[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1280x1280.jpg (288 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
288 KB, 1280x1280
I don't get it.
>>
>>62004708
It's an essential post-ironic album. It's deliberately quirky to make it seem as if it's kind of a joke, but it's actually got good songwriting and some decent tongue-in-cheek lyrics
>>
>>62004719
What the heck do you mean, "post ironic?"
Ween have had the humor since the beginning of their career, the songwriting has only improved over time.
>>
>>62004788
Oh, no I think they're funny as hell, but what I'm trying to get at is that although they jest, there's actually a lot of substance.
>>
>>62004708

This album is where ween and I parted ways. It was a good run.
>>
>>62004839
Agreed but I'm just not clear on the term. I also forgot that a lot of people tend to think that humor devalues music. Their loss, really.
>>
I'm gonna check this album out later today. I have absolutely no idea what to expect.
>>
>>62005010
OCEAN MAN
>>
HEY LITTLE BOY WHAT YOU GOT THERE?
>>
>>62005010
i think you'll be pleasantly surprised
>>
>>62005022
KIND SIR, IT'S A MOLLUSK I'VE FOUND
>>
>but it's fun and wackyyyyyyyy :)! *plays waving dick in the wind song to parents*
>>
File: Ween.jpg (115 KB, 540x517) Image search: [Google]
Ween.jpg
115 KB, 540x517
>>62004708
>>
>>62006477
>trying to push a third wave revival of the spork meme
embarrassing
>>
>>62006493
>liking comedy stoner band
embarrassing

I suppose you watch south park and Beavis and Butt-Head
>>
>>62006534
It's ok not everyone has to like Ween. I can see why you don't like them. Haven't watched South Park since my junior year in high school and that was five years ago. Never watched Beavis and Butt-Head but i have heard good things about it
>>
File: løghiu.jpg (207 KB, 680x473) Image search: [Google]
løghiu.jpg
207 KB, 680x473
>>62006534
>>
>>62004708
A CHILD WITHOUT AN EYEEEEE
>>
Every song that sounds serious is actually just nonsense and every song that sounds silly actually has a deeper meaning. Yes, this includes Waving my Dick in the Air.
>>
>>62006635
MADE HIS MOTHER CRY
>>
>>62006927
It's Gonna Be Alright and the last track are pretty non ironic
>>
ween are literally just the beatles if they took more weed and made more songs like wild honey pie at the mall
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.