[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Facts and No More Parties are a bonus track. >He says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1
File: the meme of pablo.png (1 MB, 807x808) Image search: [Google]
the meme of pablo.png
1 MB, 807x808
>Facts and No More Parties are a bonus track.
>He says this in 30 Hours.
>The album ends at Wolves. Everything after is a bonus track. Just look at his other tracklists on twitter end with Wolves.

Is this a meme or is it true? It would make the album a legit 9.5/10
>>
>>62567387
>is this true?

Yeah, sure. Why not.

Nmpla and facts are super out of place generic rap songs compared to the rest of the album anyway, might as well stop listening after wolves.
>>
>>62567414
But 30 Hours is great
>>
It's a shame 30 Hours is a bonus track though.

Should've put it on before Real Friends, and it would be GOAT.
>>
>>62567414
While NMPLA is out of place, it is in no way generic. That song is dope.
>>
>>62567423
>>62567431

Kanye literally says 30 Hours is a bonus track though
>>
>>62567414
nmpla is one of the best tracks imo
>>
>>62567455
Its shit. Worst song on the album by far.
>>
>>62567479
are you memeing?
obvious b8
>>
>>62567459
Yeah, no problem. Just saying how great that song is.
You got any source?
>>
>>62567495

>You got any source?

The lyrics
>>
>>62567459
Yeah, and I say it's a shame it's a bonus track. Those poverty tracks with Young Thug, Thank You Dollar $ign or whatever should have been bonus tracks.
>>
>>62567479
That's Waves, m8.
>>
>>62567503
Thanks
I ain't listening for lyrics for at least another four days.
>>
>>62567479
I can't figure out why I don't love NMPILA. Got a Kendrick verse, Madlib beat, and Kanye actually rapping. I like it but I'm not really going back to it
>>
>>62567506
>Highlights
>poverty
wew lad. that track sounds like wealf.
>>
>>62567527
It's because of where its placed on the album. There isn't any real 'flow' in the album building up to it. It just kind of happens. Same thing applies to most of the songs here. This is what is meant when people claim the album is 'disjointed'. The album doesn't have any 'flow' from start to finish. It's just a bunch of ideas whacked together that makes the whole ordeal feel more like a compilation than it does an album.

This is the reason why there are so many anons making their own tracklist for the album. To give it more of a cohesive 'flow'. Structuring an album can be seen in the same light as structuring a film.
>>
>>62567527
I have gone back to it the most. It's the only ambitious track on the album. Everything else seems a bit lazy.
>>
>>62567567
It flows perfectly from ultralight beam to wolves desu.

If you cut the bonus tracks the overall album would work better but your lose some good stuff like 30 hours.
>>
>>62567579
Nmpla is the definition of lazy.
>>
>>62567612
please explain
>>
>>62567567
Bull shit
this only applies to the bonus tracks

>Waves -> FML -> Real Friends -> Wolves
PERFECT
>>
>>62567624
You just like it cause Kendrick's on it and Madlib's producing. Hop off
>>
>>62567624
Not even that guy, but production-wise and stylistically it's basically 15-20 years old and that's kind of the point. It's a throwback joint to when Madlib and Ye would chop up beats old soul and r&b tracks in that fashion.

Compared to something like Famous, Highlights or ULB it sounds dated and simple because it is.
>>
>>62567567
Silve Surfer interlude and the exasperating feel on 30 Hours was the build up
>>
I usually respect the artist's decision and condense people who literally delete tracks and make their own version of the album.

But I think, in this case something like that is completely justified. Kanye literally didn't know what to do with it.
>>
>>62567770
This has been the only time I have really felt the need to do something like that.
>>
>>62567770
agreed. Facts was literally a hastily made remix of Jumpman and everything past Wolves was tacked on. Wouldn't have been anymore surprised if he had added All Day as well despite it not matching the album theme at all
>>
>>62567676
You're tripping hard
>>
>>62567663
You just dislike it because Kendrick is on it and Madlib is producing. You're just trying to be contrarian. You're mad that Madlib is one upping Kanye on his own fucking album.
>>
>>62567770

>Check it out, this the bonus track, this the bonus
>My favorite albums just have like bonus joints like this

Seems pretty deliberate to me.
>>
>>62567579
>Ultralight Beam
>Father Stretch My Hands
>Highlights
>FML
I'm not sure why NMPILA is the only song that sound ambitious.
>>
>>62567830
>You're mad that Madlib is one upping Kanye on his own fucking album.
Here we have what is known as a dickrider.
>>
>>62567663
>>62567676
just cuz it sounds like it was easy to make doesn't mean the song is bad.

just cuz the song doesn't sound like it's pushing every single boundary in hip hop doesn't mean it's bad
>>
>>62567839
not him, but regardless, those bonus tracks lower the quality of the album. For that reason, why is it wrong to delete them according to personal preference?
>>
>>62567855
you never gave any real criticisms of the track as of yet

you probably think that this album is better then TPAB
>>
>>62567855
not that dude but idk how that opinion makes you a dick rider. Also
>you only like this song because x
is a really weak argument
>>
>>62567892
The change-ups are extremely dope in this track
>>
>>62567904
Saying Madlib one upped the entire album is pretty fuckin stannish.
>>
>>62567914
For real. I'm glad these bonus tracks got released.
>>
>>62567922
what does stannish mean?
>>
>>62567922
nah i can see someone having that opinion if they enjoy old school hip hop & "old Kanye" more than his 808 through Yeezus productions.
>>
>>62567941
like finnish but stan
>>
>>62567941
Kek

Anyone save that picasso kanye cover art? It was kanye as a picasso?
>>
>>62567897
They don't lower anything to me.
I love it, it feels like a 2am after party to me.
The way he used the silver surfer interlude made me feel like I was travelling to a different world and 30 hours gave me this tired dreamy feel that fed into the rest of the tracks being extras.
It made the entire album better for me really.
>>
>>62567953
You can think that but you'd have to have some boring ass taste I guess... I take back the stan shit.. you're not a dickrider, you just have shit taste
>>
>>62567515
Waves is best song desu
>>
>>62568006
It's that one song who's purpose is to get the rapper on the top 40. I guarantee you it will be a single or will be marketed like one. I cannot believe Kanye actually considered naming the album after this song t b h.
>>
>>62567979
Understanding a point of view really has nothing to do with my music taste.

I'm not the guy that said madlib's beat one-ups the album btw
>>
>>62567825
Nigger he just described how to produce said beat and that's the point. You're tripping
>>
>>62568043
Yeah Waves has great meaning but it's the first song on the album that doesn't have something musically transcendent in it. Definitely has potential as a top 40 bubbler
>>
>>62568043
>that one song who's purpose is to get the rapper on the top 40

doesn't mean it's not great
>>
>>62568043
If you think this then get yourself off meme beats and get decent headphones. You'd understand then why waves is great
>>
>>62568045
Yeah i know sorry I was just too lazy to find the other
>>
>>62568108
by that I just mean that every song on the album (except Waves & maybe Fade) has a part in it that makes me feel lost in the music
>>
>>62568144
I feel the exact opposite, waves is too big sounding to not get lost in. And fade sounds like im the middle of 70s house club
>>
>>62568124
yooo the production on Waves actually reminds me a LOT of So Appalled
>>
>>62568175
aight currently giving waves a 2nd try
>>
>>62568189
Play it loud if your headphones or speakers allow it
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.