[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>genre is "dark" something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: GOd9PCN.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
GOd9PCN.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>genre is "dark" something
>>
what's wrong with that you fat fuck
>>
Genres don't exist
>>
whom are you quoting
>>
offhand I actually cant even think of anything
>>
why do /mu/ faggots think they're sophisticated for listening to fucking whitehouse and merzbow and other edgy shit like that?
do they not realize that all that shit is seen as sophomoric garbage in actual art music circles?
>>
>>62966284
>Dark Folk
>Dark Jazz
>Dark Ambient
>Darkwave
>Dark Cabaret

lel
>>
>>62966294

>art music circles

*funny hat meme*
>>
>>62966299
yeah I've seriously never even heard of any of those although Darkwave was on the tip of my tongue but I have no idea what that is or if I'm just thinking of super mario bros shit like Treewave
>>
>>62966294
>actual art

the bands exist to piss people exactly like you off, and I'm glad of it, however boring their music might be (whitehouse is ok actually)
>>
>>62966294
Who made fun of your taste, anon?
You've been spamming your 'meme' for more than a week now, your butthurt levels should have lowered by now
>>
>>62966321
they don't piss me off though
they don't piss anyone off, they just get shrugged off and disregarded
>>
>>62966330
what meme? i've not participated in that posercore shit, i'm just observing it from a distance and laughing

answer me though, do you not realize that all that shit is seen as sophomoric garbage in actual art music circles?
>>
>>62966358
you keep using the word sophormoric as a derogatory

it's not even particularly derogatory, at most what it does is imply a kind of naivety about music but that would be to rest upon generalisations about debut efforts which are blatantly inaccurate

I'm not going to tell you to get a better vocabulary outright, I'm just pointing out that your current go-to buzzword isn't exactly hitting the marks I think you feel it is hitting
>>
>>62966358
Dude, everyone can see your mouth bubbling in anger
You don't sound like an elitist, you sound like a crybaby
And this 'meme' will stop as soon as you get tired of posting, because no one else cares about it
You want to know what is talked about in 'art circles'? We make fun of people like you, who go in internet forums full of underage kids and try to 'educate' them
How was your first semester in music school, anon? Your teacher sure opened your mind, right?
>>
>>62966371
sophomoric is a word regularly used as a descriptor of juvenile, idiotic and unsophisticated art, which is what the likes of whitehouse and merzbow are perceived as in avantgarde music-related academia

they aren't perceived as significant or groundbreaking or as the mark of good taste like so many of you goons seem to think
>>
>>62966381
oh shut up, cretin
>>
>>62966388
"idiotic", "juvenile" and "unsophisticated" are no better, and these are all connotations, not the semantic meaning of the word sophomoric

for someone who talks a lot about "music-related academia" and "art-music circles" you have a very limited vocabulary when it comes to the deconstruction of why you think certain music is bad
>>
>>62966398
Oh hoho, I think I hit a nerve there
How about you make a new thread with a smug reaction picture to vent, anon? It seems to be your kind of thing
>>
>>62966314
>never heard of dark ambient
>>
>>62966413
eh yeah I guess its kind of familiar sounding but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with ambient in general so its not surprising for me.
>>
File: image.png (189 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189 KB, 450x472
>>62966294
>>62966338
>>62966358
>>62966388
>>62966398
god damn son you mad
>>
File: silly frog picture.png (116 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
silly frog picture.png
116 KB, 402x398
>>62966241
>genre is not defined by the composition's style of form, but rather an aesthetic or lyrical/subject matter
>>
>>62966447
what a silly frog picture.png
>>
Dark Ambient is great
>>
>>62966410
these are the exact right words to use in the context of something like merzbow or whitehouse
those artists and their ilk reside in a disreputable subcultural ghetto as far as their critical treatment goes, so what makes you think listening to them makes you any more interesting and educated than the average kanye west fan?

>>62966411
you are extremely daft
the fact that you're so smug about it just adds insult to injury
>>
>>62966464
but hey, what about that sophomoric garbage as seen by actual art music circles?
>>
>>62966471
what? you're losing it, mate
>>
>>62966457
the fuck did you say about my silly frog picture,.png?

>>62966478
right? just like that sophomoric garbage that actual art music circles hate
>>
>>62966464
>so what makes you think listening to them makes you any more interesting and educated than the average kanye west fan?
See, no one mentioned that
It's clear to everyone that someone, who likes those artists, made fun of you and you got really mad, to the point of spamming the board for days with your charts
You're not convincing anyone, dude, sorry if you were so affected by some /mu/tants smugness, but don't waste your time trying to win this fight you made up
Yeah, /mu/is full of 'elitists' who know nothing about nothing, but so what? You don't have to change them
Let it be, go apply your autism somewhere else
>>
>>62966489
now you're starting to sound butthurt, mate
it's okay, just stick your head out of your arse, realize that your attempts at coming off as superior to those common pop music-loving swine are misguided and poorly executed and try to do better next time
>>
>>62966497
>Avoiding argument via long philosophical post explaining the elitism of /mu/ users
in the trash
>>
>>62966513
You think that was a 'long philosophical post'? lol
I imagined that your friends in your art circles read longer and deeper stuff, but now I'm wondering if they are even real
>>
>>62966497
you've got some really fucking intense paranoid persecution complex if you think there's some guy out there with a proper agenda against those meanies who were just too smart and sophisticated for him and not just a bunch of shitposting and memes people have latched on to for laughs

as i've already said, i haven't engaged in that shitposting myself though i do think it's really funny and even has a grain of truth to it in regard to the attitudes it is mocking
believe me or not, fuck if i care
>>
>>62966508
but seriously, posting sophomoric garbage should a bannable offense

you're right anon, thank god i have my merzbow, I'm not like some pleb reddit who listens to KANYE WEST or SWANS!
>>
>>62966540
you're starting to embarrass yourself now mate, starting to sound like an underage kid trying to get a rise out of his mum
take a timeout, alright?
>>
>>62966528
My art circles would run philosophical rings around you and your doritos eating sonic the hedgehog playing chummies.
>>
screencapping for the next cringe thread
>>
>>62966552
Dude, everyone here sees you're 14, was called a pleb, and now wants to outsmug /mu/
You're not the first one, there's one like you every week here
It's a phase, it will pass
But like I advised before, go work on something else instead of arguing on 4chan
What do you want, anyway? You want people of /mu/ to be aware that their music is not as 'avant' as they think it is? I'd love that, honestly
It's not happening though
>>
>>62966569
please do, seeing these lads go from accusing me of butthurt to becoming plainly and thoroughly butthurt themselves is too funny
>>
>>62966552
Yeah, you're not actually addressing any argument, you're just trying to take a high road where there is none.
>>
>>62966581
>Dude, everyone here sees you're 14, was called a pleb, and now wants to outsmug /mu/

ahahaha, fuck me

"you're just not up to this whitehouse stuff yet, kid. come back when you get your big boy clothes."

are you hearing yourself, you goofy fucker? do you have this much unwarranted smugness in real life as well?
>>
>>62966608
don't call me goofy
>>
>>62966593
what argument is there to address
i made a factual claim regarding a couple of artists and their treatment when it comes to coverage in publications and media oriented towards avantgarde music and art in general

in response you goons have accused me of being underage, being on some sort of contrived campaign to irritate /mu/'s patrician community(of which i am sure you'd count yourself among its top members), being butthurt about the /mu/ patricians' intellectual superiority to me and a slew of other hilarious shit

get a grip, lad
>>
>>62966608
I think he was calling you 14 because you sound like a child, but y'know.
>>
>>62966433
Check out Apollo by Brian Eno
>>
Geners don exits
>>
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.