[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16
File: Bm1ZKDk.jpg (247 KB, 1333x1333) Image search: [Google]
Bm1ZKDk.jpg
247 KB, 1333x1333
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this?

Why is it so divisive?
>>
Baby's first experimental.
It's okay but it's Kanye's second worst album
>>
Death grips for plebs.
>>
It's between MBDTF and 808s for me. Not that big into earlier Kanye.
>>
It's a pretty cool record, saying things like these two dudes >>62426464
>>62426468

is just a way for them to resist the urge to like it.
>>
>>62426437
MBDTF was already starting to go too far from his early traditional rap sound for some people, this lost them entirely.
>>
best song on the album is Guilt Trip because it sounds like a cut off 808s and not a shitty unfinished industrial track
>>
It's a good vynil, but not as Old shoes new dirt.
>>
>>62426535

Bound2 was the best track
>>
it's pretty good, worst of his albums though
>>
I like what he was going for but I felt the execution was very lackluster. A couple tracks notwithstanding, nothing on this record hit home for me. It's not even that I outright hated it so much as it just bored and disappointed me. Definitely my least favorite of his to date.
>>
>>62426437
One of the most well-produced hip hop albums ever recorded. It's probably the best Kanye album, although guest contributions make it great. The lyrics aren't his best.
>>
The best album from Kanye West, 9.7/10.
>>
>>62426535
Confirmed for not knowing what industrial is
>>
One of his only albums I can listen to without skipping any tracks. Its too experimental for College Dropout fans and not experimental enough for people that are sick of seeing it get talked about on /mu/, but its honestly his best work.
>>
>>62426594
yeezus is an attempt at noisy industrial hip-hop

only On Sight and I Am A God hit the mark
>>
Kanye West is a pop star. If you went into his work hoping for anything experimental past the surface you set yourself up for disappointment.

The lyrics are poor and seemingly hasty written, but that sort of enhances the feeling the album has of a fugue state. It's Kanye at his most visceral, his most acerbic. It's an interesting picture of a boisterous celebrity meltdown.
>>
That fact that it took over 30 producers, some of them critically acclaimed, to create this lackluster project, is rather upsetting
>>
Love it. Have to listen to it as a whole to really appreciate it. Reminds me of Kid A
>>
>>62426748
No
>>
I really liked and still like yeezus
send it up is probably kanye's most underrated track
>>
>>62426464
i always see stuff like this posted but i don't understand how the album could be considered experimental at all, besides the first track and maybe I Am A God
>>
File: KanyeByTheNumbers.jpg (1 MB, 600x7376) Image search: [Google]
KanyeByTheNumbers.jpg
1 MB, 600x7376
>>62426596

It's "his work" certain not his work check this pic related.

Kanye is a mediocre rapper, but good "DJ Khaled", he uses the talent of another people to make his selected beats.
>>
>>62426782
It's experimental from Kanye's pov.
>>
Besides On Sight, I'm In It, Send it Up and Bound 2, I think it's pretty good.
>>
>>62426774
what do u mean fuckhead. it has the same amount of tracks on the album. they were both looked at as an outcast compared to the rest of their work. They are both extremely production heavy. just because the songs don't sound similar doesn't mean something can't remind you of another.
>>
Jenny death is way better
>>
it's perfect 10/10 his best work etc
>>
>>62426775

I can't get past that stupid beat. Not only does it sound absolutely ridiculous but it drowns out the vocals as well. Probably for the best considering how shit the lyrics tend to be on this thing
>>
>>62426775

IF NOT TREAT THEY ASS LIKE MY BENZ PARK THEY ASS OUTSIDE TILL THE EVENING ENDS

I fucking love that line
>>
>>62426833
Reading this gave me a headache
>>
>>62427061
>it drowns out the vocals as well.

What sort of Dollar General speakers are you listening on?
>>
I really, really, really like this album. I don't even care if its bad or not, its such a fun listen. I dig the production too. Also Kanye's lines are so fucking ridiculous its outright hilarious.
>I keep it 300, like the Romans
>Hurry up with my damn croissants
>Get this bitch shaking like Parkinson
>>
The Fantano and Scaruffi approach is pretty "on point" (even tho I disagree with them most of the times)
The album is lazy, lyrics are dumb and production is pretty repetitive and unoriginal. Doesn't reach the bombastic heights and is not as catchy as MBDTF, is not as original as 808's, and is not as authentic as his first two albums.
Kanye is no genius but he can do very good stuff with the proper mindset, that album was more like a publicity stunt than a legit musical work. And every music critic elevated its status to one of the most overrated albums in all of hip-hop.
>>
>baby's first experimental hip-hop
How does this affect the quality? OP asked what we thought and you don't like it because people who don't usually listen to hip-hop with industrial elements enjoy it? Such a retarded criticism.
>>
It's sort of a guilty pleasure for me. I always think "This is fucking terrible" but I enjoy it anyway. I like to think Kanye totally loses his head in this album.
>>
>>62427450
300 in roman is CCC
>>
It's a 6/10 album that relies overly on production, just like most modern hip hop.
>>
People who have never heard experimental hip hop before will think it's some amazing work of genius

The others will think it's trash and him just trying to hop on a fashionable bandwagon.

Kanye needs to stick to soul samples, that's what he's good at.
>>
>>62426748
>Kid A
How
>>
>>62427450
This. It was entertaining, if a little preachy sometimes.

>>62427602
Overrated as fuck by normies. That's how.

>>62427502
The Future thread is a few pages down.
>>
File: 1438743843648.jpg (295 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1438743843648.jpg
295 KB, 800x534
First time I heard it I really didn't like it because it was so different from MBDTF, it was definitely a grower. Now it's my second favorite by him all the beats are fucking amazing. Lyrically it's definitely his weakest on the surface but once you realize it's all self aware that can be forgiven. I really regret not going to see him perform it when I had the chance.
>>
>>62426437
1. the producers on this album made a good attempet mixing their style with trap rap and a grime influence

2. impressed by the Arca, Hudmo and Evian christ production

3. verses are poor and fortable, sometimes dumb

4. a revisit to this record sounds like "what i'm doing this is not all that"

5. overall 6.4/10
>>
*forgetables
>>
>>62426833
That's the ugliest inphographic I've ever seen
>>
File: 1454879652218.png (61 KB, 532x289) Image search: [Google]
1454879652218.png
61 KB, 532x289
>>62427892
Numbers don't lie dude.
>>
>>62427922
Nice undefined y-axis m8.
>>
>>62427922
That's actually a good thing, he's rich so he doesn't neede to rely on records sells anymore, so he can be more experimental without worrying
>>
>>62427949
He can steal from others with more atenttion now.

>>62426833
>>
>>62426833
Interesting infograph
>>
>>62427970
So your problem with him is that he doesn't make his own beats anymore? Like 99% of the other rappers in the world?
>>
>>62427994
>ry
>>62427970
He, similar to MAdlib and plenty others. Prefer sample-based production that's it.

People like Hudmo and others helped Ye they aren't "stolen"

I swear to fuck it's like you people know literally nothing
>>
>>62427994
He's claimming himself something that he in reality don't is. Hes not original anymore.
Always, dickriders and blinded teenagers fans will defend him, even if his eat his own poop and does schizophrenic shit.
>>
>>62428052
He's 38, of course he need the 'help' of new/trendy artists to stay relevant. Beyoncé does the same shit
>>
>>62428035
He literally "vampirized" these productions making his latest albums more like of an collaborative project than a "Kanye" project. Like he contributed only like 40% or 50% of these works. Since the lyrics are wrote by other writers and the beats/melody made by other producers.
>>
>>62428052
Lol buddy you want to tell me a HIPHOP album that sounds anything like Yeezus. Please do tell. And HipHop not IDM, not EDM or whatever autistic subgenre you can pull up.

Death Grips also isn't hiphop the meme needs to die.
>>
>>62428068
But, is not what his hardcore fans believe he is. The talk is that he's "the best rapper of all time", "the best artist of all time", "God".

More like ONE the greatest plagiarist of all time. He steals melodies this is not even a secret:

- Stronger from Daft Punk
- Blame Game from Aphex Twin
- Coldest Winter from Tears for Fears
- Blood on the Leaves from Nina Simone
- All of the Light visuals from Gaspar Noé

and theres more
>>
>>62428167
>OH MY GOD THIS RAP ARTIST IS SAMPLING STUFF!
>>
>>62428167
what the fuck are you retarded? it's called sampling genius.
>>
>>62428103
Yeezus sounded like a pretentious grime/death grips rip-off. Some of Death Grips is hip hop. Experimental hip hop.

Kanye himself said he "inspired" on the sounds of 90's industrial rock, which is essentially Tren t Reznor production...

He copied it, "Black Skinhead" is a rip off of the song "Antichrist superstar" of Marylin Manson and "Rock n roll part 2" of Gary Glitter.

He tried to emulate early Nine Inch Nails and Death Grips sound.
>>
>>62428167
HOLY SHIT GUYS
i just listened to "Stronger " by Kayne West and then "Faster Better Stronger Longer" by Daft Punk and HOLY SHIT
they sound more than a little bit alike, i think this guy might be right
>>
>>62428187
>>62428247

But this make his music on a certain level that can't be considered the best stuff made, and the "greatest stuff". Is not 100% original.

Even if Portishead, Madyvillainy and Flying Lotus samples too, Kanye West production is trash compared to them.
>>
Yeezus is great aesthetically. The production and presentation of everything on the album is spot fucking on. It's a pretty bold release for someone with a fanbase as large as Kanye, since I'm sure the large majority of his listeners aren't much into experimental music. It's lo-fi and abrasive, but not so much so as to make it in any way inaccessible or difficult to listen to. That makes for an excellent blend of pop accessibility and experimentation that we rarely see anymore.

Lyrically, however, Yeezus is complete trash. There are some decent songs lyrically, and a few good lines here and there, but this album has several of dumbest lines. They're so stupid that a number of them are practically memes at this point, including the infamous "keep it 300" line.

So what we get is a mixed bag, really. The awful lyrics complement the aesthetic of the album, but they are also objectively awful. Despite all this I think it's a 7/10.
>>
One of the good things of Yeezus, is that boosted careers, specially of the producer Arca. He is great.
>>
>>62428284
never mind i jsut heard "Touch It' by Buster Rhymes and i think maybe his buddy Buster gave him the song
whew CLOSE ONE
>>
Better than Death Grips.
>>
>>62428362
Kill yourself
>>
>>62428289
Kanye is capable of really dope bars, I don't think that this was a rap album in the typical sense where the beats are just backgrounds for lyrics and flows. The lyrics are purposefully done like this because the songs aren't supposed to be verses, they're supposed to be songs. I'd give it an 8/10.

>>62428167
You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>62428389
>Death Grips is good
>buying into /mu/ memes this hard

Kek
>>
>>62428398
You're a fucking retard.

This album sucks at best. Kanye fell of if you being honest. Open your eyes, believer.
>>
>>62428286
What the fuck are you talking about? Kanye is one of the best in hip hop when it comes to sampling. Just because he doesn't chop the shit out of samples until they aren't recognizable or mix them further into the background doesn't mean he's cheating.

Sure, Blame Game heavily samples Aphex Twin, but both songs evoke almost completely different feelings from the listener, have two completely different artistic goals, and appeal to two completely different audiences. The fact that Kanye even thought of using an Aphex Twin sample in a Hip Hop song and was actually able to make it work is somewhat impressive in and of itself, even if it's just a piano track.

Just because it's not hard to sample doesn't make it an invalid form of artistic expression. It still takes a good ear to spot samples from multiple different genres of music and be able to envision them in a new setting. It's not hard to do but it still takes some creativity to actually do it.

I don't think Kanye is as good at sampling as say, The Avalanches, but in his own genre he's clearly one of, if not the best at it.
>>
>>62426833
awful post, good image though

seriously you are so fucking stupid and new if you believe that
>>
>>62428418
Sorry you're a 'Kanye West' fan/stan? Lol.

>17 year old

Gay person or a 'black twitter'.
Time to grow, faggot.
>>
>>62428467
You're actually a dickrider.

>>62428458
What the you talking about? You shithead.

Spend these time to defend an unoriginal and overratted rapper which only makes a bunch of good POP rap albums, but some followers still trying to making him look like an innovator or an absolute 'genius'. Stop this.

He steals other people, deal with this.
>>
>>62428526
>He steals other people, deal with this.

Literal 12 year old tier opinion. Let me guess, you like Queen?
>>
>>62428526
Shut the fuck up you stupid tripfag.
>>
>>62426741
lackluster as in it didnt blow mbdtf out hard enough right?
>>
Kanye Wes is trash. End.
>>
>>62428576
You really convinced us with your dumb ass rant
>>
>>62426705
thats what i've taken from it, and i understand that execution doesn't enhance how anyone percieves an album but I thought Kanye hit the mark perfectly with what he was trying to create. this album is basically an ego death for Kanye, he was at the height of being lambasted and hated in the media
>>
>>62428526
So he can't be a pop musician and be an innovator of pop music? In his own genre he certainly is a genius, I can't name any other pop musicians who are breaking the mold in the way that he has been.

If you're going to compare him to actual experimental artists, or actual art music, then yeah, his work is pretty insignificant comparitively. If you're going to actually compare him to his contemporaries, however, he stands miles above all of the other radio ready pop rap artists.

Also
>sampling is stealing hur dur
>using lots of features is cheating haehuhu
I don't know why I even took this bait but I did.
>>
>>62428563
Kanye West is a plagiarist.

>>62428556
I don't like Queen, but i like Kendrick, Earl Sweetshirt, Jay Z, Run the Jewls. I don't hate Kanye West, i'm just open minded.
>>
>>62427450
i think he had a point to make some of the jokes/lines really crass/crude/surface level. from the packaging to the production everything is right in front of you
>>
>>62427970
ash rap confirmed hyper autism
>>
>>62428603
>i don't hate kanye west
that's why you've been here for thirty minutes trying to convince us he's shit? you're more pathetic than the stans
>>
>>62428596

>If you're going to compare him to actual experimental artists, or actual art music, then yeah, his work is pretty insignificant comparitively

Yes, exactly this.

>>62428596

>In his own genre he certainly is a genius

Only in "Pop Rap". Not in Hip Hop overall.
Hes trash compared with Biggie Smalls, De La Soul,Clouddead, Wu-Tang, Public Enemy works for example.
>>
>>62428633
He's good shit.

>>62428622
Critic the message not the messenger.
This about how Kanye West is overrated. Not hating.
>>
>>62428661
remind me which of these had even half the number of classic albums Kanye has?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irL1M15DH8
>>
File: ward.jpg (40 KB, 756x531) Image search: [Google]
ward.jpg
40 KB, 756x531
>>62428661
shut up nigger
>>
Well, it was my favorite until I heard Watch the Throne. But yeah, it's still an excellent album imo.
>>
>>62428681
The message you speak of isn't a proper one, a bunch of angry personal opinions maybe but not a message of any sort
>>
>>62428709
Kanye West sucks.
>>62428700
These artist that i listed are more original and better.

>>62428700
He was 2 classics for hip hop overall.
>>
>>62428753
6 albums, each unique
>>
>>62428709
he can't dab from up there
>>
>>62428753
no he doesn't and I can prove you wrong bitch
he's good and everyone except you thinks so
maybe you're the stupid one??? haha
>>
>>62428752
In 2010/2011, i used to defend Kanye West, all costs like this. Maybe you just have to listen to more diverse music and stop to fell to every hype train releases.

and stop the maximalistic opinion, who trashs or glorifies immediately every works that comes out, essentialy mainstream hip hop
>>
File: 1453937124504.jpg (6 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1453937124504.jpg
6 KB, 244x250
>>62428753
If you believe Kanye sucks so hard, why did you feel the need to not enter the Kanye general but instead a thread specific to a singular album that only Kanye fans would know was his?
>>
>>62426437

it can be a really fun listen but it's lyrics are shitty and a lot of people act like it's super experimental
>>
>>62428777
Not at all.

808's & Heartbreak literally copies the André 3000 "The Love Below" intention and rips off some of T-Pain ideas. http://www.vibe.com/2015/12/t-pain-says-he-influenced-kanye-wests-808s-heartbreak/

That have some of previous Saul Williams ideas too, "emotionally poetry"/ "tribal drums".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3QHpdFokw

Actually Kid Cudi wrote a bunch of 808&Heartbreak songs... and contributed to the sounds... Kanye vampirized Cudi.
>>
>>62428816
Kanye West is good.
>>
>>62427922

album sales are declining across all of hip hop (and music in general), most listeners use streaming services now and before that torrented/downloaded his music for free. he's definitely more popular now than he was before Gold Digger dropped
>>
>>62428816
>an album only kanye fans would know is his

everyone on this board knows this album you autist
>>
>>62428906
This effected specially Kanye West. He lost some of his appeal and his association with Kardhasian brings to him that "all marketing is good" mentality which will destroy (i hope so,sorry) his career. Hes being pretty ridicule sometimes, the fans love his "irreverence", and claims "white people hate this uh, because hes a black man boasting about his success haha" intenting to make subverted amorality looking cool and fine. I hope he gets fucked by the critics, but since they're all sellout, certain they only gonna listen to the 'sound' and forget what is arround his life and what he says. "h hes just eccentric, im here only for the music" FUCK YOURSELF.
>>
>>62428881

you're using terms like "rips off" and "literally copies" when you should be using "is influenced by". i don't even like 808s and heartbreak but it's removed enough from those to certainly not be a rip off

it's pretty obvious from your posts that you have some sort of vendetta against him too.

>>62428993

it did not "specifically effect" Kanye, he has some of the highest play counts on streaming services and his last album (3 years ago) wasn't even radio friendly.
>>
>>62428993
this is ray j posting
>>
File: big-sean-kanye-west-2015-03-08.png (226 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
big-sean-kanye-west-2015-03-08.png
226 KB, 640x480
>>62429271
>>62429333

Sell low portion of your albums is not a good thing don't forget. Next time, maybe Future will sell more than Kanye, since hes now more hot than him.

For now let's just get this "TLOP".

http://tidal.com

Next, i'll hate Drake and Thug (already flopped) too if they FLOPs. See you in April 2016.
>>
>>62429503

>being this mad at somebody who has no effect on life

baka @ trips
>>
>>62429503
why would album sales ,atter to a man who has a high end clothing line/shoes and can sell out a world tour? you're acting like he's going broke
>>
>>62426594
Confirmed for not knowing what industrial is
>>
File: kkk.png (41 KB, 128x160) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
41 KB, 128x160
>>62429761

>you're acting like he's going broke

Are you crazy? He'll unafortunately will be. Look at these recently cases:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-13/rapper-50-cent-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-in-connecticut

http://www.eonline.com/news/738279/ciara-sues-future-for-slander-and-libel-seeks-15-million

Do you think Kim & Kanye will during more than 10 year? This shit will explode. Kanye about to be Yoko One'd.

This was one of the most beta male Kanye moves of all time. Hes fucked up. Two childs... imagine a divorce happenning...

Sad.
>>
File: 1447811974881.jpg (79 KB, 591x590) Image search: [Google]
1447811974881.jpg
79 KB, 591x590
>Kayne West
FUCK OFF FUCK OFUCK OFF FUCK OFUCO FOF OFF FICL PF
>>
>>62429929
>50 Bankrupcy
It was a charter 12 or something he's not actually broke, it's used for some legal shit. Look it up.

>Ciara
Shes not brok just a salty bitch
>>
It's divisive is because Kanye fans won't admit it's shit. I know because I was one.
>>
File: brian eno.jpg (901 KB, 2324x1456) Image search: [Google]
brian eno.jpg
901 KB, 2324x1456
>>62429933
This.
>>
>>62428167
Daft Punk appear in Stronger's music video you aspie fuck, they gave him permission to use Harder Better Faster Stronger. Literally go back to Facebook.
>>
>>62429971

I like his first 5 albums but Yeezus is pretty garbage.
>>
>>62429995
Kanye a non-original for this. Can't even create a original video for this song. Ripped off "Akira" visuals. Holy shit. Why can't you admit?
>>
Only good song was Black Skinhead and even that's me reaching for something to like about it.
>>
>>62430062
A tripfag with a shit opinion, is it any surprise?
>>
>>62430104
literally no one
>>
>>62430104
You only here with a shit opinion. Kanye is garbage. Now go back to http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

>>>/hell/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>62430062
I think what everyone is forgetting about is the pathway Kanye opened up for many modern rappers. He single handedly brought suburban rap into the mainstream and thus opened up for a path to success for rappers like Gambino, J Cole, and Drake. Not to mention that his constantly evolving style has kept him relevant. If he kept releasing The College Dropout Type shit, sure he'd have a niche audience, but he wouldnt have felt the amount of success and hype he has gotten in recent years. You can talk shit all you want, but he's changed the game.
>>
File: 1422280630845s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1422280630845s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
Kanye west sucks!!!!!! fuck off kanyeposters!!
>>
>>62430139
>you're the only here with a shit opinion
look at the rest of the thread tripfag, you're all alone.
>>
I enjoyed it the first time (ie three years before when M.I.A. made it)
>>
File: eh.png (8 KB, 100x86) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
8 KB, 100x86
>>62430172

>I think what everyone is forgetting about is the pathway Kanye opened

No... no... no...

He recently won a VMA Video Vanguard video..... and hes literally the only topic of magazines/blogs like Complex Magazine, which influences mainstream hip hop a lot. Even if it's 50% black twitter memes.

Most of hip hop critics, actually looooves underground rap... WorldStar hip hop tier rappers....
>>
>>62430216
No you're the only one, faggot. The reason why you mad as shit. Kanye sucks.

>>62430262

>(ie three years before when M.I.A. made it)

Yes, this too, M.I.A. really really should me cited. Shes did more experimental stuff with hip hop than Kanye.

Shes just not too mainstream, because hip hop media, previlegies american black rappers and trashs foreign-non black rappers.
>>
>>62430276
I meant everyone in this thread, but it's /mu/ so what can I expect.
And like I said, if he kept releasing the 2002 esque shit, he'd be a niche artist, hip hop critics would drool over him but that doesnt mean he'd be nearly as successful as he is now
>>
>>62430394
I got all his music, i think i'm only missing his early DEMO tape beat, i think his run is magical. Hes an influencer, yes, this is what make me love The College Dropout so much, this is a fucking classic. But i'll critic his faults.
>>
>>62430327
Kanye frequently cites himself as innovative and forward thinking, but in reality he just popularises and appropriates what other lesser known/underground artists are doing. This is no attack on Kanye, I like him a lot. But fans and himself prize him as this organically innovative genius and it's always puzzled me a lil bit.
>>
>>62429929

p sure kim is richer than kanye
>>
File: cantfuckwye.jpg (567 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
cantfuckwye.jpg
567 KB, 728x728
>>62426437
Kanye's best album without question. I don't know why all the hate. I Love everything Kanye has ever done but I straight up have listened to YEEZUS hundreds of times and the only track I like to skip is "I'm In It" for obvious reasons.
>>
>>62430498
I completely get that, Im not trashing the college dropout era because it was great while it lasted and its still great to bump occasionally. Im not saying he's God either, he's released some trash, that yeezy track was wack, but it's ridiculous to say he stills content like soflo
>>
File: j9RxODA.jpg (506 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
j9RxODA.jpg
506 KB, 2048x1365
>>62430845
But you don't know women evil? Shit is dirty... Don't be a feminist.

>>62430753
Exatcly man. Actually i'll criticize Drake too for stealing a bit of the UK Grime, but Kanye used them with most flagrant. The chicago Drill dudes too... Keef, king louie...

>>62430753

>Kanye frequently cites himself as innovative and forward thinking

He believes racists are trying to stop him... and he constantly uses Jodorowsky philosophy... the meet of him and Jodo... is just funny.... on the movie "the holy mountain" the artist duplicates himself into clones and he screams to distinguing himself of the others, Kanye makes reference to some other movie scene i don't remember exatcly maybe a Pasolini movie, it got a Mozart "requiem" music at background... he opened Yeezus tour with this song too...

Hes all about get things from others.

>>62430989
I think he steals a lot, i think you don't get what the Book "The 48 Laws of Power", says:

"Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit"

Common, Kanye is a pop-star....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Ce78JvHM8A2OvKqx7EZ2txTjQSVA2p7sBpdg6Pdte4/edit
>>
desu anyone who doesn't like yeezus is a faggot
>>
>>62426437
upon first listen it seems like a disjointed incohesive mess but as u slowly pick up on the tonal similarities among each track it starts to form a really unique aesthetic
>>
File: New Order-Kanye West.png (488 KB, 686x694) Image search: [Google]
New Order-Kanye West.png
488 KB, 686x694
Whoever wanted more proof.
Here is the comparison, Kanye copied New Order artworks for his most experimental albums. I know one of that is the same Designer..but still a 'ripoff'.
>>
>>62430327
and p4k has a hateboner for MIA in the same way they have a normal boner for Kanye.

so that right off the bat creates a very unfavorable view of of her to a lot of hipsters.
>>
I don't love this album but I like it. What I like about it is the style, overall mood of deconstruction/anger, and the more expansive songs.
What I was frustrated by was that certain aspects of a song could sound experimental and volatile (good) while at the same time sounding rushed and pedantic (bad).
Examples:
-I love the first minute and a half of On Sight. Almost everytime I listen to that gospel sample cut in and out violently I get chills. It's the coolest part of the song and because it's never expounded upon again I have no reason to listen to the last 2 minutes whatsoever.
-I like the start of Black Skinhead & Blood on the Leaves but surprisingly to me those songs get boring fast. New Slaves really grew on me but the best part is that Frank Ocean ending that doesn't go anywhere
-I Am A God sounds really dark and powerful. It's mesmerizing and actually pretty funny but the song goes nowhere for pretty much 4 minutes
-Hold My Liquor is where the album starts to open up and really get expansive but the lyrics seem so petty and insipid. Actually the lyrics seem incredibly unimportant and copy/pasted to the song
From then on out (with the exception of how long Blood On The Leaves is) the rest of the album really does it for me. In terms of my personal enjoyment of the album, Yeezus seems really backloaded. Also while the lyrics on the first half of the album might be equally shallow and lavish as the second half, I feel like the hedonistic majesty of side B contrasts and compliments the lyrics better than the first half.
>>
>>62428596

You took it so I didn't have to. But fuck that shit I'm going to anyway.

That person is an asshole. I fucking hope they get abducted by aliens and tortured forever.
>>
great album

flawed

but great

its a self-doubting tongue-in-cheek album, but at the same time its a post-modern political statement that sums up where black society is as a whole

it may not seem amazing right now but in 20 years it will be looked at as a masterpiece conceptually

although even if you ignore the political aspect, sonically its pretty fun to listen to

one of the more interesting albums released within the past 5 years
>>
>>62426782
How is the first track experimental? It just sounds like 90's acid techno/house with a distorted squelchy bass line.
>>
>>62433207
>if it sounds like a multitude of genres, then it's not experimental
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.