[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oasis live at Glastonbury '94
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UEeYg7wDQ

Fucking mega gig
>>
>>62388337
One for the #lads to discuss in the pub for years to come. Oi oi! #musicbanter #realrocknroll
>>
Greatest band of all time lads
>>
Oasis are the biggest and grandest shitpost of music history.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB8vXZCLSTI

Fucking mega gig
>>
FOOKIN MAD FER IT
>>
Name one decent band who could be classed as Britpop that aren't called Pulp or Suede who were anywhere near being good.
>>
Oasis the new queen
>>
>>62388732
Blur
Super Furry Animals
Ride
The Boo Radleys

there's 4
>>
>just because they were popular, then they were good

fuck off pleb
>>
>>62389054
Blur are patronising. Good for the first few months and then irritating as all hell.

Those other three got lumped with the Britpop label when all three were doing fairly different kinda stuff, weren't they? There's a big problem with Britpop. It's a total false label applied by lazy journalists who just gave anything with a bowlcut and a Gibson a 4 star review.
>>
>>62388732

Cast
>>
>>62388732
Manic Street Preachers
>>
>>62389201
A naff Guided by Voices with worse lyrics
>>
>>62388732
Pulp and Suede both fucking suck

Only good britpop is Oasis and Ride
>>
>>62389237
Not Britpop at all. Their first album sounds like Guns n Roses meets Billy Bragg. Holy Bible is Magazine meets Rush.
>>
>>62389315
>Not Britpop at all
yeah - they are
EMG, This is My Truth and KYE are all britpop albums to a certain extent
>>
>>62389315
Pulp aren't Britpop either by that measure, considering they sounded like Abba meets the Fall.
>>
>>62389417
To what extent? That they were made when Blur and Oasis were popular?

>>62389436
They aren't really, but most people say Pulp whenever someone brings up good Britpop. I agree with you.
>>
>>62389570
The extent is that you blow dogs for money
>>
Oasis are the only good britpop and Noel is the only cunt in music who has an opinion worth listening to.
>>
I love oasis and I wish I saw them live in the 90s
>>
File: gabriel92.jpg (23 KB, 312x294) Image search: [Google]
gabriel92.jpg
23 KB, 312x294
God we're insignificant
>>
File: oKZzQ.jpg (124 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
oKZzQ.jpg
124 KB, 800x1160
jesus britpop is one of the worst musical genres of all time, especially if you actually live in the UK and have to deal with the debris and after-effects of this terrible retarded shit kill me
>>
>>62391728
>p is one of the worst musical genres of all time, especially if

it's not . the truth is , no fucker could do any better afetr

thats why were'e here amd so moisreable

that was as good as it got

it's been 20 years of johnny mar side progects pr psul weller might have ababy ever sonce

they should put cyanide in thames water,
>>
>>62389054
Ride and The Boo Radleys were shoegazers
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>
File: foo2013feat.jpg (181 KB, 620x407) Image search: [Google]
foo2013feat.jpg
181 KB, 620x407
>>62391784
and that is the truth, but America is no better

they have spent years trying to build their little poppets , who can now just about fill a hall

I can well imagine some black kid sweeping the borad , or a bloke in pyjamas,

maybe belly re-united is the turning point
>>
darts, noe that's a good night out
>>
>>62388732
Stereolab?

Can they be considered Britpop?
>>
>>62388337
>whole band in top form
>just Liam on vocals
>that false start to C&A leading into Live Forever
>literally no obnoxious banter between Liam and Noel or Liam drunkenly mumbling gibberish into the mic every few minutes
>that ending to I Am the Walrus where Liam and Noel leave the rest of the band on their own
This is actually pretty damn good
>>
>>62388337
I follow Radio X for some reason on FB and all they do is post about Oasis or something Noel or Liam did/said/drank. Are they still that relevant in the UK?
>>
you will shoot me, won't you, if it ever
>>
>>62391963
lol no white boy
>>
BECAUSE MAYBE
>>
>>62391992
See oasis is not all that bad
>>
>>62388337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6439gMO3mIw

Fucking mega crowd
>>
>>62392247
The problem with Oasis is that they didn't know when to just fucking quit already.
>>
When will this meme die? We all know Pulp, Suede and Manic Street Preachers, and some other bands were leagues ahead Oasis, outside these bands britpop was derivative rubbish, post-britpop is the worst thing ever and shoegaze was all around a better genre. Can we let this thread die already?
>>
>>62392518
>liking Oasis
>meme
It's not a meme, it's just that it's no longer trendy to shit on them and neo-/mu/ has questionable taste.

"Blur are shit" was totally a meme though. That needs to stay dead tbqh.
>>
>>62392336
eh. obviously they peaked in the 90s but its not like they released a particularly bad record in the 2000s. two of them are good (sotsog and dbtt), one is decent (doys) and one is kinda meh (hc).
>>
>>62392680
Honestly, even Oasis' best 00s work doesn't hold a candle to their 90s stuff. Liam's fucked up voice being one of the main contributing factors to that.
>>
>>62392711
I agree completely but I still wouldn't say the albums are bad by any means. Just not nearly as good. The songs sung by Noel stand up though cuz his voice improved over the years somehow. Saw him live a few months ago and the fact that his voice not only stayed good but is maybe better after 20 years or whatever is crazy
>>
>>62392801
Oh yeah, Noel is a much better singer nowadays since he was super pitchy and off-key when he was younger.
>>
>>62392801
I agree.
I really wish that they broke up before HC and ️did solo stuff. Noel has some great solo stuff
>>
I unironically like early Oasis.
>>
>>62394289
Me too
>>
>>62394289
same desu

Memers and haters fuck off
>>
>>62388732
Oasis

That was easy
>>
>>62392801
It's probably because I guess Noel uses more of a proper singing technique which doesn't sound harsh. Liam obviously peaked much higher but he wore out his voice in only a few years.He must have had singing lessons or something because most rock vocalists use techniques that sound great but destroy their voices in a short period of time.
>>
>>62395292
Yeah, Liam really tried to go all punk on his voice. It used to be super boyish and tenor-like in the early 90s.
>>
>>62395360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmC3553Q3Fo

his voice changed a lot in just a couple of years. obviously from overuse of improper techniques.
>>
>>62389315
They're shite
>>
>>62395397
Yeah to go from that to this in less than 5 years is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBDBXKiqfw
>>
>>62388666
Jesus Christ, that looks like the worst fucking concert ever.

>That crowd
>>
truly the goat
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.