[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit they did it again. AOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
Holy fucking shit they did it again. AOTY
>>
Sure is
>>
but not really.
>>
Did they forget how to make a decent melody?
>>
their worst album
>>
not even close to the level of MPP or Strawberry Jam... unfortunately

7.5/10
>>
>>62571618
Except it's not even close to their worst
>>
>>62571610
this
thats what i like with AC, their melodies

this albums melodies, not so much
>>
I don't get why everyone hates it. I find it fantastic
>>
>>62571610
The main problem with it right here.

Almost none of the songs have any consistently good melodies. There are small flourishes of something good that then just fade away. Only consistently worthy tracks are On Delay and Golden Gal, and FloriDada is mostly decent. Aside from that, you shouldn't have to sift through the mediocrity to pick out the good bits of an actual AOTY.
>>
It's nowhere near as good as Feels, MPP, SJ. 7.5

Pablo destroys this
>>
>>62571830
Pablo was worse and this is coming for a Kanye fan
>>
>>62571610
To add to this, the electronics and vocals here are actually pretty irritating most of the time. What's worse, they make the tracks mostly indistinguishable among each other. Feels like music for spastic kids.
>>
>>62571610
>>62571654
>>62571691
plebs of the highest order

>muh melodies

get fucked
>>
It sounds like the Beatles... took an "aspirin".
Is this what Animal Collective sounds like or should I listen to the rest? I think it's fine.
>>
>>62571880
Someone lapping up these shitty melodies shouldn't be throwing "pleb" around unless they're coming to a hard self-realization.
>>
>>62571880
I don't know about you, but if a pop album can't sell itself on decent hooks and melodies, then it's basically worthless to me.
>>
>>62571880

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ7tU26Q6E

>animal collective fans will defend this
>>
>>62571870

Opinions are opinions but let it be known that yours is shit and you should kill yourself you tasteless fuck
>>
>>62571913
They change a lot between albums. Feels, Sung Tongs, and Strawberry Jam are their golden era. Listen to those.
>>
>>62571913
It all has the same schizophrenic feel to it, but they've a pretty strong diversity of music. And yeah, a psychedelic, modern Beatles or Beach Boys is not a bad way to describe them.

At least listen to MPP because that's their best album.
>>
>>62571981

comparing AnCo to le Beatles or Beach Boys is an insult to AnCo
>>
>>62571952
i don't even consider myself an Animal Collective fan anymore (maybe Painting With will bring me back, haven't listened yet), but yea i will
it really comes together at 2:40 and becomes quite beautiful
it's goofy and different, yea
but i'm glad i live in a world where not all music is the same
i wouldn't want to pay $50 to see this or anything, but this would have been like a $10 show back in the day
>>
>>62572048
It's what I heard, and I've never bothered to listen to them before. So excuse them for sounding like 4 white men.

oops i gone go an did it
>>
>>62571610
This is what's lacking the most, which is a shame. Sonically the album is brilliant, and a good move for AnCo. However, a lot of the tracks just don't go anywhere.
>>
>>62572048
how is it an insult to compare an artist to artists they like and are influenced by.
>>
>>62572404

how the fuck is AnCo influenced by those pop stars? they sound nothing alike.
>>
working Flac link?
>>
>>62571551
It's alright I guess. Doesn't even come close to ST, Feels, SJ or MPP though

6/10
>>
>>62572449
psychedelia, reverb, harmonies
>>
>>62572449
also influence /= copying
>>
>>62572565

there are like a billion bands that are psychedelic, use reverb and have harmonies. what is your point?
>>
>>62572449
are you trolling or have you not heard the last like 5 anco albums? it's experimental pop, just like the beatles and beach boys did at one point. just a tad more experimental.
>>
>>62572593
That some bands are highly influential, and influenced AnCo among others?
>>
>>62572593
Floridada sounds nothing like the Beatles. Nothing and no one could have influenced them to make that song.
>>
>>62572593
you asked how they were influenced by them
i answered your question

what is YOUR point?
>>
>>62572644
ok you're just fucking with us
>>
>>62572593
Now name how many pop bands are psychedelic, make heavy use of vocal harmonies and folk music that aren't The Beach Boys.

(If you can't see the influence of The Beach Boys on AnCo you might be musically illiterate)
>>
>>62572656
Nah, just you apparently.
>>
>>62572656
Floridada does sound nothing like The Beatles. It sounds like The Beach Boys.
>>
Anyone feel like this album is good but could use some more low-end?
>>
>>62571651
their worst albums are literally just collections of annoying noises so I fail to see how that's even a good thing
>>
>>62572685
That's it.
>>
>>62572685
i just checked that song out before i saw this discussion and thats what i was thinking exatcly
>>
>>62571975
>grouping strawberry jam with mid era anco

back up, friend
>>
>>62572685
i'm not saying that particular song sounds like the beatles, im just saying as a band, they were influenced by the beatles. they've said it themselves.
>>
>>62572048
Comparing AnCo to the beatles or beach boys is an insult to those bands desu, at least the beatles still had albums worth exploring, painting with is a complete throwaway that does nothing interesting
>>
okay guys imma just say it

Its a modern day Pet Sounds. People have always given that title to Person Pitch or MPP but the harmonies on Painting With are beyond comrehension while also managing to push "pop" music to a whole nother level. If i had any complaint its probably that a couple of the songs seem to end a little abrubtly (hocus pocus, verticals) However Painting With has some of the coolest pop songs ive ever heard (Floridada, Burglers, On Delay, Golden Gal). So this album very much exceeded my expectations and i haven't heard pop music this innovative since i don't know when.

9/10, probably completes for my fave AC album ST
>>
>>62571830
>It's nowhere near as good as Feels, MPP, SJ. 7.5
solid opinion right here
>Pablo destroys this
aaaand lost it. pablo has a few great songs, and the rest are all pretty good, but as an album its all over the place.
>>
>>62572810
I know "pop" is thrown around a lot, but isn't pop supposed to be easy to follow and listen to?
>>62572692
brings up a fantastic point. The album sounds... a tad shrilly
>>
>>62572810
Except Pet Sounds had fantastic melodies and harmonies, whereas PW is rarely pleasing. Pet Sounds also was/is deeply affecting emotionally for many people given the heartfelt lyrical content paired with BriWi's vocal delivery, whereas PW has hardly any emotional heft and lackluster vocals for the vast majority of parts. I'm all for AnCo experimenting, but experiments also beget failures as most of PW did.
>>
File: 743px-2015_Dimple_Piercings.jpg (65 KB, 743x599) Image search: [Google]
743px-2015_Dimple_Piercings.jpg
65 KB, 743x599
>>62572449
they have literally said pet sounds was an influence, holy underage.
>>
>>62571610
listen to it a few more times. first listen i thought it was worse than centipede hz, now i think it's 8/10, second favorite album of the year so far
>>
>>62572466
browse the board for more than 2 seconds?
>>
>>62572896
>Pet Sounds had fantastic melodies and harmonies

>Painting With is rarely pleasing

kek

youre pleb is showing, im truly sorry if you cant grasp youre head around Painting With. I do, truly feel bad for you
>>
>>62572810
This
>>
>>62573034
My head more than grasps Painting With for the mediocrity it truly is. Don't feel bad Anon, all is well with me despite this pale shade of an album.
>>
>>62572887
>isnt pop suppose to be easy to follow and listen to?
well it depends on who you ask, but to me pop is more about song structure and lyrical proprties. Its awesome to see artists like Anco or Ariel Pink making more "experimental pop" because those 2 terms seem contradicting
>>
>>62573149
there, there. its all gonna be okay. we dont both have to think its genius, but i just feel bad you dont get the same elation out of this as i do
>>
This is almost, almost as good as MPP. Definitely the best pop album since MPP. There's some solid innovation here and it's all short, sweet and to the point. No idea stays past it's welcome. That twangy synth line at the start of Recycling could've been material for a whole track on it's own. The textures are the best yet, very organic sounding despite being obviously synthetic. Rhythmically, it's on par with their best work; Summing The Wretch rivals tracks like Taste and Kids on Holiday for pushing the boundaries of pop rhythm. It's very well mixed. You'd think the alternating vocals between each channel would get annoying but it manages to stay unintrusive throughout at least through my pair of HD600.

8.5/10, almost perfect.
>>
>>62571876

>Feels like music for spastic kids.

That's exactly whom animal collective is for. Post-angst new jersey teens in their upperclassman high school years.
>>
>>62573219
In all srsnss, I'm really hoping I do get that elation when I see them on this tour. In the past, they've usually far outshone their studio work with the live versions of the songs.
>>
Listening to it for the first time right now, had a sneaky listen to golden gal first- fucking love it, listening to hocus pocus now and it's insane. This shit has me so happy and excited.
>>
>>62572810
What do you mean by saying the harmonies are "beyond comprehension"? The harmonies on Pet Sounds were far less straightforward than the ones on PW. Animal Collective are creating basic pop songs that are chock-full with unusual sounds to make it sound like they're great songwriters.
>>
>>62573264
i feel you anon, i hope this album is a blast live. Im going to see Diiv next week because a friend got me a free ticket so ill need something to wash that shitty taste out of my mouth
>>
I don't see how people can't hear the brilliance in this album. Its nothing I've heard before. Fucking great
>>
>>62573377
You've also never heard me slap a log of shit between my hands rhythmically. Different doesn't always translate to good for everyone, and something new to you may also not be to someone else.
>>
>>62573335
Pet Sounds has harmonies that sound more expansive and full. Painting With has a few of those songs too (Floridada, Golden Gal) which remind me most of the Beach Boys, but the beach boys were never this complex. And as a vocalist, it may not even be about the complexity that anco brings with their voices, its the execution of it all that blows my dick off.
>>
>>62571551
I want to get into this band but I don't know where to start. I wanna wait till the official version of Painting With is out to listen to it, so what's their best album guys? Currently listening to Centipede Hz and it seems pretty cool
>>
>>62573507
Merriweather Post Pavillion and then Strawberry Jam.
>>
>>62573507
If you are digging CHz then you'll love the rest of their stuff
>>
>>62573525
Will do, listening to Merriweather Post Pavillion right now from the beginning obviously. The atmosphere is fucking palpable, jesus
>>
>>62573507
Going through the thread, I heard CentipedeHz was kinda iffy, so your post makes me excited for MPP. Downloading it now.
>>
>>62573462
As a vocalist myself, that's what has me disappointed about this album. A lot of the vocal melodies are monotonous (a handful of them are great though), and their ability to string some of their techniques on this album together really does nothing for me in the same way a virtuoso guitar player can pull off super technical parts but ultimately leave you unfulfilled. I just don't picture myself singing most of this album passionately the way I found myself compelled to do with tracks from Feels and Strawberry Jam, most notably. I can't even remember parts from a lot of the songs, given the bland wash of their delivery.
>>
pablo is aoty
>>
>>62573657
Not even close
>>
>>62573629
The album so far is pretty slow paced but it's clearly well written. I enjoy it a lot but I wouldn't really call this band something I'd listen to more than a couple times. It's probably just not my thing
>>
>>62573657
In a universe where quantum physics are governed by ironic meme functions, maybe.
>>
I appreciate them willing to try something different on every single release, what other bands can you list that do this? Not many.
>>
>>62573646
hahaha man i really respect youre opinion, and because youre a vocalist as well it makes want to start a psych group with you. lol but i think its just a matter of opinion bacause i already sing along to almost every song on PW. Feels is GOAT sing along with as well, and SJ is one of my fave anco albums at the end of the day
>>
>>62573657
Too bad The Waiting Room came out this year
>>
File: 1386385566113.jpg (47 KB, 352x599) Image search: [Google]
1386385566113.jpg
47 KB, 352x599
>>62571974
>being 16
>>
>>62573244
>Post-angst new jersey teens in their upperclassman high school years.
>dat projecting

no dude
>>
>>62572968
>baseline
kek
>>
>>62573752
who
>>
>>62573743
Do you play anything else besides vocal cords?
>>
>>62573752
tindersticks? that album actually wasnt bad desu
>>
>>62573698
>ironic
>meme

is this everything users on this board say lmao
>>
Recycling is underrated.
>>
>>62573867
yeah: Piano, Synthesizer, Percussion, Harmonica

weird combo but yeah, voice is my favorite instrument though forsure. how boutchu?
>>
>>62573888
Only when talking about ironic meme artists such as Kanye West
>>
>>62573989
what even is an ironic meme artist
>>
It's lacking in the organic samples and textures that make AnCo really shine imo. I agree with the 7/10 ratings for right now.
>>
Is there a better quality upload yet?? I didn't mind this album btw I thought it was good but nowhere near their best
>>
>>62573691
I can do slow, and don't care much for lyrics. *cough*housemusic*cough*
>>
>>62573959
I can play ukulele and am terrible at guitar. I've never prioritized instrumentation since I really just want/need a simple accompaniment for me to sing to; always the vocals when I jam with friends and I sing in a professional choir in my area.
>>
>>62571610
I can't agree at all.
Strawberry Jam hardly had any full out earworms. The melody writing is just as good as SJ. Just because its not successive hook after hook doesn't mean its got bad melody.
WE WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER MPP
>>
>>62574117
Yes
>>
>>62571610
also its been leaked for a day or two and you're suprised the melodies don't resonate as much as MPP, which you've probably heard 20+ times at least
>>
>>62574050
Artists on this board that are memed into popularity by people who think the artists has ironic merit.

Like, Kanye West's latest is album is obviously a shitshow of shit, so people call it "genius" because it's self aware or some other ironic quality.
>>
Is the rest of the album like FloriDada? I'm honestly not interested in it if it is sorry.
>>
>>62574187
Link? Please and Thanks
>>
>>62574228
it's not
Every song is Boys Latin from PBVSGR
>>
>>62574214
this doesn't even make sense

off yourself
>>
>>62571610
It's their Ramones album
>>
>>62574256
It makes perfect sense. Viper, The Rapper is an ironic meme artist. You see why, I assume. Well, The Life Of Pablo is about as innovative as his memeus opus "You'll Cowards"
>>
>>62574204
Not even fucking close m80. I heard Painting Within hours ago slightly unimpressed, and now I'm listening to MPP and halfway into In The Flowers and I'm already fucking ecstatic.

Doesn't even compare. Man, it's just getting better. Excuse me for an album /mu/nsters
>>
>>62574238
320 https://mega.nz/#!ZEZBFaKa!YEgsC32kYbmqv-eEA-h8Iq5e7eECUM24Gu3KyeA_pO8
>>
>>62574306
it isn't supposed to be innovative
>>
>>62571610
Are you deaf?
>>
File: 1149314.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1149314.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>nooooooooooo dinosaurs to worry about
>>
>>62571671
Contrarianism
>>
>>62571551
is there a decent quality rip of this yet
>>
FloriDada sounds like a parody of past Animal Collective music.

I can't believe some of you plebs lap this crap up.

It's Tame Impala's Currents 2.0
>>
>>62574466
It's just a bunch of newfags that started listening to AnCo a couple months ago
>>
GOLDEN GAAAAL
>>
>>62574337
that's what I mean man, you're familiar with the melody lines in MPP, so your brain likes to hear them. Painting With is brand new, so you'll take a little while to get into it.
For example, I thought FloriDada was hookless for a while, but its infested by subconcious now
>>
>>62574453
See
>>62574347
>>
>>62574466
>>62574491
Being serious, why don't you like it?
I love every era of anco, I've stopped expecting anything from them, and this is a new great angle of their music, the next step from the messy CHz to the more stripped and fresh PW
>>
>>62574466
Except Currents is an evolution of Tame Impala's sound and production while still maintaining their signature themes and high caliber melodic sensibilities. So it's not really comparable to Painting Con.
>>
>>62574138
mah fuckin nigga.
I have sung in some pretty good choirs myself but my forte is actually in vocal jazz. And i understand structuring more simple songs, as it allows you to put emphasis on what you would like to within the music.

are you in the LA area by chance?
>>
>>62574523
right
and that's doubly true for music that's as dense as Animal Collective's
i've NEVER liked an Animal Collective on my first listen
>>
(Posted in the older thread that no one's in)

I know we're all saying we love it, but...

Why? There is no dynamic in any song. It's all the same tempo range with the same quick-paced psychedelic harmonies. Which is nice, but... not when literally every song has 1 vibe and never deviates from it whatsoever.

It's, well, nice background music, but how does this seriously get you excited?
>>
>>62574523
I'm an Animal Collective virgin. Never heard them before this thread.
>>
>>62574620
>same tempo range
>1 vibe
>no dynamic
here's your reply
>>
>>62574599
How could you not like MPP on the first go? I guess Summertime Clothes is a little off-putting. Listening to it now.
>>
>>62574685
You could literally condense the album into 3 large songs and wouldn't notice.
>>
>>62574685
I'm sorry that you are impressed with LALALALALADIDIDIDI up and down a scale over glitchy repetitive electronics

Literally the least inspired album they've ever put out
>>
>>62574769
>>62574748
keep samefagging
>>
>>62574748
the songs might have the same vibe but they do not sound like each other

the only thing I don't like about the album is all of the songs are rather short. There's not a single song over 5 minutes, but I don't think that's a valid reason to dislike/disregard an album
>>
>>62574557
I don't dislike it, I never said that. There are just too many "it's like Spirit" and "10/10" comments imo. I thinkk it's good, but it lacks in organic sound textures that make AnCo extremely compelling to me. Sung Tongs is my favorite, but this one is too robotic for me to say it's on the same level as that. I think it's a solid 7/10 so far, I need to listen to it some more, but also it isn't really making me want to go back and relisten like their other albums.
>>
>>62574779
try again, cunt

umad u have shit taste?
>>
>>62574784

yep, my main problem with it is the briefness of it. the experience is great though, can't wait to re-listen a shitton
>>
>>62574784
It isn't, but it (song length) could really help some songs find their footing.
>>
>>62574717
>Summertime Clothes
>off-putting
m8 what
>>
>>62574797
still not trying to disprove me
>>
>>62574717
that was one of the biggest poppiest singles from the album
but sure buddy, you're getting it
>>
File: moon.jpg (16 KB, 369x232) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
16 KB, 369x232
>>62574589
No, I'm in south Texas.
>>
This release confirms it all:

People hating CHz are the same people hating Painting With, and they are simply sad contrarians being mad at other people's opinions.

This album is fun as fuck. It's bright, warm and bouncy as hell. 9/10 for me.

>>62574717
MPP took me a few listen to get all way through. Initially just liked My Girls, then Summertime Clothes got good, then Lion in a Coma, and now the entire thing is fantastic. It's like this with every AnCo record until you kinda get used to it.
>>
>>62574347
Awful quality + what the fuck is that guy talking in the middle of FLoridada
>>
>>62574831
A little crunch, some voices, and some 60's inspired RnR riff is a lot different from the first 3 tracks. It's also a bit faster. Not complaining though, on it's own it's perfectly fine.
I guess it has more to do with being cohesive with the rest.
>>
>>62574385
Having listened to this album, I am now partially deaf, yes.
>>
>>62571551
They didn't do it again you tripping easily one of their weakest
>>
>>62574584
I meant more like Currents in that it's disappointingly boring compared to previous work
>>
>>62574912
Not the one m8. Its in the archive.
>>
>>62571610
gonna need better b8 m9
>>
>>62574907
You must have pretty shitty taste then. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an album this much since Sound & Color. And I'm only on Bluish. It's great.
>>
GOLDEN GAL
>>
File: ATP.jpg (88 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
ATP.jpg
88 KB, 750x750
>>62574907
>People hating CHz are the same people hating Painting With

You're absolutely right. They're contrarians who can't deal with the fact that AnCo is going for a new, different sound. And they think earlier albums are the only "true" Animal Collective.
>>
>>62575060
No, MPP was literally my first AnCo record, and I just wasn't getting it at first.

I bet you're just the kind to jump on the bandwagon.

>MPP is soooo great, guys. right?
>>
>>62575114
the worst kinds of fans desu
>>
Sorry, but I don't see it just yet.
I guess I'll be able to enjoy it better after it grows on me.
>>
>>62575134
But MPP is great. It blows Painting out of the water. Paintin With is mediocre. I guess I'll take your appproach and listen to it a couple more times, but I didn't need a couple listens to feel lifted with In The Flowers. It was well composed.
>>
>>62575114
No, I liked CHz, this isn't Animal Collective, it's a 4chan parody of Animal Collective where a few guys threw so much sound that every minute is just a garbled, incoherent mess.
>>
Just listened to Golden Gal, what a fucking great song. Is the rest of the album like it?
>>
>>62575378
Nope.
>>
>>62574883
that sucks dawg! well hey we both live next to that shithole, mexico
>>
Anyone have a download link? Been looking for it for a while
>>
>>62575377
maybe you should get your hearing checked if that's what you think.

Painting With isn't any more of a "garbled, incoherent mess" than any other AnCo album.
>>
>>62575244
Yes I agree. MPP is fucking 10/10 or close to at least.

But Painting With is a clear 9/10 in my book. It has its own charms. MPP felt a lot more calculated and cold, whereas this feels a lot more free and bright.

Neither are bad aspects, it's just different styles, and I happen to like them both. Instead of going full contrarian because they're not muh special little freak folk band anymore.
>>
It's OK at best. Better than anything they released after MPP.
>>
>>62575378
not really, i think thats a shitty one tho

Just listened to it today after 320 came out and im quite disappointed, sorry pals

Really enjoyed the 1st half of the album, On Delay and Bagels
Natural selection is shit
Golden Gal is ok
Summing is shit
Recycling is shit
Spilling Guts is top kek

Seems like Panda really fucked up this time
>>
>>62575447
>implying Centipede Hz wasn't GOAT
>>
>>62575439
Wow. That's very telling on my part. I guess I should just stick to House and Dub.
It was nice to get your insight though.
>>
Fuck Lying in the Grass is so good. Makes me wanna dance
>>
>>62575511
>I guess I should just stick to House and Dub.
Yes, you really should.
>>
>>62575497
Finally, this seems a lot like PBVSGR, in the sense that had a lot of potential but they failed achieving it

Better than CHz and all of their solo releases tho
>>
Anyone have the 320 link without the memes?
>>
>bought the LP
>won't be home for another 5 months to listen to it
>they haven't send my a fucking download code yet

Fuck this bullshit. Anyone got a link for a great quality MP3 version?
>>
>>62575421
Leaks are fucked, they either have that Aaron retard talking throughout the songs or just cut, see >>62575078
>>
USE THE ARCHIVE>>62575586
fuck
>>
>>62575586
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/xnSxGMtw/file.html
>>
FloriDada - Avey
Hocus Pocus - Panda
Vertical - Avey
Lying in the Grass - Panda
The Burglars - Avey
Natural Selection - Panda
Bagels in Kiev - Avey
On Delay - Avey
Spilling Guts - Panda
Summing the Wretch - Panda
Golden Gal - Avey
Recycling - Panda

Sound right to everyone else? Definitely much more Panda heavy than Centipede Hz.
>>
SPOILERS
It sucks, there's better things to listen to twice.
They tried, and they're great for it, but...?
>>
>well if you're out and about on the freeway this morning nooooooo... dinosaurs to worry about
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>62575638
why do they even have geologist? People say Deak is along for the ride, but really Geologist is the least talented member of animal collective by a wide margin
>>
>>62575497
I'm sorry senpai but Golden Gal is fantastic probably on par with the best parts of MPP.
>>
>>62575638
Lying in the Grass isn't Avey?
I'm having trouble distinguishing the two on this album.
>>
Where is the legit good 320 leak without bullshit like talking, fucked up sequence or shit quality?

>>62575677

Fuck off, no it doesnt. I bet you're a Kanye fan
>>
>>62575697

Avey actually said it was Pandas song
>>
>>62575704
I liked Fly Away...? So you're kinda right.
>>
>>62575697
Avey sings harmonies on LITG, but I was thinking more in terms of songwriting. They both sing in all of the songs, since there's harmonies in all of them basically.
>>
been gone since yesterday... what have i missed? is better quality out yet?
>>
>>62575638
vertical would have fit well on PBMtGR desu
>>
>>62575613
>613â–¶
>USE THE ARCHIVE>>62575586
>fuck
I looked in the archive, all of them seemed like DJ AARON ELLIS according to responses
>>
>>62575695
Not even close. I love MPP tho

Golden Gal is as good as a "Little Gang", its decent, but a weak AnCo one imo
>>
>>62575613
I swear I checked the archive and can't find it. Kanye's autism is spreading to me. Help.
>>
>>62575809
Just listen to Brother Sport, you'll get the same idea but it's shorter and sweeter.
>>
>>62575825
literally the first result when searching "painting with mega"
>>
>>62575704
read the fuckin thread, its right above you ffs
>>
>>62575704
>>62575825
>>62575861

Here
>>62575616
>>
>>62575377
>parody of Animal Collective where a few guys threw so much sound that every minute is just a garbled, incoherent mess.

But that's CHz
>>
>>62575941
Thanks. Archive was telling me "Nothing Found" for whatever reason.
>>
>>62575810
In would agree, but Avey is definitely singing lead on that one.
>>
HOLY SHIT ON DELAY
so good
>>
>>62574347
is this one legit?
>>
>>62576027

Dunno, but this is

>>62575616
>>
>>62576027
No, it's cancerous edit shit. Get my bro's zippy >>62575616
>>
>>62571610
strawberry jam was very similar in that regard. did you not like strawberry jam or something?
>>
>>62571610
What? No melodies? What are you talking about? This shit is filled with melodies and vocal harmonies. Literally on almost every single song which is why I love it so much BECAUSE they brought back melodies and vocal harmonies. Whole thing is catchy as fuck and sing-a-long.
>>
>>62575881

Thats the fucking annoying DJ Aaron version you stupid faggot

God that DJ needs his teeth knocked out. What a faggot ruining every song with his unfunny bullshit
>>
>>62576186
Zippy is legit bro, no DJ AARON ELLIS or anything like that
>>
>>62576209

Thanks Bro.. Sucks I got the wrong one at first
>>
There is this song by the band Animal Collective called "My Girls." It really speaks to me and makes me tear up whenever I listen to it because of how beautiful the lyrics are.

Here is an excerpt:

>There isn't much that I feel I'd need
>A solid soul and the blood I bleed
>With a little girl and by my spouse
>I only want a proper house

This is exactly what I want in life, except that I don't want to get married or have children because I can't afford it or be a good father/spouse. Basically I want to get a stable low-skill job and reside in a one room apartment where I can live vicariously through the internet, movies, tv, and anime.
>>
>>62576178

Yeah it really is I went into low expectations too as I wasn't crazy about CHZ..

I Swear theres either shills or just faggots being contrarian here when they say shit like "no melodies". Either that or they suck Kanyes dick and think this is some kind of competition
>>
>>62576186
What a fuckin retard
>>
All the songs on the first half of the album sound exactly the same
>>
Hopefully I make something one day that creates squabbles between random people over shit that doesn't even matter.
>>
>>62576347

That's whats called a "flow".. thats what albums do.. Are you a 14 year old that never heard of a true "album" before? No its not a bunch of songs you download on itunes
>>
>>62576347
Floridada = Hocus Pocus = Vertical = LitG = Burglars

Alright anon

I love this 1st half, not sure about the 2nd. On Delay is one of their bests to date tho
>>
i'm just going to accept that animal collective is now officially outdated

they're just too old to create fresh and interesting music at this point
>>
>>62571551
theres only a shitty vinyl rip right?
>>
>>62576376
I found it to be very repetitive but if you liked it good for you
>>
>>62576390
the second half is crazy good, except for Summing the Wretch. I might need to give it another listen though
>>
Burglars is so awesome, this breathes happiness all over the place

One of their best tracks
>>
>>62576413

And Kanye is something "fresh and interesting"

fuck off you fucking underage faggots. Stop with that bullshit and just enjoy the music.. who cares

Guarantee that 99% of the shit you listen to has been done 20 years ago already
>>
>>62576413
:^)
>>
/AnCo/ vs Kanye stans

Who will win??? Find out in this thread
>>
>>62576443
forget what I just said
Summing the Wretch is good too
>>
>>62576457
where the fuck did it say kanye is something "fresh and interesting" in my post? i fucking hate kanye west and i'm a HUGE animal collective fan

i just don't think anco has that creative spark anymore
>>
https://mega.nz/#!kQQFAZwQ!E92dZjeYLN0XGan-vxbil-eSFoidasJWSJ8cwOwUKiQ

Here's the legit 320 yall
>>
>>62576501
I need more listens pal, but Panda songs on the 2nd half seem too much PBVSGR which I think is his worst release

The beggining of Bagels <3
>>
>>62576511
I don't know about you anon but this album sounds completely different than all their previous albums. What about creative spark now?
>>
please are there any meme moments like that reddit song "lelelelelelele" from that previous album? my ears bleed when I hear reddit shit like that so I need a trigger warning if there are any
>>
>>62576511

I feel you but at least it is really fun to listen to, it is like ear candy, with tons of catchy melodies.. yeah its not the most original stuff but at least its great pleasing music..

Reminds me of MPP except I prob like this one better
>>
"Nooooo dinosaurs to worry about"

where did that sample come from?
>>
>>62576557
It doesn't sound "completely different"... come on now

you're both exaggerating
>>
>>62576511
I am a huge AnCo fan as well. Was expecting more but this is not bad at all anon, it's a lot better than CHz

On Delay and Bagels are full of them feels like any old AnCo work and the first half of this one is quite new to them in my opinion
I still dont dig these Panda tracks on the 2nd half, too cheesy and nothing new at all
>>
>>62576606
Did you expect a freak folk/noise rock album instead? Would that make it sound completely different? I don't know what you want from them anon, maybe you should stop idolizing one certain sound by them and embrace their diversity.
>>
I've enjoyed it both of my listens. I don't know how people are saying it's great or it sucks already. Their stuff always takes time to kick in. I hated MPP on first listen and love it now.
>>
>>62576561
No, this is a lot better than CHz meme. Its a decent AnCo album
>>
they really need to kick out panda bear dude is walking meme poptimist, he should work with disney stars or some shit he is trash
>>
>>62575693
Geologist is the dude behind the scenes. During live shows he's really active, manipulating samples and such
>>
>>62576645
It sounds a lot like few of their albums, but it's slightly different as well

no need to be so upset
>>
>>62576557
to me it just sounds tame and uninspired

remember when MPP dropped? people had never heard anything like it and over the next couple of years everyone and their mom tried to copy the animal collective sound, i can't overstate how fucking huge and important that album was

don't get me wrong, i love the anco but i think they kind of lost their creative spark sorry :/
>>
IIIIII HEEAAAR IIT DOOOUBBLEYYY CLEEAAAR
>>
Am I the only one that thinks Vertical is one of the best on the album? Also Ive only listened to it once but I was kind of disappointed with the second side of the album compared to the first.
>>
>>62576698
I agree a lot with you, but this is a very decent AnCo piece of work
>>
>>62576725
>Am I the only one that thinks Vertical is one of the best on the album?
yes, the only one
>t I was kind of disappointed with the second side of the album compared to the first.
also the only one
>>
I eat a mango and I'm feeling like a little honey could roll~~~
>>
>>62576812
that's from chz
>>
>>62576725
I didn't like the album that much but Vertical was p good
>>
>>62576698

Just because its not something 100% new doesn't mean its not great music. They are almost in their 40s aren't they? And they have been putting out a shitload of solo records and stuff. Obviously its not going to be groundbreaking stuff but who cares. At least its not rehashed bullshit like CHZ
>>
>>62575497
>Golden Gal
>ok
completely incorrect. one of the best.
>>
On Delay
Burglars
Vertical

My top 3

The album should have ended at track 8 tho
>>
>>62576843

Also I am getting the constant desire to listen to it which is a great sign.. 2nd half is weaker yeah but only "Spilling Guts" is mediocre. I don't see whats wrong with Summing The Wretch its catchy at least
>>
>>62576858
Golden is a trivial pop song, stop this meme pls
>>
>>62576843
>CHz
>rehased bullshit

I really don't want you to miss out on something here, so I implore your to listen to this album again. In FLAC if possible.
>>
Just heard it

Never been more disappointed in my life. This is zombie AnCo.
>>
>>62576858
See >>62576898 tbqh
It's decent but pretty typical.
>>
Every song on this is incredible - spilling guts is being slept on hard, it's one of the best
>>
which album cover is the offical main one? I hate this 3 cover meme, how the fuck am I supposed to tag this
>>
>>62576905

I do really like CHz.. nothing wrong with it really, it grew on me a lot recently but if you're going to use "nothing new" argument, CHZ is it
>>
>>62576917
CHz is zombie Anco
They haven't sounded this "alive" in a long time dude
>>
>>62576898

Golden Gal is fantastic.. Yeah I prefer a lot of other songs but there's nothing wrong with people loving it. You should go on Kanye threads and go on SJW on there instead because thats 100x more annoying meme

Of course this album is going to get the shaft too cuz MUH HIP HOP
>>
>>62576921
take a look AT views A-TYPICAL
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.