[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest for Ascension
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: General Essentials.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2810) Image search: [Google]
General Essentials.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2810
After browsing /mu/ for about a year I've noticed that I know shit about dick when it comes to music. After browsing countless chart threads I've finally decided to listen to and rate every album on pic related before the end of the year and share it with you all. My ratings are more on the subjective side, so for the most part I am not calling out the quality of the music involved. I will also summarize each album with one or two sentences.

I'll begin with /mu/ core in order of left to right.

1. I love this album so much that I can't listen to it any more.
2. Even while being the exact opposite of what I usually listen to I really enjoyed this album.
3. Bored me to tears.
4. Same as 3. I liked the harp song, robot speech, and last song, but this was just no fun to listen to.
5. First complete listen and this album totally blew my mind.
6. I really have no strong feelings one way or the other on this one. It was a pretty fun listen.
7. This album is amazing from start to finish. I love the wit and anger that this album has on it.

Now, for the Pitchfork-core

1. I have nothing interesting to say about this. It was so boring and unoffensive that I forgot it was on.
2. This is the first full album of his that I've listened to. Kinda fell apart in the last half for me but I really liked it.
3. After I got past the horrible mouth noises on the first couple of tracks I really grew to like this one.
4. This album never fails to give me goosebumps. I listened to it as the movie and I couldn't look away.
5. I... I'm still not sure what exactly I listened to with this one.
6. This was like watching a movie with my ears. Everything felt so effortlessly perfect. I'm in love.
7. Kinda boring, had some good tracks. I'm pretty neutral on it.
8. Wowzers, this one knocked my socks off. It took me a little while to get into it, but it really clicked for me.
9. This album was okay. I liked the bass lines on some of the tracks but it was really just forgettable overall.
>>
File: imghhh.png (163 KB, 266x279) Image search: [Google]
imghhh.png
163 KB, 266x279
>>
>>61993194
Con't..

10. I certainly liked the spoken word stuff more on this album, but the rest was fairly par for the course for them.

Metal Bonus
1. This has been my favorite Metallica album forever. The tracks on this thing still give me chills.

Rate my taste, discuss, and ask me questions!
>>
>>61993194
You're a good man
>>
>>61993194
My feelings on your taste are completely tainted by the fact that you wrote this horrible fucking thread. Why should anyone care what you think, this is all subjective anyways. IF you have been here for a year you should know by now there are two types of threads: shitposting and recs(chart, 3x3, etc...). The former is for shitty memes and the latter can be pretty great.
>>
>>61993803
>implying chart and 3x3 aren't shitposting
rifl newfag please
>>
>>61993803
I did notice how poorly I wrote it immediately after I posted. I should have spent more time on it. I'm not a great musician, and I'm not an encyclopedia of musical knowledge so subjectivity is the only legitimate way for me to express my experiences with the albums. I'm not sure why your feelings are tainted by my posting, but I can see what you mean overall.
>>
I enjoyed reading. Thanks OP
>>
What's not to get with Brian Wilson's Smile?
>>
>>61993194
I don't believe you've been here for a year and have never heard any of those albums.

Smile and Mezzanine are Fucking amazing
>>
>>61994119
It just completely blindsided me with how incredibly strange it was. I don't feel qualified to really comment on it.
>>
>>61993194
>giving The White Album a 69
hilarious OP
>>
>>61994152
>strange

What about it is strange?
>>
>>61994143
I've heard a few of them, I'm just omitting them for now so that I don't get confused or fuck up formatting. I never said they were bad. Smile was fun to listen to. It made my day.
>>
>>61994252
Vege Tables was super weird to me. Not in a bad way, but this certainly was not what I was expecting from a former Beach Boy (another band I don't know much about).
>>
>>61994185
where?
>>
>>61994523
B5. Anon is making fun of album cover
>>
>>61994610
Oh.
>>
I have fairly similar tastes to OP. Radiohead fuckin bores me to tears, I just can't get into it.
>>
>>61995135
I might go back and listen to them to see if they might grow on me. Almost all of these are first listens so I'll just have to see
>>
Hipster hop needs The Cold Vein, I'll Sleep When You're Dead, and Dr. Octagonacolygist
>>
>>61995280
I'll certainly add them to my list. I know this is one of like 5 of these things circulating so I'm not sure how up to date it is.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.