[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm planning on listening to this whole chart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: mucore.jpg (3 MB, 1781x4325) Image search: [Google]
mucore.jpg
3 MB, 1781x4325
can you recommend me where to start?
>>
don't. There's a million better ways to spend your time.
>>
>>62984143
don't listen to this guy, he justs wants you to listen to shitty drone albums, just start at the top and go down OP
>>
Rain dogs nigga
>>
>>62984198
i think i'll just start with remain in light or MPP, i don't feel like listening to ITAOTS right now
>>
>>62984125

Good. As much as people shitpost about /mu/core being shit, it's a good way to get into a lot of artists.

Make sure to mark down the ones you really liked so you can explore related artists and their discography in depth.
>>
Why is Snowing P4k-core? They've never even reviewed them
>>
>>62984246

It used to be called sub-/mu/core, but people renamed it P4K-core as a joke because P4K reviewed all the original albums highly. The "albums commonly discussed but not super prevalent" category has remained under that title ever since, even if it doesn't make much sense now.
>>
File: 1434944376345.jpg (170 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1434944376345.jpg
170 KB, 960x960
>>62984125
all of them at the same time
>>
>>62984198
>>62984234
thank you, my brothers
i'm listening to remain in light right now and i'm liking it so far
>>
>>62984125

Don't listen to EN, This Heat, Comus, Exuma, Can, Popol Vuh, or Coil. They're poseurcore.
>>
File: mucoreopinions.jpg (3 MB, 1781x4325) Image search: [Google]
mucoreopinions.jpg
3 MB, 1781x4325
my personal opinions, it's not like they're objectively correct but maybe they'll help you

and anything I didn't rate means I haven't listened enough times to get a real rating down
>>
>>62984509
please forgive my ignorance, but what does EN stand for?
>>62985000
thank you for your recs, definitely looking forward to listening to them
and nice trips
>>
>>62984125

Where's rock? How come there's metal not rock
>>
>>62985000
Your a happy person right?
>>
just finished with remain in light, it's a nice album, i liked the joy division vibe on the overload. i probably will listen to this again
>>
>>62985159

Einstürzende Neubauten

Don't listen to him, by the way. Those are all great artists that have been on the receiving end of forced tripfag memes.
>>
>>62985000
You missed like all the best ones
>>
>>62984125

Holy shit how long is this supposed to take? A year? Two? That's like 100 albums, music isn't supposed to be some disposable thing you can do whenever

It's supposed to be a nice experience, what the fuck /mu/ you guys are weird
>>
>>62984125
Here's how I'm doing it
Go in order for /mu/core
For P4K-core and Classics, go column by column because there's a few sections where it's the same artist in the row (beginning of P4K-core is three Radiohead albums for example). When you hit the genre specific sections, rotate between all four so that it's not a month of hip-hop follow by a month of electronics etc, etc...
>>
listen to pet sounds and spiderland
>>
>>62984416
A couple of noob recs for RiL: Crazy Rhythms by the Feelies & the collab album Eno and Byrne made at the same time as RiL called My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.

TH's first live album is the best introduction to their first few albums and also really, really fun to listen to.

DEVO's first album and Discipline are /mu/core but they're also good and similar enough to TH
>>
>>62985460
one month max
>>
>>62985460
I've been going through like 4 a day
>>
>>62985000
Listen to violent femmes
>>
>>62985460
I imagine most of the people here just have way too much free time on their hands and this is how they spend it
>>
>>62985159
No problem dude, I would hold off on Trout Mask Replica for a while, but other than that just finish every /mu/core album and then start pitchfork-core as those are generally the most accessible ones

>>62985233
Generally, I'm sure that I would enjoy a couple of these even more if I wasn't (Deathconsciousness, Pinkerton, The Downward Spiral, Giles Corey)

>>62985413
I accidentally skipped a ton of stuff I've listened to like all the albums in the row with the incredible Bob Dylan albums, I was just skimming by quickly

>>62985657
I haven't listened to anything other than s/t which was a few years ago, barely remember it at all. Will give it a shot soon, thanks bro.
>>
>>62984125
classics

or just listen to this chart instead
>>
>>62985635

Where do you get your music?
>>
>>62986352
Mostly Youtube, my Uni blocks torrenting and I never bothered getting Spotify
>>
>>62986386

I don't know if I have 4 hours a day to listen to music

I could do maybe like 2 if i make time
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.