[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question - would Taylor Swift have been as famous today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
Serious question - would Taylor Swift have been as famous today if the Kanye thing didn't happen?
>>
>>62509112
you just KNOW
>>
no
sympathy kickstarted her career
he made that bitch famous
>>
>>62509112
Yes.
>>
>>62509112
no
>>
She was already big before it happened.
>>
>>62509112
he's having the time of his life in that pic
>>
Nah, he

M A D E

T
H
A
T

B I T C H

F
A
M
O
U
S
>>
she was famous before that kanye incident, he really had no affect on her career. if anything kanye is the one that gained more notoriety from it, even if it was hate from middle america. the fact that he's still talking about it should let you know his dumbass is only famous because of his lame controversial stunts
>>
Probably not on the same level, or at least not with the same image. There's no doubt she has starpower or that she's a talented pop star but it really made her look sympathetic to white america as some kind of sweet and pitiful victim being bullied by a huge ego maniac. Like, not to underplay that Kanye was still being a shithead for getting up on stage and interrupting her award speech, but it's not like she's some stupid country bumpkin who, "gawrsh dern it never been to no big city b'for," she comes from money and I garuntee wasn't nearly as damaged and helpless as the media portrayed her.

That being said man I really wish he had put some different line on TLOP because jesus christ between the "BILL COSBY INNOCENT" tweet and that line I'm getting sick of stanning for Kanye and having to feel bad about being into his music.
>>
>Serious question - would Kanye have been as famous today if the Taylor Swift thing didn't happen?

FTFY
>>
She'd probably be making shitty country music still
>>
>>62509295
Yes idiots, does no one remember the 50 cent war?
>>
>>62509154
>>62509345
You people are retarded. She was a pop superstar long before the Kanye incident.
>>
>>62509263

Also, Taylor Swift used to get attacked for sleeping with boys just to write songs about them before the incident.

It really helped her image.
>>
Not to the level she is now.
White people are still bitter over how the big scary black threatened a poor defenseless white girl.
>>
>>62509396
The Kanye incident didn't really change that one way or the other. People have always mocked her for writing songs about her ex-boyfriends.
>>
Well, she was up on stage receiving what the media sees as a "prestigious" award in primetime so...
>>
>>62509112

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GENIUS THAT IS KANYE WEST

HE IS OBVIOUSLY PAYING HOMAGE TO TAYLOR SWIFT WHO WOULD GIVE IT UP TO SEVERAL BOY BAND MEMBERS AND THEN MAKE SONGS ABOUT THEM FOR NOTORIETY.
>>
File: 1454602163171.jpg (3 MB, 2672x3743) Image search: [Google]
1454602163171.jpg
3 MB, 2672x3743
What did she mean by those pubes?
>>
Only Kanye fans would be stupid enough to defend such egotistical idiocy. Taylor was massive before the incident and showed no signs of fading out. And I say this as someone who loathes Taylor.
>>
File: smirking bitch.png (103 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
smirking bitch.png
103 KB, 250x323
>>62509429
Isn't he like 5'7"?
>>
That's such a retarded notion.
Taylor Swift won video of the year or some shit, she was already famous. Kanye was flustered that she beat Beyonce. Kill yourself.
>>
KANYE B L A C K E D HER
>>
she was alreasy huge, thats why she was getting a fucking award

bro , you gotta remember that was POST- You belong with me/love story

but ill concede, it didn't hurt at all because she got to be "inncent little grl who got interrupted on live tv by le george bush rappingman ;__;" for like 2009-2011 or w.e

to say it made her famous is ridic, to say it didnt have an affect is also ridiculous

(and saying all that, the line was too far imo. the guys married ffs)
>>
>>62509774

Well, you know - Kanye was right about Beyonce's Single Ladies music video being better than the Taylor Swift video.

Maybe he's right about this too.
>>
>>62509112
>as famous

Definitely not, it cemented her innocent image

She would've done well regardless thouhh
>>
>>62509112
She wouldn't be as famous, no.

Her being his victim publicly worked well for her persona where all these guys she's with keep hurting her and she's just a nice innocent girl at heart
>>
>saw that more people were offended about the making her famous part
>not about her owing him sex
>>
>>62509359
Only rap fans cared about that
Everyone from toddlers to grandmas had an opinion about kanye after the tswift thing
>>
>>62509429
>big scary
Taylor is literally two feet taller than kanye
I'd be more scared of seeing her in a dark alley than kanye
>>
>>62509918
Yeah that actually was hilarious, especially since that's the part that the pr person directly referenced
>>
>>62509978
Black people scare middle america tho.
>>
>>62510437
No one is scared of a dumb manlet.
>>
She was more famous than kanye before it happened, she is more famous after.
>>
>>62510437
mid 2000s called famm they want their vague political commentary back
>>
That event made Kanye famous. He's been absolutely forgettable as a celebrity since 2008. This event and Kim Kardashian thing are just another in a long list of publicity stunts.
>>
She was literally on stage winning a VMA. She was already popular.
>>
>>62509112
No
Kanye wouldn't be as famous today if it wasn't for him interrupting Taylor either
>>
>>62509112
No

Also:

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D
>>
>>62509154
Kickstarted???

It was at an award show retard
>>
>>62509112
Probably not. It was a cultural moment that allowed people who would not have known about her to discover her and her music.

Although, you do realize that the same can be said for him?
>>
i am faded as fuck please ye drop the music please i willl soon just pass out please i want to heave pleasure
>>
>>62509674
Yeah. Taylor has at least 4 inches on him, and that's without heels
>>
>>62512993
Literally only the tips of her fingers are even touching Yeezy, bitch might as well be hoverhanding
>>
>>62513127
she has 2 at max retard
>>
>>62513127
Nah senpai, Taylor's probably like 5'10 or 5'9, she has max 3 inches on him without heels
>>
File: Rap game's TS.jpg (39 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
Rap game's TS.jpg
39 KB, 550x413
>>62513243
>>62513264
>mfw manlets argue over a few inches.
Short men claim they are taller. Tall women claim they are shorter. This is how the world works. Go outside and talk to people.
>>
File: are u really that stupid.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
are u really that stupid.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>62513408
>5'7" to 5'9" is 4 inches at least
>>
File: taylorina.jpg (92 KB, 600x821) Image search: [Google]
taylorina.jpg
92 KB, 600x821
>>62509112
>>
>>62513488
She's not 5'9" and he's not 5'7".
>>
>>62513059
I'm pretty sure anyone watching an awards show where Swift gets an award would know about her and have heard her music.
>>
>>62512993
Lesbians can't be blacked.
>>
>>62513408
M8 I'm 6'1.

Taylor's 5'9 or 5'10, Scott Eastwood is billed at 5'11, probably 5'10 irl but lying about his height, and he's taller than her if you look at the Wildest Dreams video.
>>
>>62513561
>watching an awards show
Right, because there was nothing about it in the larger media in the days, weeks, and years after. Think before you post.
>>
>>62513544
5'8" to 5'10" MY BAD
>>
>>62513573
*plus Dominic Sherwood, dude from the Style video, also noticeably taller than her, billed a 5'11, bet he's really 5'10 too.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.