[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gave this a listen while washing dishes at work last night. Listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tmr.jpg (2 MB, 1408x1433) Image search: [Google]
tmr.jpg
2 MB, 1408x1433
Gave this a listen while washing dishes at work last night. Listened to the whole album through. 4/10.

What am I missing here? How many times do I have to drill this album into my head before I understand. This is serious
>>
I love how people love albums after they listened to it like 200 times. Yeah, you'll pretty much love any album if you give it 200 trys.
>>
>>61988875
Anon, it's okay if you don't like it, everyone have different opinions.

If you feel like you haven't "swallowed it" yet though, and feel like it might grow in you, giving it another try is a good idea
>>
>>61988958
That's not remotely true. There are many albums that, after a bad impression, relistens only made worse.
>>
>>61988875
>Gave this a listen
well there's your problem, you're supposed to rectally insert it, not listen to it.
>>
'My Human Gets Me Blues' is the only real gem I can remember pulling out of it
>>
>>61988875

when I first heard it I thought it was a 7/10. after about six listens I decided it was a 9, and now after 20+ listens I'm certain it's a 9.5. It's in my top 20.
>>
>>61988875
if you try and read Ulysses in one mega sitting, you will infact miss out on a lot from sheer fatigue

oh also you were trying to listen to this dense cluster fuck while doing something that wasn't actively making you listen to it, so that couldn't have helped
>>
>>61988994
Nah, not when you play it that many times. Think of all the albums you brushed off because you didn't like it at first/couple listens and abandoned it because critics didn't like it either. Now, think of all the albums you didn't abandoned because critics liked it and you wanted to understand why. That's what I mean.
>>
Step 1. go to scaruffi.com
Step 2. read the tmr review
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit
>>
Before giving another full listen, I'd recommend listening to just the tracks "Ella Guru," "Moonlight on Vermont," and "Veteran's Day Poppy." See if they interest you in any way, and try to understand them. If you don't end up liking them, then honestly I'd say accept that you don't like the album. There's no way you'll like anything else on TMR if not those.
>>
>you have to listen to it x times!
>I like this album because of confirmation bias!
literally the worst kind of pleb.
>>
You should actually pay attention while listening instead of using it for background noise while washing dishes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.