[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder this is a masterpiece that needs to be heard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: GOAT.jpg (307 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
307 KB, 1024x1024
Reminder this is a masterpiece that needs to be heard.
>>
I never took p4k too seriously but I'm pretty damn upset about how they killed the impact this album should have had. Literally the first 4th wave post rock act.
>>
It's not good after Where No Eagles Fly.
>>
File: Human-Sadness-608x608.jpg (96 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
Human-Sadness-608x608.jpg
96 KB, 608x608
Human Sadness is GOAT
>>
>>62985507
Father Electricity is my second favorite track
>>
i kind of liked moments of it. some of the vocals reminded me of some of cedric bixler's zavalaz hernadez guggenheimer's vocals from TMv.
>>
>>62985507
>not liking dare I care
pleb detected
>>
fuck I'm so glad you made this thread

I seriously don't think a better rock song than Human Sadness has been made this decade.
>>
>>62985507
Xerox is great nigga the fuck you talkin bout
>>
>>62985687
It's the only contender for Starless for best rock song at this point.
(Maybe Heroin)
>>
File: 1428962503661.jpg (53 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1428962503661.jpg
53 KB, 600x900
>>62985522
>"AAHHHHH, IT'S ALL MY FAULT" *screeech*
>>
>The guitars in Johan Von Bronx
ughhhhhh I love this album
>>
>>62985717
I came back to say that Xerox is pretty dope actually but that's it
>>62985610
I like the way it ends
>>
I've been spamming threads to make this /mu/core, how do we make this /mu/core?

Also nintendo blood is mvp
>>
>>62985833
make it a meme
>>
>>62985833
people have been spamming threads on and off since it was born

if I've learned anything from long season, it takes several sequences of being in and out of meme season for an album to finally find its place

so persistence is p much the only surefire way unless you're creative enough to come up with a "mama mia" esque joke to go with it

god I've been in this place for too long
>>
>>62985963
But would you say you keep coming back because you love music?
>>
>>62985963
>>62985950

I think it's problem is everyone here agrees that it's great, /mu/core usually has arguments over, but you make a tyranny thread and a couple people reply agreeing then it dies.

Maybe a couple of us have to "hate" the album, half make threads saying it's great and half make threads asking what julian was thinking etc.
>>
>>62986157
That's the stupidest fucking theory I've ever heard
>>
>>62986157
But most of /mu/ likes Spiderland, right?
>>
>>62986237
No I actually think he's right

Long Season didn't really catch on until people started making poop threads and saying it was weeaboo shit.

Its the same logic behind why Kanye (I like him a lot but he's a great example) is forever a topic on this board.

>>62986067
Probably
desu the best discussions on music I've had irl have been with admitted /mu/tants
>>
I've been a fan of Julian since I saw "last night" on MTV back in 2001... I enjoyed his solo stuff and even Albert and Nikolai's solo stuff.. but this album sounded horrible to me. Maybe I need to go back and listen to it some more.
>>
>>62986504
how does one like kanye west..and Julian Casablancas at the same time???
>>
>>62985444
This album was fucking awesome. No shitty P4K review and this project would have blown up.

Most original rock album of 2014.
>>
>>62987604
They're both bretty gud desu
>>
reminder that his career will be over soon thanks to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Cy_N7t490
>>
>>62987713
No one will ever see this.

The Strokes are working on a new album.

you're invalid
>>
>>62987713
I don't think it's bad enough to "ruin his career"

it is bad tho
>>
>>62987818
He's going to boy/girl The Strokes, how does that make you feel?
>>
>>62985833
Just keep trying and it'll get there eventually
>>
This album is a perfect fucking mess. Absolutely none of it should work but it hits so hard.
>>
>>62987961
perfect fucking mess might be the best way I can think to describe this album
>>
>>62986157
>>62986504
Tbch I think you guys are mixing up cause and correlation. I think albums that are more popular are just statistically more likely to have people shitting on them.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.