they can get.
>>
>>63024849
>rich
>>
>>63031357
Yeah but that's pretty much true with any publication that does reviews. There will always be people who can't form their own opinions, and if they didn't get them from fantano they'd just be bumming their musical tastes off of Pitchfork or their friends or /mu/.
>>
>>63026882
nah i have been playin it repeatedly all week
>>
i fucking hate this guy, mostly because he's really fucking annoying... but then again... who cares? this guy, p4k, and all the other meme reviewers are still going to exist whether we like it or not. i would like to see him do a review with a little more substance and intelligence. but we know that's never going to happen. his taste is pretty hit-or-miss for me, in particular. don't waste your time, OP.

>>63026882
nope, it is really great. not sure if better than true romance, def better than sucker
>>
>>63024742
Who cares senpai? He has not been good in years. His old humor was great but now it's dumb, rivaling reddit humor.
>>63028259
This. He just reviews albums for the views now.
>>
This review is one of the first ones I've agreed with in a while desu
>>
>>63024742
>blatant opinions directed towards personal controversy.

Is this your first time reading a review of something?
>>
>>63030659
He's an idiot. Music hasn't been "objectively" judged since the classical era. And that's why no one except autists like classical era music.
>>
>>63024742
>being this special
>>
Speeding bullet 2 heaven is good music
>>
File: [smoking intensifies].jpg (45 KB, 570x378) Image search: [Google]
[smoking intensifies].jpg
45 KB, 570x378
>>63024742
>blatant opinions
OH NO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO
>>
>>63024742
the only problem i have is that he tries to be funny. Hes just not funny. just stick to reviews
>>
they're only controversial if you spend time talking about it as a controversy. spend that time with the music
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.