[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metalcore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 620x400
What's /mu/'s general opinion on metalcore and genres it tends to be associated with?
>>
metalcore is bad
>>
I assume it was just a trend in the 2000's and nobody cares about it anymore like Nu Metal.
>>
>>62955712
>tfw your roommate listens to a day to remember and blessthefall and shit
I constantly wonder how this time traveling enigma exists
>>
>>62955686
How is metal music like an apple?

You're meant to throw away the core.
>>
>>62955686
ass
>>
I love metalcore, Converge, Botch, TDEP, the list goes on...
>>
>>62955712
You'd be surprised at its popularity. Even as someone who listens to it quite often I was surprised when I realized how large of an audience it has.
>>
>>62955790
is it possible for a black person to enjoy metalcore? It always struck me as a very white genre
>>
>>62955824
Well I do have a black father I've never met and I enjoy the genre... Does that count?
>>
>>62956071
are you my wife's son?
>>
>>62955686
we have btbam and protest the hero so metalcore can stop forever now
>>
Metalcore is probably the least-appreciated genre or rock
A lot of mental bands and albums, but people just ignore them when they're lumped next to Asking Alexandria and such
>>
>>62955686
It needs to be separated from /metal/
>>
>>62955686
Some metalcore is good; however, all deathcore is bad, and we don't talk about crunkcore.
>>
>>62955712
metalcore has been around since the early 90's. it didn't become shitty until the early 2000's.
>>
>>62955686
Mathcore is cool. I honestly don't think I have ever listened to a metalcore album that doesn't fit into that category, although I guess a lot of the heavier 2000s post-hardcore probably fits in a loose sense.
>>
>>62956221
It's definitely the most misunderstood. The modern perception of metalcore is pretty similar to what the uninformed thought emo was in the mid 2000's. Both genres with a fairly lengthy underground history that later got commercialized and turned to shit by the time they made it to the public.
>>
While the bulk of the genre is dogshit, there are plenty of bands that have taken its influence along other genres and made it into gold. It just depends on the artist, every genre has good and bad.

also this>>62956229
>>
>>62956071
no, because you were raised white
>>
Metalcore is great if you know what to look for. There're a lot of great -core bands out there. Even the cringe band are still awesome sometimes
>>
>>62957548
Same anon, check out .hopesfall. The Satellite Years is more post-hardcore but very atmospheric, and Magnetic North is more nu-metal. Both amazing -core albums though. No Wings to Speak Of is a great EP by them, its the favorite album of Jake Luhrs from August Burns Red, it inspired his vocals a lot. Definitely check it all.

Deathcore has so many gems too, half of the genre is cringecore and half is truly excellent.
>>
>the breakdown meme

Has more in common with post hardcore than actual metal. But for whatever reason, people want to lump in every single group they enjoy as a metal band.

The vocals are typically effeminate, angsty and nasally.
>>
Why do all deathcore bands sound the same? It's always chug chug chug with over-produced multi-layered vocals that sound stupid. I think Thy Art is Murder's first EP is the only exception
>>
>>62956229
death core's amazing eat a dick
>>
>metal anything

trash
>>
Metalcore= music for fags. Just saying
>>
File: 7897204226938.png (206 KB, 1233x957) Image search: [Google]
7897204226938.png
206 KB, 1233x957
>>62957886
>liking deathcore unironically

Most metalcore bands I've heard are so samey but there's some real talent if you look in the right places.
>>
The only I've ever liked was the girl scream, and then tremolo picking in this song.
https://youtu.be/9YkSki1qbLA

Sadly, I played in a metalcore band in high school. Soooo many open notes in drop C lol
>>
Metalcore can be really good if done right, however most of the genre has multiple bands that sound exactly the same as one another.
>>
Is Between the Buried and Me metalcore? I like their Colors album. Don't know much about the genre.
>>
File: R-4927188-1439659972-2356.jpeg.jpg (15 KB, 276x300) Image search: [Google]
R-4927188-1439659972-2356.jpeg.jpg
15 KB, 276x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjh7BdIUlc
these guiys are good
>>
>>62956196
Both of those bands are absolute garbage fuck off
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.