[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody listened to this yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: e314c624[1].jpg (117 KB, 658x651) Image search: [Google]
e314c624[1].jpg
117 KB, 658x651
Anybody listened to this yet?
>>
So far reception seems to be mostly negative.
>>
>>62007324
yeah it sucks. sjw can't make music worth a damn,
needs to leave it to the big boys like dean blunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mY16aM4uhg
>>
I did and i'm not a little impressed. I really liked Genre Specific Xperience, but I must say after that she did nothing ultimately interesting. and I really tried to dig Asiatsch
>>
I got bored two songs in and switched to something else.

I hate it when an album is so predictable and unsubtle that you know exactly what it is, what it's about, and what it's going to sound like by reading the title and looking at the cover.
>>
>>62007426
Well her later albums have been way more political, and have mostly been interesting I think. This album however feels like the music itself doesn't carry nearly the weight the subject carries.
>>
DUDE POLICE BRUTALITY LMAO XD
>>
all style no substance like all her music
but this one is particularly bad since it tries so hard
>>
>>62007627
Well it is a real issue, although I feel like a lot of artists choose the most obvious and uninteresting way to handle it. I think it's the albums downfall, it's too preoccupied with making a big statement for one side that it forgets to make the music as nuanced as the issue at hand. Well, that and the music is pretty boring.
>>
>>62007754
Nah, I feel like it tries less than her earlier work. Asiatisch handled a pretty subtle subject, exploring both grime as well as perceived asian identity in the digital age. This one is pretty straightforward and doesn't feel inspired in the least, almost like she doesn't really care too much about what she's talking about.
>>
alternate album art
>>
if Rage Against the Machine made new age music

Pure Moods Against the Machine
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.