[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I kill myself or keep writing music. Sometimes it feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 402x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 402x385
Should I kill myself or keep writing music. Sometimes it feels like I need to know the secret password to get into the industry. It's difficult staying alive and the idea of having albums released and being able to tour are kind of the only things that make me want to live.
>>
>>62393498
Keep writing music. Just shill the shit out of your stuff.
>>
>>62393498
A lot of great bands/artists started out as cover bands or making pop music. I think you should do that to get noticed before heading the direction you really want to go.
>>
>>62393498
become a scene band and cater yourself to 12 year olds. only way to get big anymore. also ppmd kreygasm
>>
who is your main op
>>
>>62393634
probably fox with a pussy ass post like that
>>
>>62393498

I can tell you right now OP that fame and success does not equate to happiness--
the happiness that you cannot find within yourself.
>>
>>62393498
>aaron is an EG fan
and i thought the man couldnt get any more based
>>
>>62393498
contact Marcel i'm not joking he literally helped get my music covered on major music sites
>>
>>62393729
post your music
>>
>>62393791
i'm from this collective. marcel posted about this tracks of ours first and then he sent it to The 405 and then they picked it up:

http://www.thefourohfive.com/music/article/the-left-field-theory-blue-november-zae-the-philosopher-and-nelson-join-forces-in-ideology-145
>>
>>62393729
thanks but that sounds like a joke
>>62393634
falco
>>62393652
ft5 if u fuckin casual. even the fact that you think maining fox is something to be embarrassed about means you def cant even get out of pools at your locals
>>62393559
look buddy just because i want to die doesnt mean im going to stop writing tracks and cover shania twain. but thanks anyway
>>62393515
thanks
>>
>62393498
if you are truly passionate about the music itself, the fame and recognition wont help you, but the music will. good luck my friend.
>>
>>62393840
>sounds like a joke
see:
>>62393820
>>
>>62393857
its not the fame and recognition for me. its just being able to write music and go around the world and get to write more and more music and not have to financially support my entire project myself. i dont care if anyone knows my name or who i am in fact i would prefer to never get famous, that shit is bad news. i just want to be able to do this
>>
>>62393859
cool glad to see it worked out. will maybe try that out sometime
>>
To be honest m8 the major music industry is fuled by coke money if you want money fast your gonna end up like scarface. Real musicians last the test of time by making good music, not by appealing to the standards of a major industry that can be fucked up like big oil at times.
>>
>>62393960
i see. i dont want major, i just want a decent enough amount of people to have heard my music and for it to have somehow actually helped then emotionally. like 40k views on my best music video is the level id be comfortable at
>>
Keep writing music!!
>>
Please don't kill yourself, you're worth more than that.
>>
>>62394170
thanks bud. maybe this thread is a little melodramatic but sometimes your lows are really low ya know? much love.
>>
Post music OP, dont be a bitch
>>
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>62393729
fuck off, Marcel
>>
I'm just here for the PPMD pic desu
>>
>>62394791
who
>>
>>62394671
what did i just say:
>>62393820
>>
>>62394573
no thanks, i'd rather not have 4chan follow my career around. i respect you guys but you know it gets out of hand. also this is put of character for me to be talking like the way i do in OP since today is an especially difficult day for me
>>
File: cjZwTS9.png (84 KB, 496x495) Image search: [Google]
cjZwTS9.png
84 KB, 496x495
Keep making music.

How could anyone make such a picture like that of the good doctor?
>>
>>62395821
PPMD Kreygasm
>>
>>62395821
PPMD Kreygasm
>>
>>62395821
PPMD Kreygasm
>>
>>62395821
PPs gotta go to tournaments again. hes fallen behind pretty far from the gods, honestly the only reason he's ranked 5th is because he can still compete with armada. hes been slipping up against players below top 10. i know hes dealin with depression but he honestly just needs to go to tournaments and enjoy playing melee and make it not a part of his depression. melee aint a part of mine.
>>
>>62396145
>again

he never went, he just goes to a few big stuff a year

he's also not fifth, he's 6th under M2K who's fifth
>>
>>62396220
ouch really? that smarts

he used to go more. and even then, he cant just go to apex and evo then expect to do well at summit. you can only go so far on videos and practice even when youre ppmd
>>
>>62395821
TWITCH MEMES ON /mu/ Kreygasm
PPMD Kreygasm
>>
>>62396264
oh and he got over his depression, but now he has low test and some other thing

his test is slowly rising after treatments though
>>
>>62395821
PPMD Kreygasm
>>
File: m2k.png (226 KB, 641x469) Image search: [Google]
m2k.png
226 KB, 641x469
>>62395821
>>
>PPMD is the only one that can put Armada in his place
>the next tournament he'll go to is summit in April
>>
>>62396558
whaaat really? i did not know that. is he on hormone treatment? that would explain some things
>>
>>62396689
no one can beat armada now that he's gone 20XX
>>
>>62396705
no idea, he had this twitlong thing he posted
>>
>>62396706
nyeh. armadas gonna start getting beaten by hard reads and fox 0 deaths. youll see him pull out the peach more in 2016, trust me.
>>
>>62396743
that's what makes him so deadly, if you adapt to his fox he just switches to peach and skullfucks you anyway
>>
Well, definitely don't kill yourself. I almost did that once after I failed out of college for the second time and even though that really blew I'm doing a lot better now. Actually, it's been making music that helped me get through it - I havent actually writing anything new, but I've been recording some stuff I've been working on and just feeling like you've made something important, even if it's only important to me, makes me really excited to be alive.

As for breaking into the industry, I try to stick to a fake-it-til-ya-make-it mindset. Basically, practice a lot and get better at making music (you can always get better at making music, there are so many different things you can know and do with it), be careful about what you release (IMO a smaller catalog of really great stuff>a bigger but less consistent catalog. Suck it GBV fans), and release your own stuff. Also get a band together and play shows if you can (unless you're like an electronic producer or something idk what gigs are like for them), that's the best way to get a local following going and having one of those is a real good way to get a music career started. I haven't actually done the playing shows thing yet though so that advice is mostly speculative. More importantly than anything else, though, you have to give yourself time to do all of that - overnight success may seem like how the music industry works, because at a certain level it kind of does, but it doesn't make for a good game plan. Good music takes time to make. A lot of time. Time that requires you to not be dead, basically.

>tl;dr keep writing music
>>
>>62396824
Oh fuck damn I wrote this whole thing without realizing the subject had changed to eSports

I don't follow the competitive Smash scene, I was never good enough at the game to understand what was going on.
>>
>>62393498
P Kreygasm P Kreygasm M Kreygasm D Kreygasm

tolping aside, make music for you, not for success
>>
>>62393498
what kinda music do you make?
>>
>>62396911
post-punk
>>
even the successful ones barely make a living
>>
>>62397051
Post punk is an amazing genre with a lot of room for innovation, don't give up!
>>
tfw constantly shifting my focus between melee and music looking to find happiness in either but I feel like I'm just ending up lackluster in both
>>
>>62397175
are there really so many people playing melee on mu? this is pretty cool
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.