[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is she right /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19
File: k.png (114 KB, 644x633) Image search: [Google]
k.png
114 KB, 644x633
is she right /mu/?
>>
literally who
>>
yes.

whenever i find someone that likes animal collective they also like vampire weekend, of montreal, and other 'quirky' bands that were reskinned for normie standards.

its 'weird' music for people who think theyre eclectic but arent.
>>
>>61994031
"marijuana makes my day" "conservative"

who really cares if you enjoy the music, consume it
>>
Possibly but those Tweets, especially the last one, just make her look terribly bitter.
>>
sounds like some attention whore saying buzzword memes to become a /mu/ meme because she's "LE QT GIRL xD BASED PATRICIAN L O N D O N"
>>
>>61994064
This

Also The Microphones and Mountain Goats
>>
>>61994064
It's legit good poppy experimental music
>>
>>61994064
I don't think Vampire Weekend and Animal Collective are in the same category, i'm not saying AC is super experimental and out there, but... it's not as simple and basic as VW, The same thing with Of Montreal (well, sometimes).
>>
>>61994139
>>61994151
Lmao

listen to more music drones
>>
>>61994136
The problem is with that kind of person who uses the kind of music they listen to as an extension of who they are, not the music itself desu
>>
she is. Animal Collective are a conversative band and Panda Bear is a well known racist.
>>
>>61994064
vampire weekend and of montreal never put out anything like hollinndagain , danse manatee, crack box, or here comes the indian tho
>>
File: Aku.jpg (37 KB, 145x130) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
37 KB, 145x130
>Conservative is always bad
>>
>transsexual
>twitter critic
>makes their own really mediocre art

I fucked up my one chance at life started pack.
>>
>>61994197
hello neo-mu!

thats the norm at this point. maybe 5-9 years ago that wouldve been edgy but animal collective is the established norm for 'weird' today.
>>
>>61994133
this.

What she says is dumb as FUCK but she knows it will attract white knights /mu/ virginfags who will masturbate to the thought of being her husbando.

The mere fact that OP thought this shit was worth /mu/ attention in itself is already a defeat.

And why do I post in this thread anyway.
>>
>normie = bad

Cunts like this need a good beating
>>
>>61994151

Spell out of us how they aren't as simple as Vampire Weekend. Spell out how automated sequencing and turning on/off effects equals being more complex harmonically
>>
>>61994171
>implying you can't listen to experimental music and still acknowledge when pop like anco uses experimental elements
>being this insecure
Top pleb m8
>>
>>61994171
I don't even listen to any of those bands though hahah
>>
>>61994221
name another popular/p4k-core band that has put out stuff like this recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Pfb6Q3MNY
>>
>MPP was released seven years ago
>>
>>61994031
>you've got to get rid of the more conservative habits of your mind
>>
>>61994263
DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
>>61994031
Nah, she's a pseudo-intellectual
>>
>>61994281
youre one of those people that think youre special and eclectic, and base your personality off that, arent you?
>>
>latest incarnation of the miquetoast normcore dad archetype

nice buzzwords

nothing wrong with being a "norm"

"lelele look @me i have superior taste, lelel I hate anco cus its kewl naow"
>>
>>61994031
leftists are the scum of the earth
>>
>>61994064
>>61994136
I love AnCo and I hate all the other mentioned bands, they are actually the definition of quirky for the sake of it while AnCo is actually experimental

Everyone is just butthurt because they are popular. Get over yourselves, they are like the Bowie of their (sub)genre
>>
>>61994250

>automated sequencing

Someone with very little knowledge of electronic music trying to seem smart.
>>
File: _ww.png (32 KB, 705x303) Image search: [Google]
_ww.png
32 KB, 705x303
/mu/ humor lol
>>
Like I give a shit about an artist's political affiliation.

She can suck me off through a bendy straw.
>>
>>61994344

Tell us how Animal Collective is actually experimental. Like when will AnCo fans stop stop avoiding the question and tell us how they are actually pushing boundaries and not just ripping off 40+ year old psych records.
>>
>>61994340
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1416282013680.jpg (47 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1416282013680.jpg
47 KB, 500x347
CALL THE COPS

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK
>>
>>61994331
i think nothing of the sort, i'm just refuting the point that older animal collective is the "established norm" in current popular music

but yes, compared to more experimental artists they're pretty accessible.
>>
>>61994349

Someone who's never used an SP 404 or 555 defending Panda's laziness
>>
>>61994405
the closest anco ever got to experimental was with stgstv, which was also the only album they've ever done worth giving a listen
>>
criiinge

since when does criticism from a grolified collection of fuckholes has any merit
>>
>>61994331
>Oh no he refuted my point, time to change the subject entirely!
>>
>>61994460
>has never heard hollinndagain
>>
>>61994192
Woah I should have checked them out sooner
>>
senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai
>>
>>61994031
no, she's pretty autistic.
>>61994064
I like Animal Collective and dislike every other artist that you mentioned.
>>
>>61994031
If she means conservative in the political sense then that's completely baseless
>>
>>61994192
wrong and wrong, guess you fell for the panda racism copypasta
>>
>>61994031
I don't know this girl so I don't know if I'm biting the bait or whatever or what the implications of agreeing with her are but yeah I'd say she's right. AC is boring as fuck and an easy way to fancy yourself a fan of experimental music. Sonic Youth without the integrity/actual background in experimental music. Guys barking over regular pop music made with duck quacks instead of guitars.
>>
>>61994507
i think it's pretty clear from the other tweets that she's speaking in the musical context
>>
>>61994460
Your opinion is worthless due to objective fact in their music

>>61994476
It carries on past there, most of their albums are experimental. But of course the purists or rather the angsty contrarians think experimentation can't have any structure at all

wWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAH POPULARITYYYYYYYYYYYY I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE IT MUMMYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>61994181
this t b h
>>
File: nah.png (27 KB, 630x186) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
27 KB, 630x186
>>61994558
Not exactly
>>
Noah's actually in the KKK. I would know, my dad is Portuguese.
>>
AnCo is simply at it's core, intellectual poison for the majority.

Mediocre art for mediocre people. Listen to good music for a change. It will save whatever brainpower you have left., AnCo fans
>>
>>61994503
hey, im not meme X, im meme Y! your point about memes is invalid!

LOL
>>
>>61994064
It could just be the area you live in you dumb cunt.
>>
>>61994598
lol oh
>>
FloriDada is a great pop song.
>>
looking through her tweets and she thinks boc > aphex (because boc has ~feels) so i can't take her opinion seriously
>>
>>61994609
now I like them even more
>>
>>61994064
I like Animal Collective and I don't particularly like Vampire Weekend or of Montreal. I think you're making a weak argument that's based on anecdotal evidence, and I think (much like Liz Ryerson) it reflects your choice in friends more than any actual merits or failures of Animal Collective's music.

Animal Collective performs legitimately experimental and creative music, and they've anticipated or jumpstarted multiple trends in modern pop. Their early albums really are not pop and would probably never be played on mainstream Clear Channel-sponsored radio, but they have always recognized the key elements of pop music and incorporated them into their records.

I don't know who Liz Ryerson is but she's right in the sense that Animal Collective is conservative at their core. That's not an insult and I find it irritating when progressives use it like it is. A lot of AC and Panda Bear's music revolves around impotent attempts to recapture a sense of joy and nostalgia from childhood or young adulthood; it is actually almost reactionary. The way they set out and admirably fail to recapture this atmosphere of innocent pleasure is of course not conservative though; AC is willing to try any pathway to their preferred mood, be it psychedelic drones or buzzing noise or tribal chants.

I really hate how so much of music criticism revolves around the artist's public image and assumptions about their fanbase. It's very superficial and I think that modern media criticism sites like Pitchfork play an important role in people valuing the public image of an artist over his or her actual content.

When I see people saying things like "Animal Collective is responsible for miquetoast normcore dads" or "Animal Collective is 'weird' music for people who think theyre eclectic but arent" I become incredibly depressed because I know they aren't listening for the pleasure of enjoying music, they're listening for the social capital of saying you're a fan of this or that artist.
>>
>>61994622
well yeah, i mean it does invalidate the generalization you're making about the taste of AnCo fans
>>
ITT: anons who don't see the fallacy of thinking the more effects and noise a band has necessarily equals experimental music.
>>
>Why don't they continue pulverizing their eardrums and creating harsh abrasive music well into middle age?
>Me? Being forced to confront the fact that as people mature they value well-constructed and skillfully created music that provokes in more subtle and thoughtful ways over extremely "experimental" weird ear-rape? Nonsense, it's just that they sold out or something
>>
>>61994598
>people who can afford both the time and money to spend on consumer electronics and social media criticizing other people for having means

ayy lmao
>>
>>61994710
literally no one said this you faggot
>>
Just checked out her music, its not bad but AnCo's best work is far more interesting and experimental than what she's put out
>>
>>61994732

Not so deductively, no, but the premise and conclusion of many of the pro AnCo posts follows this
>>
this is the most retarded argument in the history of this board
>>
File: 1453518800592.jpg (74 KB, 504x553) Image search: [Google]
1453518800592.jpg
74 KB, 504x553
as an animal collective fan, i couldn't give a heck whether or not they're an 'experimental' band. why the fuck does that matter if you just really enjoy their work
>>
>>61994772
based on your assumptions of anco fans and dislike of anco themselves
>>
>>61994064
I like Animal Collective but I despise Vampire Weekend, so fuck off.

Never got around to listening to Of Montreal, it's in my backlog.
>>
>>61994831
>Never got around to listening to Of Montreal, it's in my backlog.
Listen to Hissing Fauna right now.
>>
>>61994824

No, based on the posts (as is noted), not assumptions.
>>
>>61994031
>1 retweet
wew lad, who is this woman again
>>
This chick is just looking for attention. She's nothing so why the fuck does it even matter? And I'm a big Anco fan.
>>
File: 1449190959571.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1449190959571.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
idk how a decent human being could ever hate anco. like cmon did she not hear sung tongs?
>>
>>61994881
>>61994680
>she
>her
>woman

stop
>>
File: 1444967116834.jpg (16 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1444967116834.jpg
16 KB, 316x239
>>61994136
>the microphones
triggered af t b h
>>
>>61994031
>acceptable background normcore pop music

Yes, she is.
>>
>>61994968
woah dats liekk livin d00d lief is all abut bein middle class an havin ur parets pay 4 u to do dumb shit haha
>>
>>61994968
I really hope he actually said all that. Because that's funny.
>>
>>61995077
not my fault my parents love me :)
>>
>>61995080
He does say all that
>>
File: 1452553392279.jpg (594 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1452553392279.jpg
594 KB, 1944x1944
literally neo-mu the thread
>>
>>61994848
I'll get on that.

>>61994687
Couldn't have said it better myself, the biggest problem with music today is the narcissistic, boring fucks with no personalities of their own using music as a stand-in for having a fucking soul.
>>
>>61994031
Who cares about politics, the "milquetoast normcore dad archetype" (??????) that the fans fit into, or what some random irrelevant bitch on twitter thinks?

This is why /mu/ is shit, none of that is relevant to music in general. This site is just pitchfork droning now.
>>
>>61994064
Rec me the bands that of montreal "normified" plz
>>
>>61994405
Any forty year old psych records with drones and as heavy of a reliance on synths?
>>
>>61994789
this, experimental is almost meaningless these days.anco make some pretty solid work.
>>
>>61994779
seriously, threads like this make me realize how shit of a board /mu/ can be
>>
>Animal Collective fans have such poor reading comprehension that they think the person in the OP is talking about politics
LE LE LE LE LE LE LE TOP LEL
>>
geez this argument made me lose brain cells
>>
>>61995583
she was, at least partly
>>
its just tunes, my guy
>>
>>61995583
See>>61994598
>>
>>61995289
what? thinking about music as cultural phenomenon is literally the only way of thinking of it outside of the scientifics of audio and human interpretation of sonic stimuli. its absolutely essential to think critically about what we consume and what it means as an expression and consumed entity.
>>
I hate AnCo, they're so fucking boring.

This attention starved little brat is right.
>>
>>61995585
this
>>
>>61994064
I like VampWeek and AnCo. I don't like Of Montreal.

I think maybe you're on to something. I think maybe your opinion is incredibly valid.

I also think that you should consider wasting less time of trying to have shit opinions that don't matter.
>>
>>61994451
le music needs to be complex to be good meme
>>
People should stop taking women's opinions seriously.
When it comes to music and ESPECIALLY when it comes to politics. I'm not memeing. And of course there's some girls whose opinions are worth something, but that's like 1%.
>>
this isn't even criticism wtf is she on about
>>
>>61995898
That applies to men to, you know?
>>
>>61995952
No it doesn't. Men don't link their emotions with their politics, and if they do, you shouldn't listen to them
>>
>>61994097
Conservative musically I think she meant.
Read: not adventurous, bitch made, limp wristed, disposable music.
>>
>>61995952
No, it doesn't. Men who make music and play a role in political analysis are generally more rational and intelligent than women.
>>
>>61996048
>>61995988
you know the person in op's post is biologically male, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 960x960
Do you have to be a broken tranny loser to passionately hate AnCo or does it just help?
>>
File: ClarksonBaffled.gif (2 MB, 382x337) Image search: [Google]
ClarksonBaffled.gif
2 MB, 382x337
>>61994031
>>61994064
>>61994136
I seriously fucking hope this is trolling to get the kids on /mu/ to hate AnCo so their new album gets meme'd on when it comes out. If you really believe this you're beyond help
>>
>>61994031
She sounds like she hasn't heard anything they made before Feels
>>
>>61996133
Well hes thinking with his pussy balls. How about this: don't listen to anyones opinion who has a tumblr

That's more accurate to what I'm saying.
>>
>>61994472
When it's actually a man that thinks it's a woman (^:p
>>
>womemes
>>
>>61995988
>Men don't link their emotions with their politics, and if they do, you shouldn't listen to them

So you just admitted that both men and women are guilty of this and we should choose to not listen to people based on the merits of their arguments rather than their gender.

Glad you've come around
>>
>>61996170
WAT
>>
I agree with her. Animal Collective is wack and they're just a caricature of themselves now
>>
>>61996233
they were always a caricature. caricature folk. you've just gotten older now and doing less drugs maybe
>>
>>61996226
No, I think logic should be at the forefront of political thought, and emotion should be the last thing to consider since it's also the best way to condition people and force an ideology on them.
Women believe their emotional response to an issue is the most important thing, the thing that gives it validation. That type of thinking is destructive. Of course not all males are innocent in this regard.

Instead of patting womeme on the back for having an opinion and vagina at the same time and using some meme group of words to display it (when republicans think they own my uterus *asian woman rolling her eyes*), we should actually value their opinion based on how valid it is and call it out for being retarded when it is.
>>
>>61996369
lol jesus
>>
something tells me she can't name a more experimental electronic act and is instead just baiting for attention. if she actually can (there are many) then i can see her perspective even if i think she misses the point of the group's music.
>>
>bothered by how conservative at their core Animal Collective is
Why? Maybe you need to get your priorities straight. If you don't like it don't give it attention. Simple as that.

>i think AC's primary accomplishment is making weird experimental electronic music into acceptable background normcore pop music

So there ABSOLUTELY MUST be a solid line between Weird/Experimental music and accessble/poppy music, and that if your music is a mix of both, it's bad? That's stupid.

>i take great solace in the fact that even like 7 years later stuff like Merriweather Post Pavilion seems very dated and of its time

Interesting how she timestamps a sound, as if music that has that sound should stop being listened to because we're "past" that. Music itself doesn't get better or worse over time. New genres form/are mixed together, and it evolves but it has no positive or negative direction to it because it's all subjective. No music decreases in quality over time. An album isn't good one year, then suddenly bad a few years later. It's the same fucking album.
>>
>>61994242
This.
Some people don't enjoy or care about music as much as you do, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>61996626
good post
>>
>>61994060
this x1000
>>
>>61997717
why did you bump this awful thread
>>
>>61994064
Are you stating AnCo is bad because it isn't "weird" (also: experimental) enough, and your argument is to point at its fans?

Holy shit /mu/, you need to fuck off
>>
she's just butthurt that she isn't anco

https://ellaguro.bandcamp.com/album/e-p-year-zero
>>
>>61994472

nice edge bud
>>
>>61997778
Na AnCo is bad because they try too hard to make weird & quirky music
>>
>>61997998
how do you know that they try too hard?
>>
>>61998038
What kind of question is that? It's my opinion. I think their shit is wack and it's all surface and no substance
>>
>>61994060
underrated post
>>
>>61998121
What makes YOU think they try to hard? What of anco have you even listened to? It takes a little while to kind of "get" them. After listening to MPP almost a year after the first listen i finally "got" anco and could listen and enjoy any album in their discography.
>>
>>61995808
>thinking about music as cultural phenomenon
this same mindset was responsible for tpab being as elevated as it was
>>
>>61995808
Look, whatever it is you are saying, we are talking about "milquetoast normcore dad archetype"

That's just a teenage girl ranting and making up words.
>>
>>61994136
What the fuck do the Mountain Goats have to do with anything else you said? They're straightforward guy-with-acoustic-guitar-and-backing-band fare with distinct lyrics.
>>
>>61995840
>VampWeek

fucking end yourself
>>
>>61998167
I can't tell if you are baiting me or not. Fuck off lolz
>>
File: Meeting_up_gondola.png (958 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Meeting_up_gondola.png
958 KB, 720x960
>>61998406
I'm not baiting you. Just saying anco probably isn't something you'll "get" or enjoy on the first listen .
>>
>>61998406
He's trying to have a conversation about AnCo's music with you. All he did was ask what made you come to your conclusion. Your deflections make it clear you don't actually have one and are parroting someone else's. I don't even like AnCo all that much but you're retarded.
>>
>>61994031
Of course they are conservative. They are pop musicians and that's completely fine. The only persons who are not conservatives are people putting out completely horrible and experimental music with no value at all, beyond muh textures and muh non-conformism. Conservatives run the world. All the people who are hailed as "pioneers" or something are actually probably not. They make good music or good anything out of the shit experimental musicians shit out.
>>
>>61998592
What I'm trying to say is that conservative people run the world, and for good reason. Pure experimentation is shit.
>>
>>61994031
She's contrarian to garner attention. If she actually had opinions like this, she wouldn't be listening to Animal Collective.
>>
>>61998523
Fuck off I asked if he was baiting because he was talking shit about "getting" animal collective

>>61998507
I listened to anco in highschool and I liked feels and sung tongs. I think their music tries too hard to be quirky (yelping, chanting, weird sounds) and doesn't provide anything of lasting value. Also I think their lyrics are really bad. I agree with the girl in OP that their music sounds dated
>>
Why is it not enough to just like or not like something? This shit is why i stay in the noise general.
>>
mfw reading this thread
>>
File: 1441925979019.jpg (25 KB, 467x413) Image search: [Google]
1441925979019.jpg
25 KB, 467x413
>>61994031
>people you know who follows @ellaguro
>@femfrequency

Hell yeah. This should be good.
>>
>>61998624
are you trying to bait me? You're a fucking idiot. Can you even name anyone else that sounds like anco?
>>
>>61998704
Chill, I'm obviously not trying to bait you, but asking me if I "get" animal collective was a dumb question. It doesn't really matter to me that they sound unique if I don't like their music in the first place. Lots of bands sound unique. I think anco is boring indie music for highschoolers
>>
>>61998645
It's purely a popularity thing

Noise isn't popular so it'll never be bothered by angsty 15 year old brats. AnCo is popular so they can't wait to come shit on every thread
>>
File: Animal-Collective.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1400
I actually only ever heard AnCo because of pic related.
I'm a huge Spacemen 3 fan, so I though they couldn't be so bad if they liked SP3 too. I still want Avey's shirt.
AnCo is ok. Wasn't quite my thing.

Panda Bear's solo work is better imo. Excluding Tomboy, actually. Sonic Boom really can't produce worth shit.
>>
File: picture-92-1368251114.jpg (6 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
picture-92-1368251114.jpg
6 KB, 180x180
>>61994031
am i a woman yet
>>
>147 replies and 13 images omitted. Click here to view.
I haven't seen /mu/ this assblasted in a while
>>
>>61998645
Because there's that middle ground of just being "okay" where you personally aren't too drawn to it or sounds like artists you already know, but it's not completely offensive.

Many on /mu/ just put these "okay" things into the "shit" column because everyone here is cynical as fuck.
>>
>>61994031
Holy buzzwords, Batman!
>>
>>61998704
Not that guy, but if you want some recs:

>Yeasayers
>Clarence Clarity
>>
>>61994031
I really hate SJWs and I'm a fucking leftist
>>
>>61998704
AnCo fans everyone
>>
>>61994687
exactly
>>
>>61994031
Yes. What a based human
>>61999788
>calls himself a leftist
>doesn't believe in social justice
Smh
>>
>>61999788
ur not a leftist then nigga ur a moderate
>>
>people ITT confusing the concepts of artistic conservatism and political conservatism
lmao
>>
>>61999859
a condescending cunt on the internet, everyone
>>
>>61995515

Holy shit how new are you

https://youtu.be/aIkN8DnYh9E
https://youtu.be/jpdiMcEeTJA
https://youtu.be/knntzkWQyko
>>
File: 1453592555317.gif (2 MB, 355x240) Image search: [Google]
1453592555317.gif
2 MB, 355x240
>>61994136
>The Microphones
how the fuck are the Microphones a "quirky band reskinned for normie standards" Have you only listened to The Glow pt 2? If you include Mount Eerie, Phil has an extensive and diverse discography that isn't rying to be anything it's not.
>>
>>61994064
>of montreal
>not bad
haha what
>>
She's right that AnCo suck but she's still stupid.
>>
File: 1444569508721.jpg (50 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
1444569508721.jpg
50 KB, 499x497
>go to her twitter
>tranny crying about opression and video games
>>
>>61998749
>I think anco is boring indie music for highschoolers
Such a meaningless and uninteresting argument. Now I want to know, do you actually think that by any metric this is valid criticism?
>>
File: 1407179904501.jpg (77 KB, 674x670) Image search: [Google]
1407179904501.jpg
77 KB, 674x670
>>61994109
Lol, seriously.

>I take great solace
>>
>>61994687

Basically this, but I don't really like AnCo as much.
>>
>>61995898
That's a man dressed as a woman
>>
>>61994687
>I really hate how so much of music criticism revolves around the artist's public image and assumptions about their fanbase.

this, we're all guilty of doing that though, it's just how shit goes these days
>>
>all these people shitting on Of Montreal in here

Hissing Fauna Are you the Destroyer was fucking GOAT and when I saw them live, I was blown away that it was like a god damn theatrical performance less than a show. It culminated with Barnes hanging himself while gay centaurs fed each other bananas.
>>
>>61994031

Twitter is the worst invention of the '00s
>>
>>61994031
Is this parody? It reads like hipsterrunoff.
>>
>>61994687
extremely well articulated
>>
>>61999773
>Yeasayer
a direct rip-off
>clarence clarity
a fucking alternative r&b hypnagogic act that sounds nothing like anco
>>
>>62000208
>>62000285
Do you not understand the political spectrum (matched with his statement about SJWs) at all?
>>
>>62000208
Wanting true social justice and agreeing with these people are mutually exclusive positions.
>>
ahah goddamn fashionistas. anco are pretty good. they have a lot of decent and solid albums. people care wayyy too much about them because they used to be cool and now people that constantly post about how much they dislike them think they can get 5 easy special snowflake points.
>>
In one way or another, knowingly or not, she will always be right.

Hunk Fause

www.soundcloud.com/hunkfause
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.