[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Rainbow any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: RainbowRainbowRising.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
RainbowRainbowRising.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
Was Rainbow any good?
>>
>>61989992
No and don't let delusional metal fans tell you otherwise.
>>
>>61989992

Yes and don't let hipster faggots tell you otherwise.
>>
"Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow" and "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll" are my favorite rock albums.
>>
>>61990009
>>61990044

fuck
>>
>>61989992
>Was Rainbow any good?
Listen to it and be the judge of that yourself,don't let other people make opinions for you.
>>
>>61989992
the albums with dio are good, the ones without him range from terrible to meh
>>
>>61990365

Fair enough but I liked Ritchie's work with Deep Purple, but I heard that Rainbow was more heavy. What are his highlights with Rainbow?
>>
>>61989992
Yes. Billy Corgan praised the ever living hell out of them. Even going as far as to basically saying:
Rainbow>Radiohead.
>>
>>61990478
listen to their first 3 albums in order. everything after that is sans-Dio and awful
>>
They were good when Dio was in the band.
>>
>>61991078
This the first three Rainbow albums are good with Rising being quite great.
>>
>>61989992
I love the song 'catch the rainbow' but a while ago I only remembered its name as having 'rainbow' in it. Apparently every third fucking song by Dio has 'rainbow' crammed into the title. Really had a hard time finding that fucking song.

Dunno why I'm telling you this
>>
>>61992254
dio was a closeted homosexual afterall
>>
>>61992319
if anyone's a homo its Blackmore
>>
On Stage is pretty great imho
>>
>>61992448
Live in Germany 1976 and Live in Munich 1977 are also very good
>>
Since You've Been Gone was my jam when I was 14 <3
>>
Rainbow is fucking excellent. Blackmore is one of my biggest guitar heroes since I was a kid learning guitar
>>
But have you seen rainbow live with blackmore soloing in phyrgian. They were pretty good m8
>>
>>61993948

He's pretty good. Heard he was a dick, though.
>>
Tarot Woman is awesome
>>
IN THE HEAT AND RAIN
WITH WHIPS AND CHAINS
>>
>>61989992
Yes!!!!!
>>
>>61996097
but liiiiiife's not a wheeel
with chaaaains made of steeel
so bless meeeee
>>
>>61996097
SEE HIM FLY
>>
>>61989992
In short: yes.
Rainbow pretty much laid the groundwork for what would eventually become power metal, however it is not excessively ridiculous and indulgent like power metal. Rainbow was the introduction of neoclassical elements into heavy metal, and Ronnie James Dio had the perfect outsized voice, personality, and lyrical style to make it work. Their first three albums are easily their best; Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rainbow Rising, and Long Live Rock and Roll. Rising is probably the most 'Rainbow' album there is. It featured the band's most popular lineup: (Ritchie Blackmore on guitar, Ronnie James Dio on Vocals, Jimmy Bain [RIP] on Bass, Cozy Powell on drums, and Tony Carey on keyboards) and has what is overwhelmingly their best song - Stargazer. On Stage is also a great live representation of this lineup and features some incredible cuts (Their take on The Yardbirds' Still I'm Sad is fucking incredible)
Otherwise, they have some pretty cool songs if you don't want to go the album route. If anything, definitely check out:
Man On The Silver Mountain
Stargazer
LA Connection
Still I'm Sad (Live - "On Stage" version)

Hope this helps, I hope you enjoy their music as much as I do.
RIP Jimmy Bain.
>>
>>61996840
my favorites:
Long Live Rock n Roll
Tarot Woman
Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
Kill the King
>>
>>61990094
Dubs decided for you
>>
D A D R O C K
A
D
R
O
C
K

GTFO
>>
>>61998423
Dad metal best metal
>>
>>61998423

my dad never listened to them though
>>
>>61998423
Go back to your room, timmy
>>
>>61989992
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Bain
Did you killed him?
>>
File: qm2fahE.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
qm2fahE.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>>61999738
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.