[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't even like yung meme but i mean shit how do you miss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: melon.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
melon.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
i don't even like yung meme but i mean shit how do you miss the point of an album so badly?
>>
If your albums is meant to be purposely bad just for laughs, it's still bad.
>>
File: bumps in the whip over the sea.jpg (17 KB, 320x322) Image search: [Google]
bumps in the whip over the sea.jpg
17 KB, 320x322
>>63002945
but shit bumps in the whip tbqhwy familia
>>
It's junk
>>
>>63002902
Call me an unsophisticated nigger but, I find this easier to listen to then some indie rock songs.
>>
Lmao yung lean thinks he's a real rapper now FOH
>>
Where can I listen to this album without paying money?
>>
>>63004317
Spotify
>>
>>63002945
its not bad just for laughs. its bad to critique white millenials relationship with black culture through social media and music. and bring up important ideas of cultural appropriation.

dont get me wrong he does it in the corniest base level way but its not "bad music just for laughs"
>>
>>63002902
'miss the point of an album'
what do you mean by this
>>
>>63004317
the same places you can hear just about any music for free.... google/ slsk/ music streaming sitesetc....
>>
>>63004355
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63004385
Why do you like slsk? i haven't tried it yet, how big is the community/database?
>>
Still a better album than TLOP, though Anthony has always had a shit taste in Hip Hop so wouldn't expect him to understand that.
>>
>>63004501
if you listen to mainstream shit like yung lean you will never not be able to find stuff you want
>>
>>63004639
Count me in then. It seems impossible to filter out the mainstream though, it will just be replaced with another mainstream.
>>
>>63004561
>Still a better album than TLOP,
Ha ha ha
>>
>>63003953
Most indie rock songs are shit so don't be ashamed.
>>
>>63002902
I like it, but I can see how someone in their late 20s or 30s wouldn't be able to relate to it. I think it comes down to demographic in the end.
>>
File: cover.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>>63002945
Yung lean isn't a meme anymore. He's very obviously trying to stray away from those days. Take a look at his lyrics now compared the beginning of his rap career. I honestly think Fantano just listens to YL's albums with a negative view going in. I think he does have a solid point on Bladee's verse. It sounded weird, and the unreleased version was better. Lean's vocals were good in my opinion except on few select songs. Loved: Afghanistan, Shawty U Know What It Do, and Stay down. Disliked: Hocus Pocus and AF1s. All the other songs were 7/10.
>>
honestly WArlord is my AOTY for the moment. i find it moving despite many silly elements. it's amazing
>>
>>63004317
it's on youtube you dingus
>>
File: 1440606040589.png (124 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1440606040589.png
124 KB, 262x288
Antoine has been a weird animal lately.

Personally, I've never met a cool vegan before. Every vegan I've ever met has been has been an attention-whoring, judgemental prick constantly riding his high horse, but Fantoine seemed like a fresh breeze of air since he wasn't preaching.

Now he put up a video mocking meat-eaters, complete with slaughterhouse footage. Only a couple of months ago, he warned everybody about demagogues.

Way to go, Melon.
>>
>>63008147
damn. o do recommend you meet more people though. met some cool vegans before. but yeah anthony has his own thing and he's definitely been odd lately
>>
>>63004355
not only is what you said completely retarded, but do you actually think that that is the intent of his music? surely this is bait, surely...
>>
>>63008147
this

anthony also doesnt respond to people much on twitter anymore unless they make a shitty squat meme with him in it. he's just so fucking egotistical now
>>
>>63002902
Haven't even watched the review, or listened to the album, but subtext flying over Anthony's head is not new.
>>
>>63006659
bladee amd ecco2k or gtfo desu
>>
If it ain't kendrick or death grips, fantano ain't going higher than a 6
>>
>>63002902
>shit how do you miss the point of an album so badly?
what was the point? his first two were a joke and actually about dope shit. His second album was braggadocio. idk what this one was about tho.
>>
>>63002902
>How dare someone have an opinion on something that doesn't match mine
>>
>>63008147
He also unironically says animal slaughter is a legitimate issue on his twitter.
>>
>>63011135

This. He takes everything he reviews completely at surface level and ignores all but the most obvious elements of concept or theme that might be really important to an album. This is really apparent in his Kanye reviews, and his confused jumping between "black metal artists are racist so they get lower scores" and "SJWs trying to limit freedom of speech is ruining music" rants.
>>
>>63002902
r8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr1fadJNLRA
>>
File: 1440471104123.gif (1016 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1440471104123.gif
1016 KB, 500x368
>>63012285
>>63011627
>>63008147

He says whatever he has to to maintain his two-sided fanbase composed of Tumblr and 4chan. It's becoming more apparent and is costing him fans from both sides of the fence.
>>
different music has different purposes. hes judging music off of an active listening experience. some music is good for just background noise while you do shit. some is for going to festivals live and jumping up and down. some is to bob your head up and down to the beat or listen to some sick lyrics and shit.

warlord is just for a mood, background listening stuff while youre driving or hanging out with friends or whatever.
>>
>>63012363

"bro sometimes it's okay to listen to awful music because you're not listening to it"

"bro just listen to it high"

"bro"

fuck off
>>
>>63012399
youre really dumb. theres more than one kind of music, just like theres different kinds of food. fast food or steak? home made cooking or professional studio major label quality grammy material. shutup idiot.
>>
>>63006659
hocus pocus is the most interesting thing anyone has done with rap since yeezus. second best track on the album
>>
>>63002902
Anyone find his scoring system to be dumb? What the fuck does a 'Decent 3' even mean?

Is it a 3 or not? The word decent has no meaning here
>>
>>63012513
Not the version on the album. It simply sounded amature and put together last second, which I know it wasn't.
>>
>>63012294
>Menno Boomin wan' some more, nigga
>>
>>63008147
>giving a fuck about him being vegan
>being a conspiracy theorist

lmao you guys are retarded, he's been pushing vegan shit for a long time, because he's a fucking vegan. Go fuck yourself if you're such a pussy that him calling you out for eating animals is enough for you to dismiss him completely.

>Nigga Just Close Your Eyes.jpeg
>>
File: btfo.jpg (31 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
31 KB, 250x251
>>63004355
>Yung Lean fans
>>
tfw he'll never do anything like kyoto again
>>
>>63002902
>I don't even like yung lean but I started a thread to complain about a low score he got

okay OP
>>
I forget that Yung Lean is a thing.
>>
He officially said that the new Macklemore album is as good as or better than TLOP and MBDTF. That really says all you need to know about the dude
>>
2bh it's way better than TLOP
>>
>>63015220
He admitted to a /mu/tant that MBDTF was a 9
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.