[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will kill myself when he dies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: b3vqm1.png (163 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
b3vqm1.png
163 KB, 300x229
These things i'll be til I die :'(
>>
hell be fine
>>
>Tfw I can't he how much pet sounds and smile make my songwriting get better

Why
>>
File: wilson.jpg (562 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
wilson.jpg
562 KB, 2048x1365
>74 years old
>still playing shows
hell be fine
>>
>>62558153
I think you should work on your english before you work on your songwriting
>>
If he outlasts Mike than we win
>>
desu I wouldn't kill myself obviously but at least he's an artist worth killing yourself over, unlike fucking Michael Jackson
>>
the best of all songwriting man child desu
>>
>>62558810
yeah he's both the most talented and the most childish
>>
>>62560952
>"Brian Wilson is a genius musician," Asher pronounced tersely after working on Pet Sounds, "but he is an amateur human being."
>>
how deep is the ocean

how deep is the ocean
>>
>Brian Douglas Wilson, that's me!
>>
>>62560992
Holy fuck that's harsh
>>
File: sad-man-hands-on-face.jpg (35 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
sad-man-hands-on-face.jpg
35 KB, 405x600
>>62561024
just thinking about that clip makes me choke up
>>
I'm seeing him and Kendrick in at a festival in a couple months, I'm just praying he doesn't take a surfboard to the head before then. Him and Clapton are the last of the greats I need to see before they die.
>>
>>62561256
>I'm just praying he doesn't take a surfboard to the head before then

Don't give Mike any ideas
>>
>>62561024
I love him so much
"I think it's gonna turn people the fuck on"
>>
File: happy schizo.jpg (29 KB, 450x723) Image search: [Google]
happy schizo.jpg
29 KB, 450x723
>>62561256
>saw him live this past summer, seeing him again at a smaller venue in March
Feelin' good. Prince is the only person left for me to see live and I don't think he's going to die soon unless he refuses some sort of medical help because of his weird religion. I might have to go to the fucking UK or Paisley Park to see him though those are the only places he plays
>>
>>62561412
dubs for Prince dying tomorrow
>>
>>62561024
>>62561154
source? what's this about? pls don't make me cry anons
>>
>>62561821
It's the clip at the beginning of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SriaRRcA6w
>>
Remember when Brian's voice was completely destroyed in just 2 years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSCpvkREhAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUt49n_qcA
>>
>>62561821
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SriaRRcA6w
Just the very beginning of this. The way he says it is so childlike and innocent sounding.
>>
>>62561090
Maybe it refers to how he couldn't figure out how to relate to other people
>>
>>62558017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYjpAqxExPA
>>
I love Brian so fucking much.
>>
>>62562039
Me too
>>
>>62562039
>tfw no one to cry to Brian's music with

None of my friends understand. They all dig the Beatles as much as anyone, but as soon as I put some Pet Sounds they get really uncomfortable. And never even mind Smile, they'd have none of that shit, even though The Smile Sessions is literally the most cohesive and beautifully composed project of music I've ever heard.
>>
I love him and I want to hug him and tell him everything will be okay
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 428x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 428x536
I would honestly take a bullet for Brian if I had to
>>
https://mega.nz/#!Hs5GyI7J!Trt677NIBVpV85yBtZ3__mdxn9tIUGD1ev0O_sNFhLU

Love and Mercy

you're welcome
>>
>>62562128
being alone is the best way to enjoy it desu
>>
Brian's music is probably the best thing in my life, gf aside

I want to be assured he will live forever. I don't think i'll ever not be devastated when it comes. tfw you're more worried for the death of a frail pop musician you've never met than yourself.
>>
>>62562176
I mean, you're definitely not wrong, because Brian's music is honestly so intensely personal, but I do daydream of all my buds being just completely open and sincere and us all taking acid and listening to Smile in a circle, happy, laughing

>>62562160
this the film? I HIGHLY FUCKING REC THIS. There are moments in the film when it shows young Brian daydreaming and basically hearing the primordial snippets of Smile tracks and they all blend together and are all merged under this watery, distant reverb and it was one of the more beautiful moments I've seen in a film in a long time.
>>
How about you just do us all a favor and not wait until he actually dies and pretend he just died
>>
>>62562245
yes the film

Here's the soundtrack
https://mega.nz/#F!DVcDgBpL!sD547VO6iLnEUrHbIcgPpQ
>>
One of my favorite unreleased Beach Boys songs, it perfectly showcases Brian's odd and charming sense of humor.

My Solution:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc-NeSEpsEs
>>
>>62562292
YESS
Why are the Best Beach Boys fans on 4chan, SmileySmile.net's full of plebs and grouchy old Mike defenders ffs
>>
>>62562385
All this Loveposting is simultaneously annoying and also really wonderful since there is multiple threads to discuss the Beach Boys
>>
>you will never spend a whole day with Brian taking acid and banging out melodies singing wordless vocals

Brian's falsetto is beautiful.
>>
>>62562385
haha, i'm a member on there, it can definitely get a little crazy sometimes. The best part about it is having stephen desper there as an active member, he's always got great things to talk about.
>>
>>62562385
lol I know. They've been talking about the Beach Boys for like 40 years and ran out of bad things to say about Mike so they just start to defend him.

Once I read a post on there saying Brian must be a lazy asshole who faked mentally illness because he "doesn't talk like a schizophrenic" and got triggered so hard.
>>
>>62562385
>SmileySmile
>full of grouches

how ironic
>>
>>62562483
Isn't it not even true that Brian is schizo, that he got misdiagnosed and mistreated for years/ decades because they labeled him a paranoid schizophrenic when he really wasn't?

Or do I have that wrong?
>>
>>62562538
He's schizo-affective, so it's not full-blown schizophrenia, but he still hears voices in his head from time to time
>>
File: brianbuff.jpg (21 KB, 520x370) Image search: [Google]
brianbuff.jpg
21 KB, 520x370
>>62562592
>tfw the voices are Mike Love
>>
>>62561864
>>62561873
Jesus Christ, I want to just hug the man and tell him that he's great.

Seriously, I know that he goes through a lot of shit because of his mental issues. I want to be someone who can tell him that things will be ok.

I know that probably didn't come across the way I intended, but I think you get the gist.
>>
>>62562463
You're not runners are you?
>>
File: 1451535040500.png (14 KB, 520x469) Image search: [Google]
1451535040500.png
14 KB, 520x469
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/brian-wilsons-better-days-20150622?page=2

>One afternoon, we see a matinee of The Wrecking Crew, a documentary about the L.A. session musicians who played on records by everyone from Nat King Cole to Phil Spector, and most famously on Wilson's mid-Sixties Beach Boys classics. The film begins with clips of Wilson in the studio recording Pet Sounds at age 23: the hip, confident auteur in his chunky glasses and psychedelic shirt, pushing the veteran musicians to bring to life the complex, emotional music he was striving for.

>It was surreal — and a little unnerving — to sit in a theater full of people, watching Wilson watch himself. The experience was not relaxing for him, either. He sat pressed against the back of his seat, impassive, while his younger self bounced around the tiny studio with vigor and purpose. After 45 minutes, Wilson bolted. I found him on a bench in the lobby. "That was a real ball-puncher," he said. "A heavy nostalgia thing.

>"I had so much energy, I had it so together," he added. "I'd love to have some of that back."
>>
>>62562632
this is the funniest picture I've ever seen
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (90 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
90 KB, 480x270
>>62562683
>>
>>62562665
Nope, i'm jiggy25. I don't post that much, but I sometimes post my smile mixes on there. I've been posting some of my own beach boys stuff on youtube, i've been uploading my own beach boys boxset which features lots of cool, unreleased tracks. Check it out if you want!

https://youtube.com/user/redking100
>>
>>62562538
>>62562592
Yeah he's schizoaffective not phrenic. But it was the accusation of faking it that bugged me, especially since:
>he is schizoaffective and not schizophrenic so his argument didn't even make sense
>he actually does talk a lot like a schizo anyway
>>
>>62562758
>https://youtube.com/user/redking100
ha ha i actually saw those videos in my related videos just the other day

was kinda disappointing it wasn't the actual box set you were uploading
>>
>>62558017
If dubs Brian dies tomorrow
>>
>>62562758
Cool. Thanks for the link!
>>62562827
Don't even joke man that will kill me desu
>>
>>62562815
oh haha sorry to hear that. The entire good vibrations box set is posted on the #beachboys channel though!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-00-22-50~2.jpg (241 KB, 1440x1211) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-00-22-50~2.jpg
241 KB, 1440x1211
>>62562827
>>
>>62562929
One of the few good things YouTube has done is those #ArtistName channels
>>
If dubs, Brian lives forever
>>
If dubs or above the Summer of Love is infinite
>>
>>62562988
Except for the fact that they got rid of the search feature for those channels, so finding a specific video is a bitch.
>>
>>62562993
>>62563018
rerolling for both of these
>>
>>62563024
I know, fucking retarded of them, all of the channels I would need to search through that would be one of them.
>>
>>62561866
I can't help but love his voice on Love You despite it being inferior to his voice pre being destroyed
>>
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 919x857) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 919x857
>>62563092
Rerolling for these as well
>>
>>62562961
Oh fuck I've got tickets to see him in 6 months
>>
Here's my alternate tracklisting for Holland tell me what you think

Sail On Sailor
California Saga
Mount Fairway
Funky Pretty
Steamboat
The Trader
Only With You
Leaving This Town
We Got Love
==Bonus Tracks==
Hard Times
Carry Me Home
>>
>>62563137
I know right? Love You is such a genius album IMO, it's my fourth favorite Beach Boys album, just behind SMiLE, Pet Sounds, and Smiley Smile. My favorite song on there would probably have to be I Wanna Pick You Up, but Airplane comes at a close second.
>>
>>62563336
Butt
Butt
>>
/mu/ sings Summer of Love

We have to do this
>>
>>62562385
I'm a Mike defender. I think the shit he gets is overblown. Even if he is an asshole, he is still very talented and the Beach Boys wouldn't be as good without him
>>
>>62563298
Looks good man.
I'm at that stage where i'm literally just creating deluxe versions of all BB's albums, my one for Holland looks like this:

1. Sail On Sailor
2. Steamboat
3. California Saga: Big Sur
4. California Saga: The Beaks Of Eagles
5. California Saga: California
6. The Trader
7. Leaving This Town
8. Only With You
9. Funky Pretty
10. Mt. Vernon and Fairway Theme [*]
11. I'm the Pied Piper [*] [Instrumental]
12. Better Get Back in Bed [*]
13. Magic Transistor Radio [*]
14. I'm the Pied Piper [*]
15. Radio King Dom [*]
==Bonus Tracks==
16. We Got Love
17. Carry Me Home (Outtake)
18. Hard Times (Outtake)
19. Daddy Dear/Susie Cincinatti (Demo)
20. Sail On Sailor (Backing Track)
>>
>>62558170
anon please...

I want to see him in September
>>
>>62563513
Are we sharing custom tracklistings for Holland now? Here's mine, I decided to make it a double album, lots of rock groups were doing it in the '70s anyways!

Side One:
1). Sail on, Sailor
2). Steamboat
3). Big Sur
4). The Beaks of Eagles
5). California
Side Two:
1). Trader
2). Leaving This Town
3). Only With You
4). Funky Pretty
Side Three:
1). Hard Times
2). Ecology (SMiLE-esque track from 71 by Dennis Wilson, great stuff!)
3). We Got Love
4). Carry Me Home
Side Four:
1). Mount Vernon and Fairway (A Fairy Tale)
>>
>>62562683
fuck
>>
>>62564448
>“I have voices in my head,” clarifies Brian. “Mostly it’s derogatory. Some of it’s cheerful. Most of it isn’t.”

>It’s a condition that’s proven difficult for people outside of his inner circle to comprehend. “They totally don’t,” Melinda says, “and it pisses me off. He’ll be doing a concert, and I can tell. I can see the look in his eyes, his face, I can tell when [the voices] are bothering him, and yet he just champions through it. He’s to be commended for that, in my opinion, and I hate it when people say he’s up there like a zombie. Well, they would be too if they were dealing with what he deals with. It’s something that he’s going to have forever and it’s amazing that he gets through life as well as he does.”
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.