[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slayer: God-tier or pleb-tier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 20160226_231206.png (436 KB, 904x914) Image search: [Google]
20160226_231206.png
436 KB, 904x914
Slayer:

God-tier or pleb-tier?
>>
Early Slayer is great, Their first two albums>Reign In Blood
>>
god tier @ 1st but l8r in career total pleb tier
>>
>>62953968
A real man's band finally.
>>
>>62953999
upside down satanic trips dont lie
>>
thrash a shit
>>
>>62954002
There newest album wasn't bad but generally yeah
>>
>>62954092
go listen to bvb, faggatron
>>
They're the ultimate pleb filter band. Just look at this guy >>62953999. He claims the unpolished early Slayer albums are better than the metal machine Reign in Blood. He'd also argue that South of Heaven is better than God Hates Us All. He and people who share his opinion are plebs. People who deny Slayer have ever been good are also plebs. If you can't at least accept Reign In Blood as one of the greatest metal albums of all time, you are a pleb.
>>
>>62954143
kek
>>
>>62954153
whats the worst & the best slayer song, it your personal opinion.
>>
Slayer is sort of like the Steven Segal of music. They made some decent but cheesy early stuff then they became a parody of themselves with a fanbase that has brain damage
>>
>>62954826
this
>>
PLAY SOME FUCKING SLAYER - Me, at ever gig I've been to
>>
Despite becoming the blueprint for most thrash bands that came after them, I find their music to be painfully boring. Reign in Blood is really good, but that's about it.
>>
>>62954282
Divine Intervention and Altar of Sacrifice
>>
Slayer is Satan tier, which is better than god tier.

Also God Hates Us All and Christ illusion are two of their best album (better than their first two in fact).
>>
Not quite God-tier, but damn near close. With Slayer, you always know what you're gonna get. Slayer. No fucking dubstep, no rap influence, no SJW bullshit. They won't shit on the fans like Ulrich or release any subpar albums as a cashgrab. Best of all (other than a revolutionary sound) they aren't loved by hipsters or tumblerinas. What else could you want from a band?
>>
File: 1381640184866.png (576 KB, 605x453) Image search: [Google]
1381640184866.png
576 KB, 605x453
>there are people on this board that actually think any Slayer album after Seasons is good

Also
Hell Awaits>Reign in Blood>South of Heaven>Seasons in the Abyss>Show no Mercy
>>
>>62959375
>triggering the pleb filter
>>
File: 145625098475.jpg (17 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
145625098475.jpg
17 KB, 375x375
>>62959484
>6 albums of rehashed fetid garbage
>good
It is you who is the pleb.
>>
>>62959831
I'm going to have to add "memorizes words like fetid just to (mis)use them to describe things he doesn't like" and "refuses to come up with original insults because saying 'it is you is the x' is easier" to my pleb filter.
>>
>tfw no Ice Titan studio version
>>
the first two albums are better than reign in blood HAHAHAHAHAHA reign in blood is one of the most important thrash metal albums of all time you pleb
>>
>>62954002
Satan tier desu.
>>
>>62954153
I like hell awaits and seasons in the abyss better than reign in blood. Hell awaits is the best album musically, it just lacks adequate production (still, great dark atmosphere).
>>
>>62959375
very close my friend but switch show no mercy> seasons in the abyss

and while God Hates Us All isn't good, it's the ultimate edgy bad dad music.
>>
>>62963561
well now you're just misusing the term 'musically'. South of Heaven is the best musically, but along with Seasons in the Abyss it contains so many weak songs and deviations from the signature Slayer sound that it ends up ranking below some of their newer albums and not comparing to their old. Hell Awaits makes the classic mistake of opening the album with the best track, leaving the rest of the album to put together scraps and and form something that was perfected in Reign in Blood.
>>
>>62963926
Necrophiliac is the best track on Hell Awaits though.

>>62961619
Hell Awaits does most of the things Reign in Blood does, except it sacrifices some polish for being actually interesting to listen to.
>>
File: crimea_time_by_trebuxet-d7bqx7r.jpg (961 KB, 800x635) Image search: [Google]
crimea_time_by_trebuxet-d7bqx7r.jpg
961 KB, 800x635
I've written societ to God H8s Us All. Slayer rock, 6/10.

A band equivical to slayer would be Hatebreed (born 89 disc.).
>>
>>62954826
just reading this gave me brain damage, slayer is nothin'
>>
>>62964068
That's not what we mean by polish. In fact the poor production qualities on the album add to the sound, as if it was recorded in hell. It however doesn't excuse it being a hodgepodge of ideas with no logical progression between riffs in a song let alone tracks on an album.
>>
>>62964068
you are correct on both counts
>>
>>62964701
But he's not. Kill Again is the best track on Hell Awaits and listen to both of them again before you confirm someone elses opinion you tard.
>>
>>62953968
I dreamt that I listened Hell Awaits last night. It was really good. How is it in real life? Better that RiB?
>>
Is it wrong to like all the albums through God hates us all. After that everything sucks
>>
>>62964807
Not if you're 11.
>>
>>62964797
Yes, so go listen to it right now for reals.
>>
>>62964816
okay
>>
>>62964797
dude I didn't have it on my computer when 'actually interesting' guy posted but I've already finished listening to it. music is insanely easy to acquire. you have no excuse for not already having heard it.
>>
>>62964807
Other than the fact that Divine Intervention and Diabolus in Musica are not better than Repentless and Christ Illusion, and that God Hates Us All was their best album since 1986, you're perfectly fine.
>>
>>62964844
Do you realise how many albums exist I also could listen to? I don't want to exclusively listen Slayer.
>>
>>62964872
Didn't care for divine, Christ illusion, or world painted . Diabolus and ghua are better. Haven't actually listened to relentless
>>
>>62964892
Luckily for you the vast majority of them are derivative of a select few groundbreaking albums, and can easily be held off until later given the discovery of such an influential album missing from your list. Or you can do it like I do and not listen to terrible pop albums as long as movies and listen to good music with shorter runtimes due to a focus of quality over quantity.
>>
Slayer
>>
very pleb, but they're about as good as thrash metal gets
>>
Slayer is the most meme metal there is.

The fact that at every show I go to some morons unironically shout SLAYERRRR at the stage turns me off on them.
>>
>>62953968
Slayer is great. Easily the best of the big 4, although I should probably listen to more Anthrax before saying that. They heavily influenced extreme metal, too, which is worth mentioning.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.