[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the worst album Kanye have made. And this only proves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: Life of Pablo.jpg (101 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Life of Pablo.jpg
101 KB, 1024x683
This is the worst album Kanye have made.

And this only proves what a fucking giant he is, becuase this album is fucking amazing.
>>
don't get you guys. you seriouly think Yeezus is better?
>>
>>62584432

Yeezus may have not as many great songs, but does have a coherent style and feel
>>
>>62584555

And that's a big deal when it comes to evaluate Kanye's albums
>>
Bump for discussion
>>
I knew he wouldn't top Yeezus but I still think TLOP is amazing. I like the lighter, more self-aware tone. Yeezus got really dark and depressing at some places.
>>
File: 1455421493092.jpg (379 KB, 1140x940) Image search: [Google]
1455421493092.jpg
379 KB, 1140x940
>>62584281
>A giant

Even in disdain, the love for Kanye is undeniable.
>>
30 Hours is one of Kanye's all time's best track. Rest is disappointing
>>
Definitely better than Yeezus, slightly better than Graduation.
>>
>CD
Great, classic ye
>LR
See above
>grad
Probably his least inspired album. Good, but not great
>808
I personally don't like it, but a lot of people seem to.
>MBDTF
GOAT
>yeezus
atleastyoutried.jpg
>TLOP
Shit nigga what are you doing
>>
File: i came show.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
i came show.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Post your dream tracklist of PABLO:

Ultralight beam
fade (rap instead of singing and probably with freestyle 4 instru on the second verse)
no more parties in L.A. (remind me of slow jamz)
30 hours(soundcloud version)
real friends
Only one (better autotune)
i love kanye
Wolves (with the cut verses too)

that shit feels like the smile session but bad.too much songs feels like there were supposed to be smaller parts of bigger songs and those lyrics.
>mfw if metro don't trust you i'm gon shoot you
>>
>>62587225
this is horrible
>>
>>62587212
808s is in my top 2 Kanye albums. It's brimming with sad, emotionally impactful lyrics and melodies.
The production is fantastic; the way every instrument stacks on top of one another in "Love Lockdown" is a highlight for me, but so are "Say You Will"'s haunting choir & cold bleeps and "Bad News"'s violins. And whoever arranged/programmed the drums on this album deserves some serious recognition.
Overall I think the album really showcases Kanye's ability to think creatively when it comes to his music's production and songwriting.
>>
i genuinely don't understand this album
i mean like, there's a lot of shit out there that i don't particularly like, but i still can usually understand the appeal to it

but so much of this is like... random bits of strings that aren't really interesting
or average rapping over a typical beat consisting solely of drums
or like... random bits of gospel strung together

it feels really lazy. kind of like someone wrote 54 different individual sections of songs, then randomly slapped 3 of them together 18 times to make 18 tracks.

please, explain the appeal to me? i'm not asking this as a joke or ironically
>>
>>62584281
I like it more than 808s
>>
Put the album in this order, makes the tracklist flow better.
Ultra Light Beam
Father Stretch My Hands pt1
pt2
Fade
Famous
Waves
Feedback
I Love Kanye
Freestyle 4
FML
Highlights
Real Friends
Wolves
30 Hours

took out the other interlude tracks and No More Parties in LA. That song does not fit this album to me. oh and
>Facts is horrible.
Other than that amazing album. One of Ye's best.
>>
>>62584281
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
which one?
>>
Just a few things:

1. I'm reacting to this album the way that a lot of people reacted to Yeezus. So it makes sense to me that a lot of people are reacting to this album the way I reacted to Yeezus.

2. "Ultralight Beam" is the best track Kanye's released since My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

3. The Taylor Swift line in "Famous" is misguided, but also very obviously begging to be controversial. It's problematic, I suppose (whatever that even means anymore), but it's nowhere near the level of Eminem threatening to rape multiple pop stars in one song as recently as 2009. And the ending of that track is so pretty, don't you think?

4. "I Love Kanye" is a beautifully playful bit of self-awareness. I'm amazed and glad he put it on the album.

5. The entire stretch from "Waves" to "Wolves" is fantastic. "FML" is his saddest track since "Runaway", and the minimal beat and surprisingly tasteful Weeknd feature elevate it to being one of the best tracks on the album. "Wolves" is slightly underwhelming, especially now that Sia (although I'm fairly certain she's still on backing vocals) and Vic Mensa are cut, but the final lyrics of the rap verse are chilling.

6. The new outro in "30 Hours" is like a less long-winded "Last Call". I like it.

7. "Facts" still isn't a very good song, but the album version is far better than the original.

8. "Fade" is a better banger than I initially gave it credit for, and it's a nice thematic conclusion to the album.

Not a perfect album by any stretch of the imagination, but if you were looking for one, then you were looking in the wrong place from the start. His third- or fourth-best.
>>
>>62589087
there's a certain appeal to how makeshift it sound i would imagine.

i dunno I don't really like the album too much and I don't think it's been too well received.

>>62584281
somewhat agree... if any of the artists featured on it (besides Kendrick) created this, it would really impress me, but coming from the guy who made Late Registration it's pretty underwhelming.

I certainly don't think he album is amazing by any means, but it's a decent release.
>>
>>62589729
Facts is so fucking bad

am I the only on who thinks No More Parties in LA is the best song on the album and one of the very best in his entire catalog??
>>
The production on this album is a 10/10 but the lyrics are fucking awful. I think he is trolling to gain more controversy
>>
>>62588668
this... probably right behind Dark Fantasy and Late Registration as my third favourite Kanye album
>>
>>62585410
this. Yeezus is kanye's best, TLOP is second or third
>>
someone help me get this album! does anyone have the download???
>>
>>62590227
NMPILA is a great song, but probably not even top 5 on the album. i genuinely love this album though.
>>
>>62590160
>The Taylor Swift line in "Famous" is misguided, but also very obviously begging to be controversial. It's problematic, I suppose (whatever that even means anymore), but it's nowhere near the level of Eminem threatening to rape multiple pop stars in one song as recently as 2009.

This confuses me so much, rappers regularly say much worse shit than this, Eminem very notably so, and nobody bats an eye about it. But the second Kanye does it people grab their pitchforks.
>>
>>62587212
>College Droupout
Decent record. Inconsistent, with highlights that stand at the top of the genre

>Late Registration
One of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, plain and simple

>Graduation
Good overall vibe to the album. Nothing amazing, but solid fee-good music

>808s
His best record lyrically, also a production masterpiece. Auto-tune pop is annoying to me, but stylistic complaints aside the album is a masterpiece.

>Dark Fantasy
One of the most well produced albums I've ever heard in any genre... a masterpiece in that regard. Dogshit lyrics.

>Yeezus
Kinda shitty and awesome at the same time

>TLOP
A lot of it sounds too much like what everyone else is doing. Has its highlights
>>
>>62590227
I agree with you senpai. That track is fucking fire.
>>
LOOK AT THAT BIG ASS
UNGA DOOGA
IS A HIP HOP ALBUM CANT YOU TELL
>>
>>62584281
>have made
Of course Kanye fans are retarded.
>>
>>62590584
gimme your top 5 then...
>>
>>62590634
This shit drives me up the wall. There are plenty of other artists that say things that are way more controversial or fucked up. Ye's just been in the spotlight a lot recently so everybody's looking for drama to spread about him.
>>
>>62590734
I haven't been here in months, I dunno what this senpai meme means. I literally came back just to see what everyone thinks of the new Ye album
>>
File: tumblr_msosw1lW1j1rkl9yho1_500.gif (719 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msosw1lW1j1rkl9yho1_500.gif
719 KB, 480x320
TLOP > MBDTF desu

AOTY
>>
>>62590991
/mu/ now corrects f a m to senpai
>>
hey senpai
>>
>>62591103
Seriously?

That's amazing, not even lying.
>>
>>62591103
ok, I also noticed the new (You) meme
>>
>>62585581
triggered
>>
>>62591103
not just /mu/ its global

also t b h gets filtered to desu
>>
>>62590480
Download Link:

https://kat.cr/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-2016-deluxe-edition-mp3-320kbps-t12079575.html
>>
>>62591367
senpai
>>
>>62590729
>One of the most well produced albums I've ever heard in any genre...
stop with this meme
it is guilty of brickwalling to the worst degree
>>
>>62590480
the first week of tidal is free.

the album will be old after a week anyways
>>
>>62591619
doesn't matter
>>
>>62591722
yes it fucking does when talking about production
>>
>>62591615
senpai desu
>>
>>62590914
Ultra Light Beam
Real Friends
Wolves
Father Strecth my hands
Waves
>>
>>62591817
obviously if many people love the production on the album then no it doesn't. there are many aspects to being a great producer. and to me that doesn't really ruin the album in any way
>>
>>62584432
I think yeezus is a great album, minimum mid tier kanye.
>>
>>62584432
nah Yeezus wasn't too good either.

I can see why you prefer this one
>>
>>62592227
>if many other people agree then it has to be true!
think for yourself for once ffs
>>
File: Kanye.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Kanye.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1066
>>62584281
Kanye West is in decline. This album is an absolute mess of tracks that range from great (Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, No More Parties in LA) to borderline retarded (Freestyle 4, I Love Kanye). The album feels so fucking detached and disconnected from any sort of reasonable or rational thought. His recent self-immolation on Twitter only serves to further illustrate how disillusioned he's become with reality. 4/10, this man is sick and he seriously needs help.
>>
>>62591103
senpai desu
>>
>>62593405
You've cherry picked a part of my post and reinterpreted it.

there's a lot more to production than mixing and most people don't care or even notice if it's brickwalled... it's really only a big deal to haters who are looking for ways to criticize the album
>>
>>62594383
>it's really only a big deal to haters who are looking for ways to criticize the album
lmfao are you fucking serious
i LIKE the album but dude the production is seriously awful in that asepct
>>
>>62584281
>mediocre overproduced nigger music
>amazing
seriously how much music have you heard?
>>
>>62594597
ok, lemme ask you then what does production mean in your opinion? cause the brickwalling thing is small compared to all that goes into production to the point where people citing that as an example of why the production is bad almost seems like a bad meme
>>
File: ss (2016-02-15 at 09.57.02).png (75 KB, 1916x428) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-15 at 09.57.02).png
75 KB, 1916x428
>>62594597
>brickwalling is not an issue
just chose a random track and popped it into audacity
>>
>>62594661
>mediocre
>overproduced
completely subjective

>nigger music
not even an actual criticism
>>
>>62594785

deserves a 9.5 desu. Hate how they shape opinions tho

>>62594844

I always wondered what it looked like to take the bait. thanks. not OP, btw
>>
>>62594884

senpai
>>
The only good song was Ultralight Beam and that was a 7/10 at best.

MBTF was his last good album fambh
>>
>>62591103
senpai youre playing desu
>>
>>62584281
kanye is the world's biggest inside joke
>>
>>62594844
can it, nigger
>>
>>62584281
This is worst Kanye album, agreed on that
>>
File: mistah.png (127 KB, 663x799) Image search: [Google]
mistah.png
127 KB, 663x799
>>62590227
i like the relaxing vibe of the soundcloud version of 30 hours but NMPILA is underrated. facts is terrible. should have given the beat to pusha t.
>>62587212
>CD
classic
>LR
GOAT
>Grad
overhated
>808
welcome to the heartbreak is fire but the rest is there.that was the only time he properly used autotune.
>MBDTF
best production but the start of the godawful lyrics. overrated.
>Yeezus
/mu/ type of rap. i dont like it but there is some higlights like guilt trip and new slaves.
>TLOP
unfinished because of a lack of direction but the beats are fire enough that it will sell.
>>
>>62590160
u and me have the same opinions anon :-)
>>
File: haha.jpg (408 KB, 756x800) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
408 KB, 756x800
>>62594844
>completely subjective
>not even an actual criticism
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.