[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Bowie died one month ago tonight. Do you remember where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17
File: pepe bowie 2.png (98 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
pepe bowie 2.png
98 KB, 500x505
David Bowie died one month ago tonight.
Do you remember where you were when the news hit?
>>
I was in bed browsing Facebook. When his official page posted it I thought it was some kind of promotional stunt for Blackstar. When I found out it was for real I called my best friend (huge Bowie fan) to tell him and he thought I was fucking with him
>>
>>62419972
This is pretty much how my night went as well
>>
forgive poor english, i was in apartment with eating diamond dog when friend called said "bowie is die"

-no

and you???
>>
I was on /mu/.

Then I put on Ziggy and cried myself to sleep.
>>
File: 1453023500083.jpg (153 KB, 1152x846) Image search: [Google]
1453023500083.jpg
153 KB, 1152x846
>>62419852
I got home from work and my mate called me and told me, I was convinced it was a hoax for like 2 hours until I heard to all over the news too. It was the first time I was really affected by the death of a celebrity. I ran through his entire discog again and cried.
>>
>tfw pupinia dropped you the news
>>
I just got out of the shower and was checking phone while I was drying my hair.

I listened to Low before going to bed sad.
>>
>sitting on the toilet
>decide to pull up /moo/
>see threads
>"oh hahaha hoax bullshit"
>start getting actually worried
>see his son's tweet
>cry for a whole day

He was supposed to be immortal
>>
i had literally just finished listening to Blackstar - it arrived in the mail that morning.

I loved it, so I wanted to see what /mu/ had to say about it. First thing I see is that everyone's dogpiling on someone for killing Bowie with meme magic.

Never gonna forgive that guy.
>>
>>62419852
I was in the middle of class and the professor mentioned it offhandedly, as if it was no big deal

I waited a few minutes and stepped outside
>>
was getting drunk with some friends who were bowie fans as well. Once we heard we threw all the leftover new years weed into a blunt and listened to hunky dory on surround sound. RIP the legend
>>
>David Bowie died before TLOP came out
>>
>>62420935
lucky him
>>
I'd just gotten home from a friend's house. We watched 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw the facebook post right after it posted. No comments or anything.

Spent the next hour or so trying to figure it all out.
>>
>>62419852
caught the story when it first broke while in bed, more and more kept getting packed on and unraveled but i didn't believe it until I saw his son's tweet
>>
friend told me over skype and we both just couldnt believe it, then we discussed his legacy for a bit. after we hung up i listened to blackstar and on lazarus when he sings "look up here im in heaven" i burst into tears for the remainder of the song... such a good album. played ziggy later as well
>>
I was playing Killing Floor with the online lads. One of them said "holy shit david bowie died." I said fuck off and then looked it up after the round was over and he was right.
cried when i went to bed that night.
>>
I legit thought it was a publicity stunt or some kind of performance art to go along with Blackstar.
Full blown denial for like 2 hours
>>
What was this Bowie persona called again?
>>
>>62420563
Pretty much this but without the shitting and crying. It's almost funny how not a single person believed the initial tweet even though it was from his official twitter account.
>>
>>62419852
I was going to make a troll thread saying he died
>>
Woke up for class and saw on Dumbfoundead's instagram. Didn't really believe it at first, then went to Facebook and saw my dad changed his profile photo to the "Heroes" cover. Cried in the shower.
>>
I was in the middle of guitar class when I saw a thread on /mu/ about Bowie's death.
I lost my shit internally
>>
>>62419852
breaking the chinese stock market
>>
I was in bed on my phone, when I told myself I would've slept. Saw someone ask it was true, and I felt a bad feeling coming on. Looked it up, this was probably in the first hour it was being reported. I was shaking, then it got confirmed.

I've never experienced much of death due to a lack of family and friends, but Bowie helped me at a hard time in my life. I don't think i cried so much, I could barely catch my breath. I was surprised, even though I hadn't listened to him in a few weeks until Blackstar came out. I honestly thought it might've been a Lazarus hoax, but I knew it wasn't.

I was upset, I felt so empty, I felt so pissed on how people that didn't give a shit suddenly had some deep feelings for Bowie, but I can't stop them. I'm trying to fix myself up this year, so I'm trying to do it for Bowie.
>>
File: tumblr_mtu012FLSB1qdm5ngo1_400.gif (93 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtu012FLSB1qdm5ngo1_400.gif
93 KB, 300x200
>driving home late at night
>listening to the 'alternative' radio station in my city
>Rebel Rebel is playing
>think it's weird they're playing such a mainstream track but enjoy it anyway because I like Bowie
>get home to /mu/
>pic related
>>
>>62421946
>get home to /mu/
This is the most depressing thing I've read all day.
>>
>>62421703
Bowie no Piku
>>
>>62419852
i went onto pitchfork to check the news, i did a doubletake
>>
>>62419852
No because I didn't give a fiddlers fuck.
>>
I wasn't posting a bunch of frog pics like a total faggot I know that
>>
I was shitposting on /mu/ not even gonna lie
>>
File: 1284832554516.png (81 KB, 428x417) Image search: [Google]
1284832554516.png
81 KB, 428x417
>Mom wakes me up just to tell me
>>
Woke up after sleeping for a few hours after dinner to get some work done in the early AM (I do customer service email stuff) and at about 2am EST check Facebook to find that it's the top trending news. Google that shit and realize it's true and immediately feel fucking weird because I had been talking with my best friend a day or two before Blackstar came out and we were talking about where he'd go from there and my reaction was "These are so great, but they sound like this last hurrah and it's gonna come out and then he's gonna fucking die."

I really wasn't fucking prepared for it to actually happen, let alone feel like when my grandfather died. I wasn't prepared to actually fucking cry for a dude I figured I'd never meet. I knew I cared but I didn't realize how much I relied on the concept of him being alive and in the world and the dim hope of actually getting to eventually meet him and try, in the remotest sense, to tell him how his work really helped me figure out how to at least get myself through life. The entire morning was so fucking quiet and cold and there was just this sort of "Fred Roosevelt died last night" feeling about everybody I met in town that day.

It hurt.
>>
File: 1408644569503.png (655 KB, 636x598) Image search: [Google]
1408644569503.png
655 KB, 636x598
>Watching Lost Highway for the first time, as I heard it was a great David Lynch film
>Hear the title song
>It's a song by Bowie, holy shit
>Film turned out to be a perfect 10
(Trent Reznor, Rammstein and Marilyn Manson also did songs for the film, and Angelo Badalamenti had a free jazz track too, for the /mu/tants interested)
>It ended with Bowie's song as well
>Go to rave about it to my family
>See them watching the news
>See the headline
>David Bowie has died

I guess I couldn't have paid better tribute to him unknowingly than to watch a film with a great song by him in it as he died, but still.

I then watched Labyrinth (for the first time) the next day out of respect - and goddamn if it didn't turn out to be another masterpiece.
>>
I was at Tim Hortons with a friend and he went up to order so I quickly checked facebook at the first thing I saw was RIP Bowie and he came back and saw I had a horrified look on my face so I went to search it up to see if it was real and it was.

It was the first celeb death I ever really felt.
>>
File: heroes-david-bowie.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
heroes-david-bowie.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
I got home listening to Heroes. Spent about five minutes looking at my phone trying to impersonate the album cover on spotify, pic related. Paused it, went upstairs and took a triple S; came back down to cook myself dinner and found out he'd died about an hour ago.

So I was probably impersonating him at the moment he passed away. Which is kind of cool for him, when you think about it, being that interesting and out there that random people 30 years after your musical peak are still imitating you on a whim.

I bothered to take a picture of my lock screen when I heard. It's was a neat anecdote for a bit.
>>
Sitting in the kitchen talking to one of my flatmates, when a different flatmate came out to tell us. We thought she was fucking with us at first.
>>
I woke up to see posts on facebook about his death since I fell asleep with my laptop on my bed. I literally thought I was dreaming. I was going to wake up, bowie would still be alive and things would be ok.
>>
>>62419852
I was in a hotel room in Las Vegas, puking and shitting my guts out
>>
i don't really care about david buoy all that much but the fact that it's already been a month is kinda worrisome to me, i feel like all the posts were just a few days ago and i don't really remember the last month aside from a few select events

i think this site is actually deteriorating my brain away
>>
>>62421091
This desu
>>
>>62422676
your obesity killed him btw
>>
>listening to blackstar for the hundredth time and enjoying the fuck out of it
>message from steam friend
>did david bowie really die
>looked through my facebook and twitter feeds at warp speed
>it's real
>went to bed hoping I was just imagining things
>had a dream about him that night
>woke up, realizing it's real
>listened to the song "Bring Me The Disco King" while crying for the entire day
>>
File: 643558_1297903869645_full.jpg (38 KB, 720x489) Image search: [Google]
643558_1297903869645_full.jpg
38 KB, 720x489
I was at home, having a good old time. I was drinking and playing games with friends, talking over skype, playing a game we'd played for over a decade now. I decided to took a break, checked Facebook, and saw it. The official page is one of the only things I pay attention to on there. I saw it within an hour.

Just stopped talking, told them he had passed. Got up, took a large glass of whiskey, and came back to them an hour later considerably more drunk. He's everything I want to be, he is an absolute hero to me and the model for my work and aspirations. I will live up to it, I will try and fill that hole he left, somehow, by making my own space out in the world, but it was devastating, of course. Still kind of getting over it, only time a celebrity death kind of hit me this way.
>>
remember the first hour or so of the news breaking where we all tried to convince ourselves it was a hoax

that was depressing
>>
Just came home from school, first post is was
"Breaking news : Bowie found dead at 69"
> wtf
come to /mu/ to confirm the bullshit news
> heh, plebs wont get that this is a marketing stunt, /mu/ fags have surely discovered the masterplan
> RIP Bowie sticky
text my gf "Bowie is dead"
proceed to listen random songs while my gf talks to me on the phone
cry later
>>
i was taking a shower when my brother bursted in the bathroom and told me that Bowie had died
i almost cried, and my day was ruined
>>
I was at a Jimmy Carr concert when I found out. Looked at my phone at the intermission and honestly couldn't believe it. I talked to the couple beside me about how we both enjoyed his music. At the end of the night Jimmy gave a shout out to David.
>>
I was in bed when a friend text me some strange shit like "and now bowie". Didn't paid much attention and tried to get back to sleep but i felt something was wrong. Connect to some news web site on my phone and discover the news. Cried all day while listening to Blackstar on repeat mode.
>>
>>62419972
>When his official page posted it I thought it was some kind of promotional stunt for Blackstar
Well it kind of was
>>
File: 13252342342.jpg (101 KB, 456x345) Image search: [Google]
13252342342.jpg
101 KB, 456x345
On /mu/ actually. Within 20 minutes of the initial death tweet and everyone here was convinced it was fake.
>>
File: lazarus.gif (1000 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
lazarus.gif
1000 KB, 500x275
>wake up to messages from several friends
>"bowie :(" "RIP" etc
>all my friends know I'm a huge Bowie fan
>bust up laptop and confirm the news
>cry
>cancel plans for the day
>go to pub while waiting for weed dealer
>old drunks giving me looks as I don't fit in
>go home and smoke 'till I pass out
>same evening, call my dad
>talk to him for half an hour
>mfw he got to see Bowie twice
>mfw I never saw him

why live
>>
>>62420189
Holy shit what a pussy
>>
File: 1449101666665.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1449101666665.png
57 KB, 276x256
>>62419852
December 2015 and January 2016 will forever be a haze to me.

>Girlfriend of 8 years breaks up around christmas
>LCD Soundsystem release a single on christmas day called "Christmas Will Break Your Heart"
>They later announce they're coming back, t-this time we'll try even harder!
>Bowie dies
>Lemmy dies
>Otis Clay dies

just fuck my shit up
>>
File: image_2.gif (948 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
image_2.gif
948 KB, 266x200
I was about to turn out for the night but before I did, I went through Instagram because fuck it
A friend posted him with the caption "rip"

I didn't believe it

Came here to check

Realize that the creator of the music I used to get teased for liking and listening to back in school has passed on

I was always told as a kid that it was stupid to cry over someone you didn't personally know, but I broke that fucking rule that day.
>>
>>62423592
neo-males, everybody
>>
>>62419852
I was pushing through the market square.
>>
Wake up, looked at phone, saw a shittone of message, my friends know that i'm a huge bowie fan.
Didnt leave bed.
Fuck this day.
>>
>>62422432
>I really wasn't fucking prepared for it to actually happen, let alone feel like when my grandfather died. I wasn't prepared to actually fucking cry for a dude I figured I'd never meet. I knew I cared but I didn't realize how much I relied on the concept of him being alive and in the world and the dim hope of actually getting to eventually meet him and try, in the remotest sense, to tell him how his work really helped me figure out how to at least get myself through life.

This is exactly how I felt and what I thought. You put it in better words than I could, anon.
>>
>>62423869
ffs
>>
>>62423799
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>62423938
>lets sit in bed crying all day cause david bowie died

you're just proving /pol/ right
>>
>>62423971
>>62423971
Ii got misty eyed a couple of times but I never shut down over it.
>>
>>62423619
no, blackstar was a promotional stunt for bowie's death
>>
I was in class when some dude just went like: "Ey guys, David Bowie died".
First time a celebrity death made me feel sth
>>
was watching a csgo stream, and one of the guys the streamer is skyping says, "Dude, david bowie died."
streamer says "literally who?"
Close twitch, and google it to confirm
RIP bowie
>>
I had just woken up. My friend texted me around 5 am and told me Bowie died. I thought he was just fucking with me until I went online and saw it was real :(
>>
>>62424153
I've honestly never been a huge Bowie fan but I completely understood the influence and general presence the guy had and when I saw he had died (Facebook news on the sidebar, I know, don't tell me how much Facebook sucks, I know) it hit me really hard for some reason
>>
Smoking dank while shitposting on /tv/. Listened to Lazarus/Blackstar and cried for hours.
>>
I was at work and a m8 of mine was listening to the radio and they said Bowie had died. I didn't believe it when he told me and I found no news articles about it when I googled it so I just shrugged it off. Then I went to the toilet and decided to check mu and noticed the sticky. I only listened to his albums for three weeks.
>>
I was really really sick in bed, waking up in a cold sweat about every other hour, and I think it was like 5 am when I woke up and looked at facebook and saw the news, but I was way too sick to process it until a few days later
>>
File: 1422995375505.png (51 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1422995375505.png
51 KB, 398x409
In the parking lot of a hotel in Kentucky at 10am, on tour with a pop band. Didn't hit me until later in the day. We played a show that night at a small punk bar and they had Bowie on the whole night
>>
>crying over peole that you never met and who personally wouldn't give a flying fuck if you die
>>
Got dumped just that night, was doing great, actually really happy i was out of the relationship. Friend calls me at 3 am to tell me Bowie's dead and I cried like a fucking baby. His music got me through some rough as hell times, and stopped me in the middle of a suicide attempt. RIP Bowie
>>
>>62419852
Jerking it to faggoty trap hentai at 3 am with a Vinesauce stream in the background
The game he was playing had Bowie music in it too
>>
>>62419852
fucking wife
>>
I spent that day at Disneyland with my now ex-girlfriend and my sisters; it's weird too because we were listening to him on the way over there and back. I found out when I got back home and it was a bummer.
>>
>>62419852
>Be sleeping
>Phone buzzes
>Wake up and check phone, news app giving me a notification on the news
>Put iPod on shuffle songs and lie back in bed
>Second song that comes on is changes
>Feels
>>
oh david bowie died. then went on about my day
>>
>wake up, 6am
>friend comes round to pick me up
>"oh i just missed it, but someone famous has died apparently"
>"...but let's listen to the new bowie album instead, haven't got round to it yet"
>listen all the way through, turn up to work just on time
>walk in, read through twitter feed and realise he was confirmed dead

was a surreal experience, yo.
>>
Believe it or not, I was actually posting on /mu/ when I heard the news. At first I thought it was a hoax..........
>>
>>62419852
Still mourning...need a black armband.
>>
>>62423651
Dumb weeaboo holy shit
>>
I literally saw the first post about it, like everyone I thought it was a joke and it got deleted afterwards. Then more threads started coming up... Theories about his death being a hoax... I wanted to believe, but when his son made that tweet I knew it was real. I listened to "Heroes" in its entirety that night.
>>
>>62419852
i bet you were one of those queer bait losers who posted shit like this about robin williams

go back to r e ddit already
>>
>>62419852
/mu/

Anyone saying otherwise is a liar.
>>
>>62427939
>in its entirety
>40 minutes
>entirety

why are Bowie stans such plebs
>>
File: doom paul 2.jpg (62 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
doom paul 2.jpg
62 KB, 450x304
>>62419852
>listening to BlackStar
>I didn't suspect Bowie to die since it was typical of him to make weird eerie music
>shitposting on /mu/
>see's the news
>freaked the fucked out since a few days earlier a /mu/tant predicted that he will die when Blackstar came out. (2 days off but still close)
>Freaked the fuck out and at the same time full of remorse
>went to bed knowing that David Bowie haunted his new album.
>>
>January 8th listen to Blackstar
>Really excited and hopeful for David Bowie's new music
>January 9th in Soho, part of me hoping to bump into him
>Still super excited to hear his next album hope Lazarus has new dates.
>January 10th delude myself into thinking he might tour again so I can see him.
>So happy for all the Bowie happening.
>Decide not to check my phone before going to sleep.
>Have a dream that I met David Bowie on the street and we hang out.
>January 11th
>Wake up from dream of happiness all smiles.
>Check my phone texts in group chat.
>"David Bowie died he had cancer for the past 18 months"

fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 798x770
>>62421091
>>
I found out the day after. I woke up for work at 5am, turned on my computer, opened reddit and it was the top post. I didn't even understand what I was reading and I was just kind of lost all day, waiting for my best friend to message me so we could talk about it.

I told my coworker, and after the initial shock wore off he told me that in the video for China Girl he was actually having sex with that girl. Then he said he was going to watch it that night and cheer him on.
>>
>A few months before Black Star comes out I heard he isn't touring anymore
>Tell my brother we'll probably never see him live, he thinks I'm just being cynical so I go out and buy Reality Tour just so I can hear later day Bowie live. 10/10 sweet fuck what an album!
>Black Star comes out. I liked it a lot. Still trying to make sense of it all. Curious what his next album would be like.
>Late night, playing some Metal Gear Solid V. Make my Venom Snake David Bowie because I had the option of two colored eyes.
>Listen to Earthling while traveling because why not.
>This track comes on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORAPdqpsRg

David Bowie passed away that night....
>I love it and play it on repeat. Fall asleep in my comfy chair. Wake up the next day.... I remember having chills, everything about Black Star made sense now. It felt like a wet blanket was thrown over me. Super eerie man. My Mom wake me up. "HEY ANON YOUR IDOL PASSED AWAY!" Fuck me. Last thing I heard from him was "Nothing ever goes away" what a perfect farewell.
>Weeks later, I see a photo of him saluting. Space Oddity randomly started playing on my radio. "Tell my wife I love her." I cry. God, he's gone but he'll live on in our hearts and spirits. This is good. Bye David.
>>
was sitting in bed at 6 in the morning, and it slowly started appearing on Twitter until everyone was expressing disingenuous grief
>>
>out of town in a hotel room
>i wake up in the morning
>check my phone, see a text from friend.
>"...also david bowie is dead, you killed him"
>think he's joking with me because he said i killed david bowie, which is obviously not true
>look on reddit later to check news
>everywhere saying david bowie is kill
>no
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.