[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw finding out about the Nation of Islam, Five-Percent Nation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: Dear God.jpg (1 MB, 1040x1310) Image search: [Google]
Dear God.jpg
1 MB, 1040x1310
>mfw finding out about the Nation of Islam, Five-Percent Nation, and all the rappers that actually believe in this shit and all the references in the music
>I can never listen to another Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, AZ, Big Daddy Kane, Gang Starr, MF Doom, etc. album without knowing the references and how brainwashed/dumb these people are.

Rap has been ruined for me.
>>
WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIT
>>
>>62455613
Good rap music is for the asiatic black man not the caucasian cave dweller.
>>
>>62455626
More like, we wuz created by aliens and shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
>>
in their defense, it's probably a mistake to assume that all of them see it the same way and dont have their own interpretations and shit but yeah its all pretty retarded, ive been there friend. i still listen to them tho i mean the music is still good
>>62455636
these days theres plenty of cave dwelling black men such as myself
>>
>>62455613
>>62455626
>>62455657

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkaX6tyq9pI

#StayWoke
>>
>>62455790
How? Now I'm listening to 6 feet deep and it's being ruined by the little references dotting the record and some entire parts are just a huge analogy for certain beliefs. I always knew that the RZA was a huge Chinaboo with Buddhism, Martial Arts, Taoism, etc. But the shit he says in this album is straight up 5% shit.
>>
>>62455613

>speaking as an enlightened, aware and intelligent user of the music section of a Japanese cartoon message board, I know how brainwashed/dumb these people are
>>
>>62455920
Really? You're going to defend this shit?
>>
>>62455958
You haven't really said anything of substance about what about these beliefs you disagree with.
>>
>>62455613
its just an anti "traditional american values" thing.
"white christians treated us terribly so lets antagonize them further by becoming black muslims"
nothing wrong with it tho.
>>
>>62456000
You believe that black people are gods and white people are the devil?
That's what 5%'s
>>
>>62455884
yeah thats rza i guess.. idk i tend to think nas aint no dummy
>>
>>62456020
More like, "all these rappers were raised in the section of Brooklyn that these cults targeted and were raised in the middle of it and were brainwashed by the beliefs being spoken around."

Absolutely something wrong with it. This shit is even outlandish than Mormonism or Scientology.
>>
>>62455958

I'm not defending anything, I'm calling you out for implying these people are "brainwashed" and you aren't.
>>
>>62456081
Nas talks about a lot of shit from different religions and I don't think he's a member of a particular religion.
>>
>>62456089
Many ones are/were, and it seems like most of these rappers have stopped with these cults and are either in actual Islam or non affiliated. But you can hear it all over their early 90's works. And the 80's rappers like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane, it's all over the place.

This is brainwashing, like look at Busta Rhymes, he was raised a 5% by his parents. That's brainwashing your kids into a cult you entered.
>>
>>62456089
>I'm calling you out for implying these people are "brainwashed" and you aren't.
I'm an atheist. I don't believe in magic sky men.
>>
>>62456137
well nas is reputedly very well read
>>
>>62455613
>MF Doom
Enlighten me where this comes up?
>>
Busta Rhymes talks about how the founder of the 5% would go around trying to getting people on the streets into his cult. And he literally says it's in the nature of white people to be devilish and for black men to be godly.

Brainwashed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zjHRXeM8g4
>>
>>62455613
>Nas
I swear he did an interview where he said he doesn't believe in it and just uses it as mythological dressing for his material.
>>
>>62455613
>look it up
this is literally black scientology
>>
File: TamaRe.jpg (23 KB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
TamaRe.jpg
23 KB, 300x281
>>62456287
http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-evolution-of-mf-doom

>Growing up in Long Island, Dumile (MF Doom's real name) split his time between music and immersing himself in comic books and video games. Aided by his brother DJ Subroc, music gradually took centre stage, with rapping and production becoming more than just a hobby. By 1988 they had formed Kausing Much Damage, otherwise known as KMD.

>Picked up by A&R Dante Ross following a guest spot on 3rd Bass' "The Gas Face", KMD released their debut album Mr. Hood in 1991. At that time, with all members identifying themselves as members of the Ansaar Allah community, the LP had a heavy focus on Black American issues, managing to address religion and racism but offsetting the subject matter with samples from Sesame Street. Though it was with lighter tracks like "Peachfuzz" that they gained moderate success.

Now the Ansaar Allah community is now known as Nuwaubian Nation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubian_Nation

>The Nuwaubian Nation or Nuwaubian movement is a religious organization founded and led by Dwight York. York began founding Black Muslim groups in New York in 1967, and has changed his teachings and the names of his groups many times. In the late 1980s, he abandoned the Muslim theology of his movement in favor of Ancient Egypt and extraterrestrial themes, in 1993 leaving Brooklyn for Eatonton, Putnam County, Georgia, where he built an ancient Egypt-themed compound called Tama-Re.

Literally we wuz kangz the cult. And it is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
>>
>>62456302
He also said at some point he was heavily influenced by Malcolm X, and X was huge into the Nation of Islam.
>>
>>62456302
If someone could sauce this that'd be great. I'm not too good at separating art from artist.
>>
File: 1364946697063.jpg (31 KB, 855x393) Image search: [Google]
1364946697063.jpg
31 KB, 855x393
>>62456412
Fuck me. This is like finding out that Bruce Springsteen secretly supported David Duke for me.
>>
>>62456212
EUPHORIC
U
P
H
O
R
I
C
>>
Holy shit I thought all this "we wuz" stuff was just a retarded /pol/ meme.
>>
I'm not american so can someone explain to me what it this thread about?
>>
>>62456488
No, theres a fairly popular conspiracy theory that every prominent good historical figure throughout history was black and whites have tried to cover it up. Like there are people who literally think Mozart, Shakespeare, and the first president of the US were black
>>
File: all downhill from here.jpg (52 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
all downhill from here.jpg
52 KB, 399x464
>>62456464
This shit goes deep as fuck. I'm now finding shit about almost every big name rapper and R&B artist from Jay-Z to Left Eye to OutKast having connections or being influenced by this shit.

People don't realize just how big this shit was in the 80's and 90's and how much it influenced poor urban black communities.

My love of rap is being severely tarnished. I'm going to have to listen to my library again just to pick up on the references.
>>
>>62456552
beethoven was black nigga
>>
>>62456536
https://youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I
>>
>>62456536
You know how insane certain branches of white american protestanism (mormons) can get? The same holds true for black american islam.
>>
File: OTDCKPFTH.jpg (178 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
OTDCKPFTH.jpg
178 KB, 500x900
>>62456488
It's real nigga.

>tfw visited my sister this past week after years apart
>she was talking about how Egyptians were black
>my face went pale thinking about all the /pol/ and /int/ memes for this shit and couldn't believe people actually believed this shit
>had to school her about historical revisionism and what the Nubians actually were and the relation they had to Egyptians

I think I saved her. I just hope she listened.
>>
>>62456552
Ummmm, they were? Check out to pimp a butterfly from a local library on audio cd and educate yourself
>>
>>62456580
Yeah except what they believe is actually true
>>62456212
God is real senpai
>>
>yfw someone calls you racist for pointing this shit out
>>
>>62456488
Also, wew at those appropriate dubs.
>>
>>62456608
Not a history buff or anything but I'm fairly certain there was a bit of cultural back and forth along with warring between the nubians and the egyptians for a long period of time. I'm also fairly certian that there was a relatively short lived nubian dynasty that ruled over egypt for some time.
>>
>>62456632
You are racist you're trying to divert attention from your persecution of the black man
>>62456661
>>62456608
Black is black, educate yourself
>>
>>62456661
Yah, but Egyptians weren't black
>>
>>62456630
>Yeah except what they believe is actually true
I don't care if you're defending mormons or 5%ers but either way you're retarded. It's weird how both these groups like to hitch their wagon on native americans to give themselves theological legitimacy.
>>
>>62456676
Yes they were?
>>
>>62456673
Dude you're not funny fuck off
>>
>>62456687
Hes trolling m8.
>>
>>62456687
God is real
>>
>>62456688
The nubians were migrants senpai
>>
>>62456712
God is existence. We are god. The universe itself is God. Nothing isn't God.

That's all god is, there is no all powerful man in the sky
>>
>>62456716
And they were from Africa and they were Egyptians? Where's the black man from again? That's right, Africa.
>>62456728
Yes there is, you'll see
>>
>>62456688
No they weren't faggot. Egyptians were Egyptians, Nubians were Nubian. All the Egyptians didn't suddenly get replaced by Nubians when they took over during the later part of the ancient Egyptians days. It's like thinking all of Asia was suddenly Mongol after the Mongols conquered most of it, or all the Persians suddenly became Greek after being conquered.
>>
>>62456716
I'll play devil's advocate here and say that the same thing could have been said about the hellenic dynasty that ruled egypt. Being a 'true' egyptian seems very touch and go in terms of definition.
>>
>>62456737
Oh, I see.

WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEIT
>>
>>62456737
If niggers are so amazing then why dont you fucking go back to Africa and bask in the glory of your people. There you'll see the amazing accomplishments of blacks
>>
>>62456746
Wait until 2050 and see white boy
>>
File: 1454208527935.jpg (106 KB, 493x656) Image search: [Google]
1454208527935.jpg
106 KB, 493x656
>>62456728
You are not you--you have no body, no blood, no bones, you are but a thought. I myself have no existence; I am but a dream--your dream, a creature of your imagination. In a moment you will have realized this, then you will banish me from your visions and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me

In a little while you will be alone in shoreless space, to wander its limitless solitudes without friend or comrade forever—for you will remain a thought, the only existent thought, and by your nature inextinguishable, indestructible. But I, your poor servant, have revealed you to yourself and set you free. Dream other dreams, and better!

Strange! that you should not have suspected years ago—centuries, ages, eons, ago!—for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities.
>>
>>62456746
Are you retarded man? His b8 isn't even subtle.
>>
>>62456760
Why donT you, brothers can run this shit from here
>>62456778
Wait and see whiteboy 2050
>>
>>62456780
Funny since your post is the actual b8. Well played.
>>
>>62456778
Damn man. Eastern philosophy is some dank stuff
>>
>>62456804
>brothers can run this shit
Lol America would be a giant ghetto within a week
>>
>>62456815
>>62456813
>>62456747
>>62456661
All this b8 is getting out of hand
>>
honest question but do these 5 precenters actually go out their way to kill or harm white people or is just another shitty belief not even their own brainwashed members know about,
>>
>>62456827
ghetto how we like it
>>
File: IMG_5882.jpg (761 KB, 2352x1568) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5882.jpg
761 KB, 2352x1568
>>62456747
It means you are a native north african that made up the majority ethnic group of the Egyptian peoples that live in the Nile Delta.
>>
>>62456834
It's just black mormonism in terms of tying racism and theology. Fuck both even use the biblical caine as white/black in their beliefs to paint the other as inferior.
>>
>>62456815
My bad. Apparently it was Mark Twain. Interpreting it through my own bias I thought he was talking about some Buddhist stuff
>>
>>62456834
More of the later and it's also taught that since it's in the nature of white people to be evil, they must be forgiven, as it's in their nature. While Black men must be godly, and as such, they must be upstanding and easy to forgive people for their nature.
So don't trust the white man.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.