[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is he still relevant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: tyler-the-creator.jpg (86 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
tyler-the-creator.jpg
86 KB, 620x400
is he still relevant?
>>
not really but I just listened to Father's Who's Gonna Get Fucked First album and thought it sounded a lot like a Tyler project

what he did in 2010 is influencing hip hop now but whatever he did last year is shit
>>
>>63003603
Get the fuck outta here, Father is way different sounding from Tyler the faggot
>>
>>63003421
He's super old now. Like almost thirty or something
>>
completely irrelevant
>>
>>63005090
Fuck off

Tyler is Better than Father.

Father comes across to me as a Yung Lean biter why tries to use the shock value of Odd Future, expect with none of the honesty.
>>
>>63005203
holy shit you're dumb as hell
>>
>>63005114
>>
Tyler is way better than Kanye. Kanye is a hack when it comes to music.

>always uses samples
>shitty autotune
>can't make an original beat to save his life
>poor flow when assessing his rapping
>>
when was he ever relevant outside of 2009-2010 /mu/?
>>
>>63005203
Explain how Father tries to use shock value? As I recall Tyler did that eating the cockroach skit and some other dumb shit. Fathers videos are all basically the same.
>>
>>63003603
>>63005090
>>63005203
>>63005268

guys guys cant we all just get along
>>
>>63005337
Yeah but father can't rap and his beats are shit, and his shock value seems 10x less genuine that that of odd future. Father's whole brand is built off of shock value while OF's was just an element, Tyler can rap father can't he recycles flow and lyrics about fucking.
>>
File: Kendrick.jpg (292 KB, 800x990) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick.jpg
292 KB, 800x990
How can you take Tyler seriously when we have Kendrick? The only people who listen to his music are white indie kids from Brooklyn. G E T - O U T !
>>
>>63005489
knee grow here
Tyler's production is exceptional. He'd be a good R&B/jazz producer if he did it solely.
>>
>>63005608
his composition is good, his actual production is muddy and pretty bad
>>
File: gimme a hug man.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gimme a hug man.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>63005694
>composition
>production
What's the difference? I don't know these big words.
>>
File: 1454001403434.jpg (10 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
1454001403434.jpg
10 KB, 240x280
>>63005304
>>
>>63005822
Kanye's shit and you have no points that refute that.
>>
>>63005304
B8
>>
still no
>>
File: tyler_1304963838.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tyler_1304963838.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>63005446
>Father's whole brand is built off of shock value while OF's was just an element.
How the fuck is rapping about Nokia flip phones shocking, when tyler the faggot does that cockroach skit and uses blasphemy? Doesnt he also do the whole upside down cross thing?

>Shock value was just an element
Fuck outta here with that bullshit you edgy 12 year old skating atheist faggot.

You're fucking stupid you didn't answer my question and just repeated yourself.
>>
Honestly, he should focus more on developing instrumentals. As a rapper he's boring, if he wants he can hire other rappers and singers to do vocals on his albums.
>>
>>63005799
hes saying that the notes tyler made are cool but the sounds of the notes are shit
>>
>>63006313
>How the fuck is rapping about Nokia flip phones shocking
Literally father's whole brand is built off of this sexually charged pusdo-edgy bullshit. His album is literally called "who's going to get fucked fist"

Tyler does have shock value but his ENTIRE brand isn't built off of shock value, 90% of what father raps about pussy, which i don't have a problem with but he does it in a way that just comes across as cheesy and boring.

Also notice how all the examples you're pulling are from tyler's old shit, notice how tyler did that shit once as a joke, he even says it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW21Wotbej8 but it just happened to really catch on. But he stopped that shit before it got cheesy and played out.

All father raps about is pussy and pusdo-edgy bullshit and songs like Young Hot Ebony, Vamp are examples of that. Expect he doesn't have any talent he's completely mediocre, he has that bullshit young lean flow.

Father constantly raping about pussy and sex is no different that what tyler did, but at least tyler can pull that shit. Everything Father does seems like a parody or a joke I'm not quite in on.

Like come on look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qda9JkVRMA it belongs in the cringe thread it's so cheesy and boring. "everyone in the club get shot" really nigga? Shut up you're not funny.
>>
>>63005114
Dude is only 24 soon to be 25
>>
eh he kinda is he kinda isn't
>>
>>63006828
Blasphemy is way edgier then rapping about sex. A lot of popular music is about sex, none about anti religion. Tyler is just edgy in general, when asked why he writes lyrics the way he does he answered, to piss off old white people like you, and then burst out laughing. If that isnt edgy I dont know what is. Thats something that would appeal to the general 12 year old audience.
>>
>>63006859
That's pretty old.
>>
>>63005114
You know who's old as fuck and is still relevant?
Grimes
She's gonna be 28 in a few days
>>
>>63006828

damn that was pretty bad. I'm not a huge fan of Tyler's work but I at least understand what his goal for his music is.
>>
>>63008077
Like I said you're judging him of his past actions. He even admitted himself that old shit was cheesy so why do you keep bringing it up like that's how tyler acts now?
>>
He has a very committed fanbase right now and he seems to be doing his own thing. Is he relevant to music as a whole? Not really, but he's not as bad as people say.
>>
>>63008955
His old actions built him up, doesnt matter if hes changed now, his past work like, fucking a pregnant bitch and calling it a threesome built him up.
>>
>>63010040
sticking my head in here: that's a great line though, come on
>>
>>63005203
>>63005304
>>63005446
>>63006828
>>63008955
>defends tyler the creator
>calls father edgy
>very obviously knows nothing about hip-hop

you will never be taken seriously. i bet you've posted "rap god" by eminem to your facebook profile.
>>
>>63005799
>Will you make me a sandwich?
>>
>>63006828
>sex is edgy
>pusdo
>tyler the creator is good
>pusdo again
>constantly raping
>the cringe thread

Factually speaking, you're an idiot.
>>
>>63008277
>grimes

is not, has not, and never will be relevant.

you plus forty other dudes on 4chan jerking off to pictures of someone's face doesn't make them relevant.
>>
>>63005288
>>63005114
>thinking age matters

you know 2Chainz didnt blow up until he was like 40 right?
>>
>>63005322
OF were the most influencing hip hop act of the decade so far
>>
>>63005304
this is true
>>
>>63003421
no he keeps on trying to sound like a neptunes clone
>>
>>63003421
>is he still relevant

Tyler has never been relevant. The only thing he did is make music more accessible to people who are trash, which is bad for the entire industry. You now see Lean, Keith Ape and other bullshit like that. They would've never existed if Tyler/OF didn't exist. OF's whole 'edgy' and 'trashy' vibe is really obnoxious, and the only thing they've proven is that talentless pieces of shit can ACTUALLY make a living of something that barely requires talent. The only good thing about OF is Earl - pretty good lyricist in my opinion. Syd(?) is also neat, but more mediocre. The era of making money with bullshit has come, and they're only making it worse.
>>
File: Hounds_of_Barter_6.jpg (216 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Hounds_of_Barter_6.jpg
216 KB, 900x900
>>63010443

Boy if you expect to be taken seriously within the realm of hip hop you better stop posting dumbshit like that.

I hope your cancer doesnt spread.
>>
>>63012019
no
>>
>>63012230

>thinking tyler was the reason behind yung lean shitty raps
>Not Lil B

I came here to say your wrong.

What OF really introduced was the beginning of the "collective" unit in hip hop now. it started with YMG and GOOD music but OF really took over the wave back in 09 -10 (Frank Ocean, The Internet, Jet Age Of Tomorrow, Mellowhype) and then you got the ASAP, TDE, PRO ERA shit pop up as a direct cause of that. If anything they brought better acts to the fold as a result, and hip-hop as a whole is becoming better for it.

Lil B popped up way before Tyler with the Pack and was always just a meme rapper. At first he was a Bangz/ 50 Tyson like, niggas always just laughed at his ass and never took him seriously but white people gravitated to him for some reason and elevated him into kardashian tier levels.

People on this board dont know shit. Ugh
>>
>>63005489
Are you talking about Tyler or Kendrick?
>>
>>63012311
Show me one rapper that has more epigones than Earl right now. Show me one relatively new and successful hip hop artist/group thar weren't influenced by or related to OF.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.