[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to see Joanna live tomorrow, what should I expect? Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Going to see Joanna live tomorrow, what should I expect?

Also lets make this a Joanna thread;
>favorite Joanna song
>favorite Joanna lyric
>favorite Joanna moment
>>
>>63022477
Masturbate to world Warcraft you nerd xD
>>
She makes funny faces when she sings. Cute!
>>
>>63022523
I can second this lol, I was second row, expect the best show of your life t.b.h.
>>
File: jonew.jpg (49 KB, 400x555) Image search: [Google]
jonew.jpg
49 KB, 400x555
>what should I expect?
a fucking sexy female performing great songs
basically all you could need
i saw her live a few years back and it was a fantastic experience, you will enjoy it

>favorite Joanna song
Kingfisher, easily

>favorite Joanna lyric
"Though there is nothing would help me come to grips with a sky that is gaping and yawning
There is a song I woke with on my lips as you sailed your great ship towards the morning"

>favorite Joanna moment
>Hear it fall forevermore...
>[harp intensifies]
>>
idk.

but record Robin P's opening set and post it here, plz
>>
Does Not Suffice, the entirety of its lyrics, and the outro, which is one of my top 20 musical moments of all time
>>
>>63022619
I dunno man I adore joanna, I saw her a week ago. She was looking good but definitely not "sexy".

We weren't allowed to take pics but she had her hair in an unflattering ponytail and looking at the press shots she's going for that look throughout the tour.
>>
Saw her last night and it was excellent. From what I recall, she play Monkey + Bear, Cosmia, Bridges and Balloons, Peach Plum Pear, 81, Good Intentions Paving Company, Baby Birch, Sapokanikan, Leaving the City, Waltz Of the 101st Lightborne, Divers. Audience banter was quite funny too
>>
>>63022842
not allowed to take pics? I damn near taped the whole show
>>
File: 1.jpg (115 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
115 KB, 1000x664
>>63022842
>her hair in an unflattering ponytail
yeah but dat ass tho senpai
>>
File: 1456805213299.png (107 KB, 795x700) Image search: [Google]
1456805213299.png
107 KB, 795x700
>>
Is it true that she forgot how to play "the sprout and the bean"
>>
>>63023095
Lmao holy shit
>>
File: ows_144976678797568.jpg (1 MB, 1436x1761) Image search: [Google]
ows_144976678797568.jpg
1 MB, 1436x1761
>>63022842
>unflattering ponytail

you mean like pic related?
>>
I wish she'd play my harp ;^)
>>
>what should I expect?
An awesome gig. Anecdotes, Emily and Have One on Me were my favourites when I saw her in London a few months ago. I was disappointed that she didn't quite nail Sapokainikan.

>favorite Joanna song
Only Skin

>favorite Joanna lyric
"back on the patio watching the bats bring night in
- while, elsewhere, estuaries of wax-white
wend, endlessly, towards seashores unmapped"

>favorite Joanna moment
And what lies under, now
The city is gooooooone
>>
i really like her music but i just cannot fucking get used to her voice

maybe it will grow on me
>>
>>63023586
have you listened through Have One On Me? It's by far the best entry point for her vocals and her best vocal performance as well imo. Channels a lot of Kate Bush and Sandy Denny in. Much warmer and more intimate than her previous work.
>>
>>63023634
i've heard a few songs from it

i'll try it again, thanks
>>
Can you please record Robin's set before her?

All we have are these two videos, and while they're great I need my fleet foxes fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_eJRQnfals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_eJRQnfals
>>
>>63023783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKJ05MD-QQ
>>
>>63023885
everyone knows that Robin "head bobbin" Pecknold is way more chill than Jeff.
>>
I'm going tomorrow to, i fully expect it to be a top 5 all time gig.
>>
Good Intentions Paving Company is incredibly underrated. The lyrics make me tear up every time.

>Like a bump on a bump on a log, baby;
>like I'm in a fistfight with the fog, baby;
>step, ball-change, and a-pirouette!
>And I regret, I regret

>How I said to you,
>Honey, just open your heart,
>when I've got trouble
>even opening a honey jar.
>And that, right there, is where we are.

>And I've been 'fessing, double-fast,
>addressing questions nobody asked.
>I'll get this joy off of my chest, at last,
>and I will love you
>till the noise has long since passed.
>>
>>63022672
^^^so much this
>>
>>63022477
This is the gig in the Olympia right? If so good luck fellow Irishfag. I would love to go but unfortunately I can't make it. Have a good time for me
>>
Have One on Me is definitely my favorite song by her. She nailed it when I saw her live too. That was definitely one of the best shows I've been to.
>>
>>63024598
this version is godly. the buildup to this line @ 7:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACSH7QIQsM

>i want you to do this for me, will you have one on me

Her inflection and emotion is just ridiculously good
>>
expect to be very moved. one of the best live performances i've ever seen.

unfortunately, the last time i saw her ended horribly because i got in a fight with my then girlfriend which led to us taking a break which then led to us breaking up shortly thereafter. I will forever associate that evening with joanna's music - so that's shit.

but yeah, incredibly beautiful live.
>>
>>63024712
I actually have a similar connection. I went to see Joanna with a friend and that same night my ex got in a relationship with this guy she told me not to worry about (who used to abuse her). I didn't find out until the next morning when I was listening to Ys in my room. I had to stop in the middle of Only Skin.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.