[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artists who released there best album first.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: p02119q5d93 (1).jpg (149 KB, 960x1175) Image search: [Google]
p02119q5d93 (1).jpg
149 KB, 960x1175
Artists who released there best album first.
>>
>>63020242
their, fuck
>>
I don't know, dude. This is a dumb thread. I don't have time for this shit. I gotta work in an hour.
>>
Rollercoaster = Down Colorful Hill
>>
>>63020263
I know sorry just trying to waste time
>>63020269
Rollercoaster has a very weak second half
>>
File: ill.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ill.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
>>
Slowdive
>>
>>63020269
Rollercoaster wastes so much time when DCH does what it does with 6 better songs and in about half the time
>>
This one is debatable
>>
File: rhp.jpg (103 KB, 499x490) Image search: [Google]
rhp.jpg
103 KB, 499x490
End your fucking life, OP.
>>
>>63020438
I can't say that cause I haven't bothered to listen to the rest of his dsicography still feel bad about that
>>63020467
This nigga gets it, but I could definitely see an argument for Ocean Beach.
>>
I feel like 90% of the artists that I listen to get better with each new album, so I can't really think of anyone.
>>
>>63020487
reminder that this is definitely not BETTER than DCH
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 225x225
>>63020535
To me it usually goes like this
>>
>>63020540
daily reminder that Rollercoaster is the best slowcore album of all time and you have shit taste.
>>
Ocean Beach would be the best if the original release had the electric guitar version of Shadows.
Lord Kill the Pain is weak but it fits somehow so i agree, sorta
>>
>>63020614
If you took out the second version of mistress and added Evil in it's place i would agree with you wholeheartedly
>>
>>63020712
both versions of mistress are great
>>
>>63020484
Post-Trilogy is all shit, but yea that or Echoes of Silence.
>>
>>63020749
I agree but it should have been on Bridge instead of Rollercoaster cause that was the outtakes album.
It doesn't make sense having the same song twice on one album. Even if its a different version
>>
>>63020813
I get what you are saying but I feel like they are different enough to justify both of them being on the album, and I personally think evil is their best song so it would make rollercoaster better
>>
>>63020866
I agree that Evil is their best song, thats why i would want it to replace the piano version of Mistress on Rollercoaster.
Still an 10/10 album either way
>>
>>63020898
>>63020866
can we at least agree that RHP>SKM
>>
>>63020931
Yeah I like Sun Kill Moon but both lyrically and musically Red House Painters blows them away
>>
File: Bleach.jpg (231 KB, 1432x1404) Image search: [Google]
Bleach.jpg
231 KB, 1432x1404
>>
>>63021005
Honestly all there albums are pretty close in quality to me.
>>
>>63021005
Meme, but true.
>>
>>63021233
meh
>>
>>63020242
Here are some on top of my head (these are just my opinions). By the way, I'm not counting artists who released only one or two albums.

>Weezer
While Pinkerton is amazing and in my opinion technically better than the "Blue album", I just can't relate to it as much as I can to its predecessor.
I dunno, it felt like something I would make if I was as talented as Rivers Cuomo & co... It was like soundtrack for my late teens, and early 20s.

>Arcade Fire
I don't care much about Neon Bible, I don't remember when was the last time I listened to it, so it's automatically out of the race.
Reflektor was interesting, although a lot different from their previous work... It's been growing on me lately but I still don't like it as much as Suburbs and Funeral...
Now what puts Funeral above Suburbs for me, is that it feels more consistent. Not necessarily when it comes to quality, but when it comes to the atmosphere... Suburbs is all over the place, so it's kinda hard to listen to it when I'm not in the right mood for some tracks and Funeral is very reliable in that regard.
Oh, and that opening track on Funeral... hnnnghhh

>King Crimson
I know a lot of people here prefer LTiA and Red over itCotCK, but for me its still the most memorable one. And of course, you can't deny how revolutionary it was.

>Animal Collective
Because I'm not leddit!

>>63021005
Actually I think its in reverse here. I liked "In utero" the most out of them, although I haven't listened to them for a long time so my opinion could possibly change.
>>
>>63021377
All of these I agree with apart from Animal Collective

STGSTV is a solid 9/10 album for me, and I love it, but the production doesn't always work for me, and some parts of it are a little redundant.

I have always been an MPPfag since it came out though so it's just my opinion.
>>
>>63021377
>has strong opinions on Weezer, Nirvana and Arcade Fire
>is not reddit
pick one you huge pleb
>>
>>63021444
Oh well, that one was kinda sarcastic... Well maybe not... I'm not sure really.
Sound of STGSTV in general can sometimes be hard to stomach, but when it "clicks" it's like a drug for me.
It's also diverse without being too much "all over the place" as I described AF's Suburbs... Actually the sound might differ even more from track to track on this one, but atmosphere stays the same. That's what makes it so amazing to me.

>>63021688
First of all if you actually read my reply, you'd realize I don't really have strong opinion on Nirvana's albums.
I haven't listened much to them ever since my high school years, and I wouldn't really say that opinion of my teenage self is something you should take too seriously.

As for Weezer, well I dunno anon, "Blue album" is kinda like an ode to all the '90s nerds, I guess a lot of us here should like it for that... but not you since you're a total badass, right?

And what's the problem with liking AF? They might be a bit overrated (especially by the younger fans), but isn't it a good thing to know that actually talented people have a dedicated following in these times?
And well, I guess the more radio-friendly sound of Suburbs, and direction they took on Reflektor might not work for everyone, but do people actually have any real reason when it comes to hating on Funeral, except for not wanting to listen to it because their sister likes it, or something along those lines...
>>
Violent Femmes
The Velvet Underground
The B-52's
Kanye West
Rage Against the Machine
Vampire Weekend
Crowded House
Gorillaz
King Crimson
Lack of Afro
Steven Wilson
The Doors
>>
File: Linkin Park.jpg (79 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Linkin Park.jpg
79 KB, 750x750
Linkin Park
(I'm actually not sure whether I consider Hybrid Theory or Reanimation better)
>>
>>63022555
I unironically think a thousand suns is there best
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.