[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do you think is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
Which one do you think is better?
>>
bob, nirvana good too though
>>
>>63014440
FUCK YOU FAG, DADROCk
>>
didn't know andy samberg released an album. Anyone got a link?
>>
>>63014652
Thomy Yorky is my Jesus
>>
Dylan by miles, but both of them are great.
>>
>>63014722
>>63014440
>Dylan is good meme
>>>/9/gag
>>
>>63014685
Thomy Yorky - that's the guy from cpatain beffheart right?
>>
>>63014099
gr8 b8
>>
>>63014813
Radio le porrkehid
>>
>>63014099

Dylan, easily. Better singer, way better lyricist, better instrumental compositions.

>implying Nirvana has a single song that touches Memphis Blues, Visions Of Joahanna or Only Bleeding
>>
Nirvana sucks fucking pleb shit
>>
>>63014856
Lel - the fuck listens to old people music like dylan and nirvana anymore let alone holds opinions about them?

It's all about trip hop.
>>
>>63014882
>It's all about trip hop.
Reminder that Bob Dylan invented hip hop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxjIBEZvx0
>>
File: b8 4.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
b8 4.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>63014882
>>
>>63014938
still doesn't justify listening to dylan.
>>
>>63014961
Why not?
>>
>>63014836
How is this b8?
>>
>>63015034
Because last time OP posted it the thread turned into a discussion, and OP came back after and laughed that the thread was still around and deleted it.
>>
>>63015072
Ok?
>>
>>63015110
What's not to understand?
>>
File: 1456926222358.jpg (546 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1456926222358.jpg
546 KB, 1365x2048
>>63014099
This one
>>
>>63015236
I don't think that's an original pressing
>>
>>63015243
This is the original sub pop vinyl cover. They look pretty similar to me
>>
>>63015331
>you can tell by looking at the cover
>>
>>63015331
Forgot pic
>>
>>63015343
Uhm yea you can. That's no news. Re releases (coming years after the original) have different covers or at least some other alterations, like a "deluxe edition" indication on the cover
>>
>>63014856
worse singer, worse compositions but better lyricist. Most of his stuff is really standard chord progressions and melodies, but thats not the point when it comes to dylan. Cobain on the other hand wrote great melodies and used unusual chord progressions and riffs
>>
Bleach 6/10
Nevermind 7/10
In Utero 9/10
MTV Unplugged 8/10

Bringing It All Back Home 8/10
Highway 61 Revisited 9.5/10
Blonde on Blonde 9.5/10
Live 1966 "The Royal Albert Hall Concert" 7/10

Bob's just better than Nirvana

Maybe if Kurt didn't kill himself he'd make more masterpieces like In Utero. But we'll never know.
>>
>>63016711

>Nevermind 7/10
>In Utero 9/10

You're trying too hard.
>>
>>63015236

W H O

H

O
>>
>>63014099
I choose Nirvana and I don't even like them mainly due to the pretentious ignorance of the fans who think Nirvana is underground garage band music that killed off corporate rock. Also anyone that believes Cobain's one of the greatest guitarists automatically go on my full-of-shit list. As far as their actual music goes, I'd honestly say they're an above average pop rock band. Favorite song: "Heart Shaped Box"

Bob Dylan may write great songs but he sure as shit can't perform them, he's so goddamn annoying to me and when he starts on the goddamn harmonica it drives me crazy.

I swear Bob Dylan had to have been a joke between producers that got big like he's the Steven Segall of singer/songwriters.

If you reply with a name of a song I've never heard from either artist I will listen to it but I don't expect my opinion to change.
>>
>>63017468
>Bob Dylan had to have been a joke between producers that got big like he's the Steven Segall of singer/songwriters.

what do you mean?

>anyone that believes Cobain's one of the greatest guitarists automatically go on my full-of-shit list

who are some guitarists you like?

Cobain was mostly known for his "raw", aggressive, dissonant, feedback, punk style guitar
>>
>>63014099
Well, I can tell you which one I heard in Wal-Mart yesterday.
>>
>>63015236
>Crosley
>>
>>63017544
There's a Hollywood rumor that Steven Segall's whole career is based on a bet between producers that anyone can become an action star if they're put in the starring role of a big budget action movie.

I hear Bob Dylan and I just wonder how anyone could possibly enjoy listening to it. His voice sounds like a joke and his harmonica is screeching. Is it really surprising the best versions of his songs don't even feature him playing? I enjoy the lyrics to a couple of his songs (Watchtower especially) so I hate the singer but can appreciate the songwriter.
>>
Are you seriously gonna fucking compare Blonde on Blonde to Nevermind?
>>
Bob Dylan was a lot more than a singer of protest songs. While that's how he started, he soon revealed a lyrical and musical talent that were far more developed than in any other folk-singer of his or any previous generation.
Bob Dylan was the single most influential musician of the 1960s. He started the fire. He turned music into a form of mass communication. He galvanized a generation through folk songs that became anthems. Then he embraced rock music and re-defined it as a genre of metaphysical, free-form compositions. Then he turned his back to rock music and delved into country-rock. The entire world of rock music followed his every step. When Dylan went electric, everybody went electric. When Dylan went country, everybody did. His legacy is monumental. Blowin' In The Wind (published in may 1962 but released on record only in 1963) created the epitome of the finger-pointing protest song. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall (1962) coined a new kind of folk ballad, which was prophetic, visionary and apocalyptic, in the vein of poets such as William Blake. Mr Tambourine Man (1965) opened the season of psychedelic music. The album Highway 61 Revisited (1965), after his conversion to electric instruments, contained Like A Rolling Stone, a somber six-minute portrait of a friend (a personal epic, not a generational one) and Desolation Row, a Dante-esque parade of tragicomic humanity, a metaphysical labyrinth of hidden meaning and universal mythology. Blonde On Blonde (1966), the first double-LP album ever, remains one of rock's all-time masterpieces: two lengthy, rambling, free-form, organ-driven elegies, Visions Of Johanna and Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands, and a bunch of arcanely haunting melodies (I Want You, Absolutely Sweet Marie, One Of Us Must Know) completely changed the landscape of rock music.
>>
Seattle became a gold mine with Nirvana, formed by vocalist/guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist "Chris" Novoselic. They, too, played hard-rock, but they also injected abnormal doses of emotion into it and had a melodic flair that the others lacked. Bleach (1989) was both rudimentary, savage and fragile. Nevermind (1991), featuring new drummer Dave Grohl (ex-Scream), increased the melodic factor, and found an even more unlikely balance between pathos and disgust, tenderness and rage, melancholy and rebellion. If Nevermind had been the manifesto of an age, the brutal In Utero (1993) was Cobain's personal odyssey. Sounding like Neil Young's timid alter ego, they embodied the mood of their generation (the "teen spirit"). Their sound became the soundtrack of a generation's nervous breakdown. And more so when Cobain took his life in 1994.
>>
Bob Dylan , 4/10
Freewheelin' , 5/10
Times They Are A-Changin' , 4.5/10
Another Side , 6/10
Bringing It All Back Home , 6/10
Highway 61 Revisited , 8/10
Blonde On Blonde , 9/10
Basement Tapes , 7/10
John Wesley Harding , 7/10
Nashville Skyline, 4/10
Self Portrait, 4/10
New Morning, 4/10
Planet Waves , 5/10
Blood On The Tracks , 6.5/10
Desire , 7/10
Street Legal , 6.5/10
Slow Train Coming , 5/10
Saved , 3/10
Shot Of Love , 4/10
Infidels , 6/10
Empire Burlesque , 6.5/10
Knocked Out Loaded , 5/10
Down in the Groove , 4/10
Oh Mercy , 7/10
Traveling Wilburys: Volume One, 5/10
Traveling Wilburys: Volume Three , 5/10
Under The Red Sky , 4/10
Good As I Been To You , 4/10
World Gone Wrong , 4/10
Time Out Of Mind , 6.5/10
Love And Theft , 5.5/10
Modern Times (2006), 6/10
Together Through Life (2009), 4/10
Tempest (2012), 5/10
>>
>>63014938
probably bait, but griots invented the first form of "hip hop" some centuries ago buddy
>>
>>63017734
Analogy would fit if Dylan wasn't writing his own material.
>>
Bleach, 6.5/10
Nevermind , 7/10
In Utero , 7/10
>>
Blonde on Blonde = top 10 albums of all time
Nevermind = top 10 most influential albums of all time; top 808 best albums of all time
>>
>>63017544
And some of my favorite guitarists that I'll probably get shit on for loving.

Alex Lifeson
James Hetfield
Dave Mustaine
Randy Rhodes
David Gilmour
Michael Amott
Dimebag Darrell
Zakk Wylde (especially his work with Ozzy)
Brian May
Joe Satriani
Jerry Cantrell
Paul Gilbert
Jimmy Page
>>
>>63017831
Steven Seagal : Bob Dylan
Akido Skills : Songwriting Talent
Above the Law : Civil Rights Protests
His ability to sing and play guitar : His ability to sing and play guitar
Acting skills : Harmonica skills
>>
>>63018160
they seem to be a lot of shredders. rhodes, lifeson, wylde, gilbert, dimebag, satriani, etc.

extremely technical precise guitarists.

"punk rock" isn't known for its musicianship
>>
>>63015236
Have fun with your Crosley. Kek
>>
>>63018160
You are me. Apart from zakk wilde
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.