[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7 DAYS LEFT 7 DAYS LEFT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: cover-1.jpg (257 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cover-1.jpg
257 KB, 900x900
7 DAYS LEFT
7 DAYS LEFT
>>
Can't wait fám
>>
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
ITS KILLING ME
>>
Despite our enthusiasm, deep down we all know it's going to be shit.
>>
>>62459262
With this speed we'll have this before TLOP
>>
>>62459639
After listening to that steam, this album in any state will be better
>>
Moo
>>
,vn,fnjzfkgz
>>
File: Untitled52.jpg (3 MB, 1088x1088) Image search: [Google]
Untitled52.jpg
3 MB, 1088x1088
wait
>>
>>62460691
What is that
>>
>>62459262
>tfw it comes out a day before my university acceptance exam
>Every time I get exited for this album I remember that I haven't studied at all and that time is running out
>>
>>62460721
:)
>>
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
G
>>
>>62459262
Flori Flor Flor Flor Florida FLORIDADA FLORIDADA
>>
>>62459655
agreed
>>
>>62461088
if you're gonna fake a weird coded message, make it at least fit into the AC/PW aesthetic
>>
NOBODY CARES
NOBODY CARES
>>
All the reviews so far are saying it's filled with their gimmicky pretentious "we are so weird and randumb!" Rather than good songwriting. I am scared guys.
>>
>>62465423
Then why did you post
>>
Golden Gal on Monday! http://imgur.com/QIvKB9I

Also confirmed from same conversation that there will be no pre-release stream, but apparently orders have already shipped so it shouldn't be too long
>>
>>62465474
I've only seen the Guardian say that, and their music criticism is shit. Consider the fact that they gave MPP 4/5. Not to say its an undeserved rating (though I think it's better than that) but it's important to contextualise it.

I don't believe that most of the people that refer to this album as "we are so weird and randumb!" wouldn't have said that about virtually every AnCo album. But i suppose we'll find out friday
>>
>>62465670
That review and the comments are infuriating, fuck The Guardian I'm done with that site
>>
>>62465670
>>62465931
It's them, Mojo, and Q that have said similar stuff so far. That being said you're right, not only the Guardian but the other two aren't too great with music reviews.
>>
>>62466067
as a Briton, it shames me to say that this country's press is fucking terrible with music criticism. It's like the editors gave up on music around 2006
>>
>>62465670
>>62465931
my "favorite" guardian live review lol

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/mar/04/popandrock.davesimpson
>>
seems like itlll be underwhelming :(
>>
>>62466643
i'm not expecting a 10/10 or a 9/10. A solid 8/10 is still good enough for me
>>
File: pandapolarsamething4.png (12 KB, 738x121) Image search: [Google]
pandapolarsamething4.png
12 KB, 738x121
>>62465931
In the Guardian's review
>Thus, the manatee stings sharply anyone who expects his danse to sound accessible or in any way like reality,” as one reviewer said of their 2010 album Danse Manatee.
>their 2010 album Danse Manatee
Just poor editing. Also lol at this comment
>that Polar Bear guy
>>
>>62466684
same
>>
>>62460744
good luck anon :~)
>>
I can't believe this still hasn't leaked yet

It's not fair
>>
>>62467531
I'm sad too
>>
DEAK IT LEAK
Anyone else going to see them live?
>>
>>62466766
>the manatee stings sharply
they fucked up there too; manatees don't sting.
>>
>>62466643
>>62466684
I'm calling that it'll be an 8/10 with a few 5-6/10 songs and a few 11/10 songs
Burglars in particular sounds fucking transcendental
>>
>>62468192
Have you heard Burglars' bathroom rip? It's an amazing song
>>
>>62468240
Why did some random people at a fucking airport get to listen to the album before anyone else
>>
>>62468277
I actually liked that, it added an ARG feel to this.
>>
MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!
Some record stores have recieved thir copies! Please if you know anyone or have a store that will sell it to you ealry, I emplore you to go out there, grab this bitch and LEAK IT
>>
File: 1455029252350.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1455029252350.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>62468240
Of course, so much so I've ruined it for myself by listening to it so much against my better judgement
I can only imagine what hearing it properly in high quality and with the context of the album for the first time would've been like
>>
>>62468346
everyone please do this
>>
>>62467987
I'm going with my gf in April :) I really hope it's good...
>>
>>62459262
DEAKIN START LEAKIN
>>
>ye calls him album the life of pablo
>pablo as in pablo sandoval, the baseball player
>pablo sandoval is often associated with pandas
>panda bear is panda bear
>anco's new album is releasing in a week

Kanye isn't really dropping the album the album today, they're all taking us for a ruse, Painting With and TLOP are the same album.
>>
File: 1452049542233.png (219 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1452049542233.png
219 KB, 480x480
>>62466766
>polar bear guy
>>
>>62460744
don't worry anon, im sure you'll do great

for me, getting started is the hardest part. do your studies while riding the anco hype train. you can do it
>>
>>62467987
I just got into this band, but I really like what I've heard so I bought a ticket for the 19th in Philly.
>>
>>62465379
Whoopsies. I posted it in the wrong thread

It's just a little thing for a dg thread is all
>>
DOES NOBODY HERE WORK AT A MUSIC STORE?????????????????????
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCollective/comments/45ghx7/just_got_a_call_from_my_local_record_store/
>>
File: Capturar.png (37 KB, 433x335) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.png
37 KB, 433x335
>74
>>
File: come on.png (102 KB, 222x321) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
102 KB, 222x321
>>62472385
>/mu/
>work
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4fan5d_qmY
>>
File: the deak.jpg (19 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
the deak.jpg
19 KB, 300x450
>>62472481
>>
>>62472481
BURRITO 2: THE 7.4ENING
>>
>>62472385
I don't get it
>>
Usttziixtgxigx
>>
>>62459262
>tfw the sketches avey and geologist slapped together on new psycho actives will be better than the album.
>>
>>62472385

>thinking anything more than a small minority of people on /mu/ are over 18
>>
Fff
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 900x900
OH SHIIIT
>>
>>62474703
if i never got a confirmation email or anything, but the transaction still went through, should i worry about it at all and maybe email domino? or should i just say fuck it and hope for the best?
>>
>>62459548
I don't. I feel like it's going to be their strongest album yet.
>>
>>62475426
No harm in emailing them
>>
>>62475426
I got three emails from Domino, an order confirmation, an email letting me know I could download Lying in the Grass and that one saying it left the warehouse.
>>
>>62474703
Haven't gotten a dispatch email yet. Maybe yours will come in a little early?
>>
>>62475466
i just tried but the little message field on the contact page seems to think my message was spam
>>
Supposedly this is gonna be even more poppier than MPP
>>
>>62468277
Yea it's strange af. Like AnCo are from Maryland so it makes sense that if they were going to debut an album at an airport they would do it there, but wtf are they doing debuting their album at an airport anyway? Furthermore, as this is apparently one of their least ambient and spacey records, it doesn't even work as a reference to Eno's "Music For Airports," which frustrates me at least.
>>
>>62476886
Avey talked about all this in an interview.
>>
>>62476886
they wanted to do it at at a mall, but they had easier connections at an airport
>>
>>62459262
How the flying fuck hasn't this leaked yet? Honest question here. Are watermarks too strong?
>>
>>62477426
Supposedly its gonna leak today or tomorrow
>>
>>62459548
Speak for yourself m8 :^}
>>
>>62477490
I sure hope so, I feel like this is the first big release that hasn't leaked in a while
>>
its not like this isnt going to be their last album
just fkn leak it!!!!
>>
wryhwryhwryhwryhwrthwryhwrhrthrthfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>62460744
You don't have to go to college
>>
Almost got it from Best Buy. I told an employee I couldn't find the CD and he went to the computer and looked it up. He said they had three copies. I acted confused and said they weren't on the shelf. He went, looked and obviously saw they weren't on the shelf. He was gonna check the back, but this bitch came by and asked what he was looking for. She looked at the computer and showed him it's not for release until next week. Keep trying to get it. Someone's gonna slip.
>>
Someone get this shit now!!!!!!!!
>>
>>62479329
I can't believe it's dumb errors like this that are keeping us from hearing this.

This would be a perfect weekend for a leak. It's supposed to snow in the midwest.
>>
>>62479329
>best buy
but really damn you was pretty close, it would have been amazing if that actually worked
>>
>>62479867
They had three physical copies in the back, so someone out there has the ability to get it…
>>
>>62479329
if i wasnt so autistic i'd go and try this.
>>
i've accepted that it's not going to leak and have just been going through their discog for the past two weeks

I realized CHz is their best album
>>
>>62480183
It really isn't
I've gone through and realised Danse has one god-tier song and a few god-tier interludes and is otherwise mediocre to slightly above average
>>
>>62480469
CHz has the best use of sampling (excluding PP since it's not really anco) and has parts that are baroque as fuck

If not CHz then which is their best?
>>
>>62480183
It will leak. People need to keep trying. If I almost got it from Best Buy, of all places, then someone can get it from somewhere this weekend.
>>
>>62480521
I'd personally say Sung Tongs
And while I agree with your assessment on a few songs so much of it sounds generic as fuck, with the majority of the songs having good ideas that are covered by said genericness and a few just being shit outright. I've seen someone here say that the songs were so suited to the fluid (or 'soupy' as they called it) nature of live performance that their transference to poppier static recorded versions killed them, and I definitely agree.
>>
>tfw you leavin them niggas for Kendrick
>>
I'm so fucking pissed
>Go to my local record store a few hours ago
>hear stories of people almost tricking workers, thought I would try it for myself
>find a short, awkward kid, thought he would be perfect
>"hey sir, I was wondering if you have an album in stock I can't seem to find on the shelf?"
>tell him the album title
>he searches on the shelves and then checks in the back, he comes back out
>"Yeah I found it, it just shipped today actually. I just gotta break the boxes open"
>Me eagerly waiting around, I can't contain my excitement
>I hear a loud scream in the back, followed by countless "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't"
>Huh I wonder what that could be
>Just then a differnt man walks out, he's really tall and lanky, about as awkward looking as the last kid
>After looking at his rat-face I figured out that it was none other than the Deak himself
>Terror runs through my bones as I realized what situation I got myself into
>"Get out" he said menacingly, I couldn't possibly replicate how terrfying and demonic his voice was
>I ran the fuck outta there
Sorry guys, I tried. We might as well just wait 7 days
>>
>>62481423
>implying the deak wouldn't leak
just believe in his leaky deak anon
>>
yxkysdydkydhdkyskgsgkdiydychokculdkydkydlhskgdkhfhchllhlhchxhkghdyisstituatuaurquqrustkyskydkdhkxhkhlchlj
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.