[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bob Dylan vs Neil Young thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
>best artist?
>more talented?
>best records?
>>
Both are talentless hacks who got famous more for their politics than music.
>>
blonde on blonde shits on every other album in the history of music tbqh
>>
>>63023921
KEK
>>63023977
BoTT is better desu
>>
Dylan on both accounts, obviously, but Young has way more okay-to-good records than Dylan does.
>>
Blonde on Blonde shits over anything Young has ever done.
>>
>>63023896
Dylan all the way, not that Young isn't great. Highway 61 Revisited is the greatest album of all time.
>>
i'm not playing this game. i like both. yes, one more than the other but it doesn't matter who. these threads are the reason why people say "/mu/-is-a-war." saging this nonsense.
>>
>>63023896
Bob Dylan is the best artist, the most talented artist, and the artist who made the best records because Bob Dylan is god.
>>
>>63023896
Neil Young. His music sounds more personal and emotive in my opinion.
>>
Neil young is the best. Dylan is trash
>>
Bob Dylan has a song where he sings about listening to Neil Young.

Young does not have any songs with lyrics about listening to Bob Dylan.

Young wins.
>>
File: ny844165_01.jpg (248 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
ny844165_01.jpg
248 KB, 1425x1425
>>63024456
Not really.
>>
>>63027623
"Bob Dylan said that. Something like that."

-Neil Young in the Bandit (Greendale, 2003)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJesMSShH0
>>
I like them both

Fave Dylan album: blood on the tracks
Runner up: bringing it all back home

Fave Young album: Everyone knows this is nowhere
Runner up: harvest

Two cool guys, they plates together a couple times back in the day.
>>
Neil Young, hands down. He has the more dynamic discography by far.
>>
>>63023896
Neither OP. Pic related wins
>>
>>63023896
I love both of them. Dylan is a better writer, but Young writes from the heart more than Dylan, so I prefer Young over him.
Favorite Young albums are the Ditch Trilogy, while my favorite Dylan albums are the Electric Trilogy.
>>
>>63027679
Well, dammit.

They are definitely gay for each other. So there's that.
>>
>>63023896
If they argued on twitter, which one would /mu/ dick ride?
>>
>>63027741
>tom_waits_hat_jacket_face_look

my sides
>>
>>63029347
To be honest probably Neil Young. Dylan would probably be backed by Reddit and Tumblr so by default /mu/ would have to latch on to Neil, even though Dylan's music gets more attention on here.
>>
>>63029347
I would ride Young and I represent all of /mu/
>>
>>63029347
dylan's
>>
>>63023896
Young has the better voice, Dylan better lyrics. Dylan has better records and is overall more talented. They both have their fair share of trash.

Blonde on blonde: 9/10
Harvest: 8/10
>>
Neil Young is a better "songwriter" if you're referring to arrangements and lyricism and pop song structure.

Bob Dylan has a better "feel", breaks the mould a little more with his songs, but obviously still has that magic touch too.

Despite being folk artists, their approach to songwriting seems pretty different. Gotta say Neil Young for me, though. Prefer his songs overall, but he never quite taps into some of the more interesting things Dylan does.

in their primes, I'd rather see Dylan + guitar live over Neil Young, but I'd rather listen to a Neil Young record.
>>
>>63030787
Dylan is an amazing pop song writer. That's why covers of his songs are always fantastic.
>>
>>63030787
>lyricism
Dylan is quite a bit better than Young with lyrics.
>>
Neil Young all day, every day
>>
>>63030787
You're kind of an idiot, no offence
>>
Bob Dylan is awesome but none of his albums touch After The Gold Rush or Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere for me.

Make way for the Cripple Creek ferry.

>>63027741
Also this.
>>
File: timlaughing.jpg (31 KB, 494x396) Image search: [Google]
timlaughing.jpg
31 KB, 494x396
Pic related is the true winner
>>
>>63032990
comments like that are cancer. ask yourself why you do it
>>
>>63030787
Wrong.
>>
>>63034233
Because I don't want to offend someone while pointing out their failures.
>>
>>63023896
Senpaitachi does anyone know a Neil Young (possibly Neil Diamond) song about the Wind? Or maybe it's a bout the snow? or being on a mountain?

I heard it like 10 years ago and its pissing me off I can't find it.

I remember on youtube the video clip was just a static image of a mountain and it was singing about how cold it was etc

I hope it was one of those 2 guys, i think it was
>>
remember when dylan ripped young off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7rQvJgTQ9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gazW7MOqHzQ
>>
>>63036107
>possibly Neil Diamond

kek
>>
>>63036173
:(

i bet the song sucks but i just hate not being able to find it

from memory it sampled wind blowing at the beginning, then it was lyrics about cold wind or something
>>
On The Beach is vastly superior to any record Dylan released
>>
>>63027623

maybe listen to Twisted Road by Neill

>First time I heard 'Like A Rolling Stone'
I felt that magic and took it home
Gave it a twist and made it mine
But nothing was as good as the very first time
>>
Seriously, can the blonde on blonde meme just stop
We all know highway 61 revisited is where it's all at.
>>
>it's a Girl from the North Country episode

best song yo
>>
>>63023896
Taylor swift
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.