[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the first time ever that I completely disagree with Anthony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: kim5_1678967a.jpg (119 KB, 620x594) Image search: [Google]
kim5_1678967a.jpg
119 KB, 620x594
This is the first time ever that I completely disagree with Anthony Fantano.
I think Kanye reached a point where we can see what differentiates the artist from the pleb and critics.

Kanye saw something that only the future generation will see and our children will say : "I can't believe they didn't appreciate this for what it was, it's so obviously art."

TLOP aims for imperfection to reveal the beauty of innocence and truth. Just like Pablo Picasso said "I used to draw like Raphael as a child but it took me a lifetime to draw like a child."

Social networks and the tabloids culture destroyed patience.
Kanye's life is a living proof of that.

The people criticizing the album for its rough on the edges aspect completely fail to see that they listened to it once before judging it.
I think Kanye is adressing that.

Information goes goes so fast that we don't take the time to appreciate anything in order to forge our own little personal opinion.
We just feed off youtube channels and social medias to ingest mass produced opinions.

So how could Kanye West, who said numerous times all he wants to do is tell the truth through his art, give us a polished and perfect product.

He has come such a long way that people forget that he was and still is a regular human like every one of us. He is an insecure black bipolar nerd with international power and a dope life and people still feel their opinion on him matters while he clearly is a creative beast.

TLOP and Kanye himself are products of our rushed 24hours newsfeed society.
>>
TLOP is the greatest album of our generation
>>
>>62620255
jesus guys, I like the album but y'all are putting more energy into interpreting it and critiquing it than actually listening to it. just chill the heck out.
>>
You think Kanye is a genius because he told you he was
>>
I really dont see how people say it's "disjointed" or whatever, it just seems more that hes showcasing a lot of different stylistic approaches. I personally love the album and only have a couple of minor things that i dislike. overall its atleast a 9/10, probably 10/10 after a few more listens
>>
>>62620880
this

real geniuses dont go around going HEY GUYS LOOK IM A GENIUS U JUST DONT GET ME LOL

they just fucking be themselves
/thread
>>
>>62620974
source
>>
>>62620255
>He is an insecure black bipolar nerd with international power and a dope life and people still feel their opinion on him matters while he clearly is a creative beast.

Well fucking said OP. Finally someone else on this cancerous site can realize genius when they see it. He is the same Kanye from the get-go but hes just living life without inhibitions, almost like child. He is confidence but insecurity all at the same time. And all he wants to do is express himself and spread positivity and CHANGE THE WORLD. If Ye isn't the modern day super hero idk who else is.
>>
>>62620974
>/threading your own post
Nice try
>>
>>62620255
i should shoot you in the face for comparing him to pablo picasso.like what you cant respect an artist´s legacy instaed you gotta compare him to this mentally disabled nigger? fucking die
>>
File: 1454892819575.png (1 MB, 886x998) Image search: [Google]
1454892819575.png
1 MB, 886x998
>>62620255
Similar sentiments were expressed more profoundly and cogently on The Money Store.
>>
>>62620255
None of that garbage makes him great. All of those ideas you just wrote have already been talked, written, & experimented with already.
>>
>>62620880
>You think Kanye is a genius because he told you he was

people use this braindead argument as if Ye hasnt proven himself time and time again. He has a massive ego because ITS JUSTIFIED. Reasonably not everyone would react to recognition the way he has but if you grew up black, everyone telling you you aint shit, then to come up as a legend and genius among us, you would have the same ego as him.

and regarding all these media stunts and tweets and whatnot, he knows exactly what the fuck he is doing. He is so aware of everything going on he can manipulate it, but not maliciously of course.
>>
File: candle3.jpg (51 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
candle3.jpg
51 KB, 980x551
somebody post a download link
haven't listened to it yet, loved Yeezus, loved MBDTF, 808s is okay
>>
my nigga it is fucking pop rap fuck off with this "high art" bullshit
>>
Kanye is renowned for being a lazy shit and releasing tracks before they're finished properly
>>
>>62621160
3/10

You can't possibly be this gullible
>>
>i'm not a kanye fan, i don't know shit about hip-hop,
>i heard the album
it was pretty ok, nice melodies i my humble opinion, i don't give a fuck about the message, i don't give a fuck a bout the lyrics, just the music itself, was pretty good
>>
>>62620255
Off yourself.
>gave mac millers faces a seven instead of a nine
>gave sb2h a zero instead of a 7-8
>gave tpab a ten instead of a five
>thinks swans is good
>thinks good am is macs best album
Ive never in my life agreed with anything fantano has ever had to say. His opinions are god awful. Off yourself.
>>
>>62621324
dude use torrent
>>
>>62620255
So you give it a 6?
>>
>>62620255
these fucking kanye threads are bullshit. "The life of an artist better than me in every conceivable way" AKA TLOP is a 6/10 w/o Real Friends and No more parties in L.A. the album is worthless. Utter trash.
>>
tlop is a statement on how you can release worthless noise and it'll be praised just because it's trendy to like the artist
>>
>>62621703
you clearly did not get it
>>
File: U didn't even try.png (473 KB, 998x1002) Image search: [Google]
U didn't even try.png
473 KB, 998x1002
>>62621588
>sb2h=good.
>>
>>62621728
You're dumb
>>
>>62621771
nope
your low iq is showing
>>
>>62621588
I totally agree with the mac miller points. good AM was a set down from the masterpiece that was faces. faces literally details a bad drug trip and the realization of mac's substance abuse issues. It addresses feelings of depression and existentialism in a beautiful way
>>
>>62621728
fucking pleb. Saying "Ey nigga u juz didn't liek it becuz u didn't get it" does not make trash good. I mean MBDTF was bad but TLOP is just horrible
>>
>>62621523
you cant possibly be that dense, oh wait, sadly a lot of people are.
>>
>>62621817
your trying way to hard
its ok if you dont get it just calm down
>>
>>62620974
>>62621063
>/threading your own post
real thread enders dont /thread their own posts
>>
>>62620974

Did Pablo Picasso?
>>
>>62621784
agreed
>>
holy fuck, kanye is literally /tv/ meme status

out of the way grimes and NMH
>>
>>62621879
Who?
>>
I don't give a shit about the musician. It's a shit album and the songs suck.
>>
>>62620255
Kanye sucks and I wish his circlejerk would go away
>>
>>62621728
filtered
>>
>>62622020
#sorrynotsorry
>>
>>62621040

If you look at the album, like Kanye's personality it goes through spectacular highs and really low lows, often within the same song or even from track to track.

Just look at "lowlights" vs. "highlights". The very nature of the album is bipolar. We can see this reflected in his actions.

I would be extremely surprised if Kanye didn't have some sort of mood disorder. I think the album is erratic because Kanye himself is so erratic.

I mean this is a guy who is known for being obsessive in trying to create tight, concise albums like "Yeezus". From him to go to lean, coherent albums to an album that never once tries to sell itself as coherent or concise seems to indicate this was intentional.

He reinvents himself with every album and everytime people say "he's lost it". But why is it so hard to believe these choices are deliberate? He's always tried to alienate his own fans with his music. He's never once pandered. I think TLOP is by far his most daring album and that's why its so polarizing.

I don't think it's the album any of us wanted but goddamn it's so undeniably good. I want to let it soak in before I call it his best or AOTY but I can't pretend I don't fucking love this album through and through.
>>
Indie fags, once again fuck off. The man is more important than any artist currently making music.
>>
>>62621160

I think he has a massive ego because he's got a mood disorder.

That being said, I do think he's a genius and TLOP is fucking lit.
>>
>>62622179
I don't think even people who hate Kanye could seriously contest that. Even if you think his music is shit he's had more influence on pop culture and music than any artist of the 21st century.
>>
>>62621784
You're silly
>>
>>62621160
People forget he has 21 Grammy's, which may not to yall but it means a lot to everyone. It's not like all he's done are his studio albums too, he's done a lot of production work for quite a few people.
>>
>releases a shit album
>retarded fans defend it by saying it was shit on purpose
>>
>release a concept album
>don't hamfistedly drum the concept into people's heads a la kendrick
>plebs completely miss the point without it being spelled out to them
>hurr its shit
>>
>>62620255
Not sure if I agree entirely with your interpretation, but I agree that fantano was super lazy and uninspired in his review. There was potential for some insights but he just gave the same package of kanye critique anyone would serve.
>>
>first time

kill yourself, bro
>>
>>62623305
But it's a shit album. What do you expect? You can't release utter mediocrity and expect people to obsess over the non existent finer points
>>
Everyone said the same thing about Tyler's Cherry Bomb, but once the initial hype and criticism passed, all of Tyler's real supporters can see that he's recreated himself as an artist. TLOP is going to have the same progression.
>>
The album would have gotten so much more praise if just the track listing was different. The album's good but Ye needed to sit on it for a little longer, not rush to get it out
>>
>>62622541
grammys mean jack shit

its major label radio awards
>>
>>62623488
cherry bomb received nowhere near this level of acclaim, from average listeners or critics
>>
Is it just me or does the beat of pt 1 Father stretch my hands sound like a Shoji Meguro (persona 3/4, shin megami tensei games composer)
>>
The weirdest part about this album is that Kanye thinks this is black people music.
>>
>>62623605
Obviously you have to scale down when comparing Kanye and Tyler, but that's besides the point. Fantano makes the same critique about production with TLOP as Cherry Bomb and also gets caught in seeing the album only through their fame not as artists. The point is only time will tell what sort of merit these albums have based on how they recreate their fanbase.
>>
>>62621066
His cultural impact and his genius can be compared with Picasso though. You could even say he surpassed him as an artist.
>>
>>62623737
Gospel, Young Thug/Future/Desiigner features, and Sister Nancy are all pretty black decisions. It's not the same side as TPAB, which was more funk than soul.
>>
File: 1453918444105.jpg (225 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1453918444105.jpg
225 KB, 682x600
>>62620255
Oh fuck haven't had such a hard laugh in a long time, thanks OP
>>
>>62621160
damn straight, Kanye is the Trump of music

He's cultivated serious brand recognition using his personality and no matter what he's doing, shittons of people will love it because he's the one making it, even if the product is mediocre and would be rightly considered so if anyone else did the same thing
>>
>>62623894
It's chocolate sprinkles loaf of bread. At its core, there nothing for black people of America to connect to, musically or content-wise.
>>
>>62624077
You don't have to make your subject matter about black people and contemporary political issues for it to matter. And even if you do, only connecting with black people is self-undermining.
>>
>>62623488
cherry bomb was shit though
>>
best thread on /mu in a while. OP a real one.
>>
>>62623503
(You)
>>
AND SHE JUST BLEACHED HER ASSHOLE
>>
>>62624818
dont understand why people think these kinds of jokes like the asian pussy one on yeezus are bad
people need to lighten up
>>
>>62620867
>putting more energy into interpreting it and critiquing it than actually listening to it

well fucking duh a two year old can just listen to an album. producing always requires more energy than consuming. if this is bait consider me baited
>>
>>62624247
I completely agree, but I wasn't the one who said white outlets should shut the hell up because this is black peoplpe music.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.