[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you plebs hate this? is kinda comfy tbqh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg (47 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg
47 KB, 350x350
Why do you plebs hate this? is kinda comfy tbqh
>>
>noise isn't music meme
>>
Its entry level as fuck, listen to some real noise you /v/irgin.
>>
i like it but fuck you on principle OP & anybody who shares my viewpoint but for the wrong reasons, & also fuck anybody who thinks that there is a right or wrong reason to agree on a given issue

just fuck you & music in general

also i like getting high to this so there you go
>>
>>61999652
Noise can give you comfort and discomfort, more than anything sufjn or anco have done.
>>
>>62000031
ok but MPP makes me feel happy as fuck
>>
>>61999674
>Its entry level as fuck
so what
>le because is obsucre is better may may
>>
>>62000119
If someone is going to make a thread deriding people for being plebs because they allegedly don't like something, they better post some above average shit not something everyone and their mother has heard when getting into the genre.

This is a shit thread and OP should feel bad.
>>
The worst meme on /mu/ is that noise is good but this album isn't. Noise IS good and this album is a good noise album. People listen to Jason Crumer once and say "wow the only good noise is western noise" "japanoise sucks" "merzbow is just noise for the sake of noise"
>>
>>62000177
Smh, its popular because it's good Senpai.
>>
>>62000213
it's really stupid how many people on here who claim to be way into noise have no understanding of how important merzbow is
it irritates me far more than it should
>>
>>62000031
AnCo can definitely give you discomfort. Have you listened to STGSTV? The high notes on that album are actually painful. Great stuff though.

Anyway, Pulse Demon is okay. My faves are Aqua Necromancer and Door Open At 8AM though.
>>
>>62000304
I think the main reason is his impenetrably large discography.
>>
>>62000256
It is good yeah, but its not something you wave around like a badge of honor to show how above plebs you are like OP is

Honestly no album should be used like that, he's a massive faggot and if I knew him irl I'd kick him down a flight of stairs.
>>
>>62000304
>no understanding of how important merzbow

ok so Ive given him a listen previously, I can appreciate noise music as a tool for meditation and as something to cleanse the pallet. How is it important? was he the first?
>actual question and just curious about the genre as a whole
>>
>>62000256
no, it's popular because of its gimmicky album cover and the fact that it came out on a popular metal label
this board has a thing for gimmicky album covers
it's a mediocre album by 90s merzbow standards and a shit one by 80s merzbow standards
>>
>>62000601
>was he the first?

one of the first, yeah
a lot of the directions which would go on to be explored in depth by other artists and movements in noise were laid out by him all the way in the 80s
>>
>>62000586
It's also an album many people know due to its popularity, and many people know of it and recognize the cover who haven't even listened to it, so it makes it a useful image to use to start a plebbaiting thread like this one, rather than some omg so obscure xD noise album that nobody will recognize so won't open the thread.
>>
>>62000610
you've been tricked by the its popular therefore it's bad crowd I'm afraid.
it's literally exemplary merzbow and it sucks becuase merzbow sucks but if you like Merzbow then you wouldn't shit on this album for any other reason than that it's popular, period.
>>
>>62000630
I was definitely surprised to find out some of his most popular works were from the 90's. Who else was in the noise game that early?
>>
>>62000661
you wouldn't listen to merzbow for any other reason than that he's unpopular
>>
>>62000743
if you listened to music because it was unpopular why would you listen to literally the most popular noise memer?
>>
>>62000742
Aube was pretty influential in the 90s
>>
>tfw not even halfway through first listen of the merzbox
IT'S JUST SO MUCH
>>
>>62000742
>90s
>early
Luigi Russolo would like to have a word with you
>>
>>62000851
thanks.

follow up question, is there really anything else in the genre to be explored? I feel the relationship to shoegaze (e.g. Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - A Year With 13 Moons), this exploration of soundscapes, but what could be left? I love the sounds created by what would come off as "broken" instruments or byproducts or using musical advancements incorrectly, but if Merzbow has been exploring that since the 90's, how can it continue now as just noise "music". Does it seem like it's over?

like vaporwave to me is dead, it was a venture worth exploring, but to keep creating vaporwave seems like it's missing the point of making something new. You can take influence from the point in time, but to try to recreate it seems redundant.
>>
>>62000336
>actually painful
That album is believed to cause tinnitus upon its first listen.
>>
>>62001078
Kazuma Kubota - Utsuroi was an album which came out last yr. It was unlike anything I have heard. The thing about noise is that there are an infinite number of possible waveforms, so in theory the genre will never die.
>>
1930 is the best Merzbow album

Prove me wrong
>>
>>62001059
that's impressive, links in the archive are dead :(
>>
>>62000610
>this board has a thing for gimmicky album covers
is this shade to MPP
>>
>>62001198
Yes, MPP already sounds dated after only 6 years.
>>
>>62001126
thanks, downloading now.

>The thing about noise is that there are an infinite number of possible waveforms, so in theory the genre will never die.
I get that, but like from what I have listened to (read: merzbow), there's not much structure to his music. That's kind of where, for me, it's a pallet cleanser. I couldn't really listen to it in much other environments other than at home, bored with my own music collection.
>>
>>62000054
Same here
>>
>>62000878
Why are you doing this to yourself?
masochist?
>>62001184
I've only got a couple tracks of his music on various early noise/electronic/dada compilations, would you me to upload either comp?
I've got A Young Person's Guide to the Avant-Garde and Futurism & Dada Reviewed
>>
>>62001229
>MPP already sounds dated after only 6 years.
>dated
enough with this faux-criticism meme
>>
>>62001362
sure man, ill be on for a bit longer, appreciate it.
>>
>>62001095
its not
belive me
Danse Manatee last track in the other hand...
>>
>>62001394
>>62001362
oh and i'll just take one of those comps, whatever you like more
>>
>>62001394
>>62001409
https://mega.nz/#F!4gtRAACJ!_9eFRHalyDm6vuGf8A1OLQ
>>
>>62001458
sick thanks
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.