[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys this is the greatest shoegaze album of the decade why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: DEKETE THIS.jpg (31 KB, 585x585) Image search: [Google]
DEKETE THIS.jpg
31 KB, 585x585
guys this is the greatest shoegaze album of the decade why is no one talking about this
>>
pitchfork panned it
>>
Because it's not. It's shit.
>>
worst album art of the decade too. and if their band name is grandfathered that's the worst band name of all time.
>>
marcel panned it
>>
>>62956730
correction their band name is Pinkshinyultrablast and i stand by my statement
>>
File: diiv.jpg (1015 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
diiv.jpg
1015 KB, 1400x1400
Because this is the best shoegaze album of the decade.
>>
because it hasn't streamed yet. i'll let you know when i listen to it
>>
Pure Mood was 50x better
>>
>>62956706
>>62956782
get out
>>
File: cover.jpg (822 KB, 1315x1315) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
822 KB, 1315x1315
>>62956706
>the greatest shoegaze album of the decade
No
>>
>>62956730
>>62956753
>grandfathered
That's not even the album title lel
>>
it's getting shit reviews desu
>>
>>62956961
this
>>
>>62956719
so? pitchfork is shit

>>62956706
their first one was better and they aren't high profile like diiv.
>>
>>62956855
Kek, more like 52x better :^)
>>
Shit is boring as sin. Just like their debut.
>>
>>62956961
Most of the reviews are positive:
http://www.metacritic.com/music/grandfeathered/pinkshinyultrablast/critic-reviews
>>
shoegaze is dead and has been for 20 years
>>
>>62956730
what in the almighty mother of fuck is wrong with your eyes that is one of the greatest album arts of all time
>>
i liked it a lot better than their last actually. nothing beats zombies ep though
>>
>>62957145
Whirr - Distressor gave it one last hurrah
>>
>>62957145
Nah
>>
>>62956790
spotify
>>
>>62956719
>2016
>Still giving a fuck about p4k
Go back to tumblr
>>
File: a1.png (579 KB, 551x1086) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
579 KB, 551x1086
>>62957987
>tfw p4k are too corporate to hype up artists like this anymore
>>
>>62956706
>>62957153
jack stop it
>>
>>62956706
Because pitchfork panned it and for some reason "people" still drone whatever pitchfork tells them to

>>62956782
That's Krautrock senpai
>>
straight up shoegaze is beige as fuck

that's why Weed is the best "shoegaze" band
>>
I hung out with Lyubov, the vocalist, for a good half hour once. She's cool in the slightly awkward sense. A bit anxious too, but mostly cool.

Album's fair.
>>
>>62959096
Are you Russian?
>>
>>62956706
its nothign new.... shoegaze is such a dull stagnant style of music atm. this does nothign to standout.
>>
>>62960529
>atm
>>
>>62956706
I really enjoyed it, dunno that it's pinkshinyultrablast's best work but it's pretty solid.
>>
Lol no.

And "nobodys" talking about i because we did when it leaked weeks ago
>>
>>62960529
>I didn't listen to the record

Good to know. Go listen to Kiddy Pool Dreams and let us know if you still think that.

>>62956706
Seconded.
>>
>>62956706
because it got pushed back here until next week

oh shit its on spotify

ah fuck here we go
>>
Someone rec me the top 5 shoegaze albums

except for loveless souvlaki cuz i alreayd got em on my mp3 player
>>
>Glow Vastly
guys I'm seriously crying tears of joy
>>
holy fucking god dat end swing

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>62961768
IMO, top 5 classic shoegaze albums outside of those two are, in no particular order:

Ride - Going Blank Again
Ride - Nowhere
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Slowdive - Just for a Day
The Verve - A Storm in Heaven

Honorable mentions go to Lush - Spooky, The Verve - Verve EP, and Catherine Wheel - Ferment
>>
>>62962110
Isn't Anything is more noise pop/rock than shoegaze
>>
>>62956706
>I Catch You Napping
I'm seriously freaking the fuck out right now

I mean its not like I doubted they could do it but still
>>
Are we getting liner notes and lyrics this time?
>>
>>62961768
LSD & the Search For God - self-titled EP. Also, not technically shoegaze, but Spacemen 3 - Playing With Fire. M83's Dead Cities. The Radio Dept - Lesser Matters. Lilys - In The Presence Of Nothing.
>>
So apparently these guys are based in LA now...

US tour when?
>>
>>62962375
aw damn so they can't be my favorite russian band anymore I guess

oh well I'll try to get over it when I fucking see them LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
>>
>>62962110
Ride is terrible, senpai.
>>
>>62962476
K
>>
ok now I hate to ask but in the interest of objectivity

worst song?
>>
;_; I will never get to hear this for my first time again
>>
>>62961717

Yeah, the people saying shoegaze is dead are always the ones that don't actually listen to any new shoegaze and just keep calling Loveless the pinnacle of the genre in spite of having maybe heard like five albums ever. Turns out there's a lot of places left to take "dreamy, textural guitar-driven rock," almost as though such an open concept wasn't limiting at all.
>>
>>62962674
Title track.
>>
>>62962895
challenge accepted

I was leaning towards Molkky which I think says a whole lot about this album because its still a great song
>>
>>62956730
That's one of my favorite parts. It convinced me to pirate a copy of adobe Illustrator.
>>
>>62962853
The genre varies a lot. I listen to tons of shoegaze, and always am looking for new sounds. Plenty of good albums come yearly, and even then I'll admit that Loveless is special, and I haven't heard an album in its style that comes close to it. That's the thing though, shoegaze varies quite a bit, so comparing loveless to souvlaki, for example, this album, or any other basically just doesn't work.
>>
I liked it
>>
Just started listening. It's pretty great so far
>>
>>62963080
This is where we differ, as I believe Molkky has the strongest singing out of the album, and has a nice build.

Where as the s/t is rather anticlimactic for a closing track, which is disappointing when their previous album had a perfect closer.

But it's all cherry picking, as this album is amazing, and has grown on me quite well. I've been listening to it for 3 weeks now.
>>
>>62964637
>Molkky has the strongest singing out of the album
it does seem to have the clearest

pretty cool melody too

I'm really just singling it out because of that middle progression. A little too simple
>>
>>62964711
If there is one flaw to pick out, several other songs really struggle with bridges going on for too long. Kiddy Pool Dreams would be GOTY if the middle didn't drag on for so long.

As far as best tracks go, it's a split between Initial and I Catch You Napping for me. If PSUB we're to release an album that worked off of the production from Inital, I would be in heaven.

>That trip hop beat.
>>
>>62956706
But their last one was even better. I don't think I have ever been happier discovering a band in mu than them. They're better than any of the big 3 In shoegaze. Heavy guitars, yet catchy. T
>>
>everything else matters
excitement
>grandfeathered
relief
>>
>>62956706
Can anyone recommend me something else that sounds like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Va3_ofIN4

PLEASE and THANK YOU
>>
>>62964934
Try Duster or Spiritualized if you haven't already.
>>
shoegaze is a genre for people who don't understand songwriting
it wasn't even good when it was novel, and it sure ain't good now
>>
>>62960503
Canadian, mate. She's in LA now.
>>
>>62964819
>GOTY

/v/ detected.
>>
>>62961657
>And "nobodys" talking about i because we did when it leaked weeks ago

Ahaha this. I still have the megalink.
>>
>pinkshinyultrablast
oh wow, i remember listening to their ep years ago in high school and loving all 4 songs on it, frequently checking if they had released an album and such. it finally got released last year, but by then i had forgotten about them. ill still listen to this so thanjks for birnging it to my attention..
>>
>>62956706
Everything Else Matters was AOTY 2015 by far for me. Still don't know about Grandfeathered
>>
File: Smiling Disease.jpg (2 MB, 2094x2094) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Disease.jpg
2 MB, 2094x2094
>>62956706
Dude have you even heard pic related?
>>
>>62968156
viral marketer plz go
>>
>>62961768
Chapterhouse –Whirlpool
Lush –Split
Swirlies –Blonder Tongue Audio Baton
Kitchens of Distinction –Strange Free World
Galaxie 500 –On Fire
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.