[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads, do NOT change your opinion of this once p4k pan it AnCo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: 281b4836.jpg (139 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
281b4836.jpg
139 KB, 452x452
Lads, do NOT change your opinion of this once p4k pan it

AnCo are no longer fashionable to the p4k viewership and the writers have already turned on them, they focus more on politics/gender more than music now anyway

Keep the love flowing
>>
>pitchfork
>relevant
>>
>>62570367
I know, but a lot of plebs here still take their score seriously
>>
If anything /mu/ will pan it more if p4 gives it a high score.
>>
>>62570354
>AnCo are no longer fashionable to the p4k viewership and the writers have already turned on them

It surely has nothing to do with the disappointment of Centipede and the two solo turds they made after it
>>
>>62570354
I will never stop loving AnCo.
>>
>>62570713
^^^^ DIS 4 SHO
>>
Cultural relevance does still count for something though
>>
>>62570759
Cultural relevance per se means dogshit
You can create great works of art that say nothing about its zeitgeist
>>
>>62570354
In all honesty I'd be surprised if they didn't give it >8.5 with BNM. It's way fucking better than Grim Reaper, and they never "turned" on P-bear.
>>
wait, people still listen to AnCo?
>>
pitchfork's opinion doesn't matter. still a mediocre album and their worst yet
>>
anyone know where I can listen to the new album fellas?

I'm really excited for it personally :)
>>
>>62572175
Do you always abandon a band you love because of one mediocre album?
>>
>>62570673
CHz is the best late anco album so far, buddy. But yeah, semi-turd and turd didn't help
>>
Anco is shitty pop music carried by its production and 2deep4u lyrics
>>
>>62572284
How do you define late anco?
>>
>>62572260
There's a 320 leak
>>
Fuck p4k. This new album is great. Even if they pan it I will still love it
>>
P4k only likes black people anyways
>>
>>62572289
I can tell you are a fourteen year old who listens to a lot of hip hop because you think that these are valid criticisms of an entirely different genre.
>>
>>62570354
The fact that you have to say this to the AnCo fanbase is embarassing.

>Lads
Pitchfork drones aren't lads, they're faggots. Address them as such
>>
>>62572289
Post your favorite bands.
>>
>>62572346
We've all seen their live improvisation anon, no need to pretend they can play well
>>
>>62572337

Panda is part black
>>
File: 1392752653026.gif (1 MB, 610x476) Image search: [Google]
1392752653026.gif
1 MB, 610x476
This a definite step in a brilliant direction.
I was wary of the prominence of the "Boys Latin" style vocals, but whenever it comes up it sounds fresh and different each time.
Deff. their poppiest album. This makes CHz feel a little better, its like an early attempt to make this album, CHz is the sounding board for the concepts which are more fully realised on this record.
Catchy af, brilliantly produced/interesting instrumentation.
good/10
>>
>>62572289
Anco albums generally don't have that good production, its always very saturated and compressed. They're usually slick, but dense.
>>
>>62572408
Well put
>>
Need new FLAC link
>>
>>62572442
Its in the archive I think. If not somewhere in the AnCo threads
>>
>>62572397
citation needed
>>
>>62572427
That's subjective, but everything since Sung Tongs has had semi professional to professional engineering.
>>
>>62572651
Yeah, but all I mean is that the production has never REALLY been a talking point. its not bad, but its not good either, its just regular production. Anco aren't about the production really, more about the music itself.
I'd say that they've always had semi-professional quality.
>>
>>62570393
They may post ratings on here but nobody takes p4k seriously, o Fantano for that matter
>>
>>62572839
I was referring to the distinction between their hi-fi and lo-fi stuff. Stuff like Campfire Songs and STG are not even semi pro. It really depends on what we mean when we use the word production, because there's both a creative subjective aspect to it, and a technical engineering aspect to it.
>>
>>62572346
I can tell you are fifteen because you're defending Anco
>>
>he's still in his anco phase
>>
>>62573369
>he's a bandwagon hopping faggot
>>
File: pet_sounds.png (109 KB, 481x723) Image search: [Google]
pet_sounds.png
109 KB, 481x723
Reminder they gave Pet Sounds 7.5

Reminder this is a modern day Pets Sounds
>>
>>62572476

nigga
>>
I'll review it after a month of listening
>>
>>62573259
>>62572346
Guys, neither of you are making good points here.

>>62572396
Technique is a means to an end. To judge an album by whether or not they can reproduce it live is silly. The mind is the Instrument with a capital I and the sounds themselves are the only things that truly matter on an album.
>>
>>62573471
Why dude? If you're going to trip don't have an obnoxious name that makes you seem like an ass out of the gate, and definitely don't operate under the assumption that people give a fuck what you think.
>>
>>62573409
that was back when they used the rating scale correctly
>>
>>62573623
thx for the (YOU)
>>
>>62573402
It's not bandwagon hopping, it's life. Do you still like Foo Fighters?
>>
>>62572289
Isn't that what music is? Production( basically most of it) and sometimes/ most of the time lyrics?
>>
>>62573686
Have you actually sat and considered that you might be of below average intelligence? What did you get on your SAT? Because I have a hard time imagining that math comes easy to you. And I'm not talking about the internet kind of "you're a dumbass lol", my impression is that you're actually a legitimately low IQ person.
>>
wait what is actually wrong with CHz? I never understood the dislike for it here.
>>
>>62574482
The songs are not so much an idea that's developed throughout the course of the track, but more fragments of songs that don't really belong together, with not much in the way of segues tethering the ideas together. The production is far too cluttered in most of the songs, where the sounds compete for space in the mix as opposed to letting the layers settle nicely together. Those were my two big complaints, there are lots of good ideas, and the songs that don't sound like several songs stapled awkwardly together, and aren't quite so chaotic and abrasive, are pretty good. New Town Burnout, Pulleys, Amanita, Rosie Oh are all well composed, and everything they left off the album is great. An entire album of stuff like Gotham and Crimson, with a few like Honeycomb would've been fucking awesome.
>>
>>62573717
I never liked the Foo Fighters, although I've only listened to singles and playlists my friends put on, but I don't like any songs in particular it's all pretty average. I don't see what that has to do with anco though
>>
>>62570354
I didn't know Deak was an Animorph
>>
Haven't been on Pitchfork in about a year. Went on today hoping to see them finally pan Kanye's new shit album.

>9.0

Never going back again.
>>
File: [continued laughter].png (255 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
[continued laughter].png
255 KB, 355x362
>changing your opinion on an album because of p4k
Anyone who does this should be banned.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.