[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Swans general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Soundtracks_for_the_Blind.jpg (37 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks_for_the_Blind.jpg
37 KB, 332x332
>Gira's ex-wife has come out in support of Gira, which seems to contradict what Larkin said about her being worried for her children. it's likely they never actually talked at all, and this only takes away credibility from Larkin significantly
>Gira's current wife supports him as well, and Jarboe, and a former band-mate and HIS wife, meanwhile Larkin's only supporters are SJWs and "journalists" who are simply strangers taking her words (and are also mostly SJWs)
>Larkin isn't pressing charges, which is suspicious because you would think if all this is true she would want "justice", right? but instead it just seems like she wants attention and a smear campaign
>Gira explained everything that happened and has not lashed out at Larkin and is also encouraging his fans not to either--he is conducting himself in a very mature manner considering his career and legacy have already been damaged signifcantly by one Facebook post that can't even be proven

How long until Larkin buckles and admits she was bullshitting and all the former "fans" who said they were never gonna listen to Swans again realize what pieces of shit they are?

Also when will the melon speak on this? He's been strangely silent considering how huge of a Swans fan he is--TBK was his 2014 AOTY.
>>
If someone told me to guess a famous musician to come out against Gira on rape allegations, I would've never guessed this ugly fucking cunt would actually convince the press that anyone would ever want to rape her.
>>
>>63018754
>Also when will the melon speak on this? He's been strangely silent considering how huge of a Swans fan he is--TBK was his 2014 AOTY.

why would he harm his own reputation by giving away some hot opinions on the subject? Smart to wait/not talk at all desu
>>
>using the term SJW like this

>>>/gamergatehq/
>>
AND EVERY EVENING THE SUN COMES UP AND SHE GOES DOWN
>>
It's like prophecy .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMJUcKoeJyU
>>
you want a place to whine about evil feminists making putting dicks into sleeping people who asked you not to do it illegal?
i know just the site for you my friend, reddit!
>>
>>63019834
Shit b8, dude. Please try harder.
>>
>>63019860
>being so in denial that someone cant seriously dislike violating consent
nice echo chamber you've been in kid
:)
>>
Larkin already won. unless gira stops being vague and clears his name.

it's ggwp. Soon enough larkin will be giving tedtalks on surviving rape in the evil music industry
>>
"okay this is uh for now called red rhythm thing but its meant as a prelude for, i don't know what you'd call it, a "piece", we recorded for the last record, which is lots of various speed taped layers of guitars and it made this sort of pyramid of sound"- from The Gate

new album sounds dope, like soundtracks for blind but with more gitar
>>
>>63019919
im sorry kid but writing pol posts about the feminist conspiracy to castrate all men doesn't make you a philosopher
as an actual philosopher i would like you to remove your tripcode or alter it so that it doesn't imply that we have anything in common
>>
>>63020023
>as an actual philosopher
Stirner debunked philosophy
>>
>>63018754
Can you provide sources for jarboe and his ex wife? I can't seem to find them.
>>
>>63020080
Years ago!
>>
>>63018754
What really pisses me off is that a bunch of people both in Michael's camp (including his ex-wife) and Larkin's (her former bandmates) have said she's full of shit but no one is reporting that. It's so blatantly obvious its insane, but that's western media for ya.
>>
>>63018754
gb2/pol fgt
>>
>>63020080
Did he? I thought he just went on long rants about how cool he was an fuck the system.
>>
>>63018754
>all the former "fans" who said they were never gonna listen to Swans again realize what pieces of shit they are?
who has ever said this

and either way the controversy is dying down, you're one of the only people still actively going on about this at this stage of this whole thing before anything else happens
>>
>>63018754
Gira's talkin to his lawyers right now, so that's why he's silent and journalists are trying to talk to him.

Also : Ever get the feeling that Larkin is probably pissed about Gira's success and is about to shoot a 3-streak home run of an album.
And this girl was so irrelevant the past few months. Kinda surprised me that this shit happens juste before he releases his last album with this Swans Iteration in 2016.
>>
>>63020080
>hurrr philosophy is shit
idk when this stupid shit became popular but it is most psuedo-intellectual garbage in existence. The best part is you don't even know how utterly empty and hollow it is decrying philosophy while actively using an invention that only exists because of it.
>>
>>63020539
People hear what they want. When/if she recants, no one will report it or listen.
>>
>>63020829
Since the introduction of philosophy. In one way or another people have found reasons to call it out as shit.
>>
Don't care about any of this shit.

Just put out the fucking album.

Thank you for your time.
>>
File: Ava_Lord.jpg (2 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
Ava_Lord.jpg
2 MB, 1936x1936
fellow /mu/tant sisters and brother.
jennifer recounts on her facebook post of a song that michael dedicated to her on a swans album. does anyone know which one is it? i really want to know.
>>
>>63018754
The melon showed his support by showcasing Filth on his wall for the Intro to GREAT ALBUMS: FEB 2016

Larkin is full of shit.
>>
>>63021062
https://youtu.be/GtlNIQwe5H8
>>
>>63021062
it's one on the upcoming album
>>
>>63021062
yeah it's called "People Like Us" (on The Gate anyways). You can hear Michael's rendition of it on the Gate, as he demos it. Seems to be one of those breather tracks like "Song for a Warrior". On The Gate he also discusses and demoes the intros to some other tracks, one of which seems to be The World Looks Red
>>
>>63021141
>>63021154
>>63021182
i will give it a listen right now. much appreciated.
>>
>>63021141
>>63021062
Sorry, I thought you were referring to his former wife, not Jennifer.
>>
File: cd2.jpg (17 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
cd2.jpg
17 KB, 579x329
>>63020003
>lots of various speed taped layers of guitars and it made this sort of pyramid of sound
>>
>>63021292
no worries. i understood what you meant with her.
>>
>>63018754
This is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard this year: https://youtu.be/54c_aayWn6w
>>
>>63020023
>as an actual philosopher
died laughing well played anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNF5e-s0hVQ

is this the best "coward"?

i think so
>>
*We are reeling the liars in*
https://youtu.be/hU3o7YmANGs
>>
>>63018754
>Jarboe, and a former band-mate and HIS wife

I think you got this wrong. I haven't seen anything about Jarboe supporting him. Also it's not a former band member and his wife that supports him, it's Norman Westberg and his wife, Norm is very much still in the band and has been since Filth.
>>
>>63021621
Nah this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q16SSuOD2w
>>
>>63023446
that's actually the one i thought i was posting
>>
Man, I just spent a little time reading some reviews of The Seer and To Be Kind and it's really sad that this rape allegation killed all the momentum for the next album.

This shit was supposed to be a big event and now it's been tainted in the public eye. Will it affect review scores? I don't know, does it matter that it might? no not really. It's just sad to see steam taken out of this release.
>>
>>63024275
I don't think real Swans fans care at all about Grimm's allegations. It's obvious she's just trying to get attention to further her career.

I'm still pumped as fuck for the next album.
>>
>>63018791
She looks like fucking butthead
>>
>>63024275
Reviewers and music journos are an especially slimy breed of people.
>>
>>63024275

Pitchfork will now have a reason to bomb the new album other than being a white band.
>>
>Swans
>good
lol
>>
>>63025385
got'em
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.