[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the Toby Fox of music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21 KB, 1280x720
Who's the Toby Fox of music?
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
Toby Fox. He composed his own music, after all.

Closest thing to him, though, would really be Koji Kondo.
>>
>>62970826
This. It seems like a really open close thread.

Disagree with the Koji Kondo comment though. I think his stuff sounds more Final Fantasy-ish.
>>
Mac DeMarco

Think about it. Seemed like a fun cool thing for a while until it got a strong fanbase going now a lot of people want to see it go away
>>
>>62970787
Litterally toby fox you absolute skrub lord
[spoiler]but really it's yung lean[/spoiler]
>>
>>62970929
People who allow a fanbase to dictate how they feel about something are disgusting
>>
>>62970929
Correct answer.

[spoiler]I love both[/spoiler]
>>
>>62970929
>>62972279
except he makes bland predictable music
>>
>>62970826
No. The closest thing to him would be whoever composed Earthbound music.
>>
>>62971229
>>62972279
why would a music board allow spoilers, you crossboarding retards?
>>
>>62971315
when a fanbase is this vocal, pervasive, and frankly annoying, it can be very hard to isolate the product from the byproduct. it personally doesn't affect my perception of it, but if your first experience with the series is all this annoying shit, it would make it very hard to give undertale a proper chance. the hardcore autistic scare off the sane people, leaving all discussions a baren wasteland somewhere between tumblr and a special ed class.
>>
>>62972997
nah you're objectively a faggot if that affects your own opinions
>>
>>62970787
Jeff Mangum obviously
>>
>>62973024
>it personally doesn't affect my perception of it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3XjVVNagU

best Undertale song desu
>>
Is this game actually good? Everything I saw from it seemed like meme shit that misunderstood what was good about Earthbound.
>>
>>62973120
I don't care. I'm referring to those people.
>>
>>62973173
it sucks as a game but you should play it for the writing and music, the game caught me off guard with how funny it is, then again i have a terrible sense of humor.
>>
>>62973173
Horrible, HORRIBLE fanbase, decent game.

Its a fun little game with a kickass soundtrack. If you wanna waste like 6 hours and have 10 dollars I would get it. Just ignore /v/ and anything involving the fanbase unless you want some next level shit to help you kill youself
>>
>>62973136
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9BfLVbnI8
no!
>>
>>62973290
battles fight are pretty cool ! it doesn't sucks at ll
>>
Husker Du
>>
>>62973381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPpWTEanrY

You'll dig this
>>
>>62972393
Wasn't that Koji? That's why I named him.
>>
>>62973173
Personally, I think it gets really good at the genocide arc, but unfortunately you basically have to play the pacifist ending before you do that, which was kind of a trudge.
>>
>>62973594
>it gets really good when you fight that guy

yeah no
>>
>>62973594
>doing a genocide run
>ever
I couldn't ever do that. I accidentally killed the dummy and Toriel and I almost bawled my eyes out until Sans came along.
>>
What a fucking awful copy of Earthbound
>>
File: Undertale Gang 11.png (917 KB, 1130x1400) Image search: [Google]
Undertale Gang 11.png
917 KB, 1130x1400
>>62973173
It's a game you have to play at least once just for the experience.
>>
Jim Brown
>>
me
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
>>62970826
No, don't insult koji like that.
>>62973501
It was Suzuki and Tanaka and EB sounds nothing like UT, Mother 3 sounded more similar but Sakai is worlds more talented than Fox.
>>
>>62970787
Car seat headrest/will toledo imo, if anyone wants a serious answer.
>>
>>62973173
The gameplay is alright, the characters are better than most indies but it's apparent that Fox is no Shigesato Itoi, one of the final bosses is almost a carbon copy of the earthbound final boss, another one is very forgettable, and the genocide one is alright. It's very angst and tries to expedite earthbound's style semi successfully. Play it but play the mother trilogy first.
>>
dunno much about the game, but the music is garbage /v/ tier stuff. Considering toby fox composed it all, I think he'd be the musical equivalent of the touhou guy or homestuck.
>>
>>62976187
Why, because they're both gay/furries?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.