[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this album is the shittiest and most overrated album on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
this album is the shittiest and most overrated album on this board. it boggles my mind how people consider this one of the greatest albums of all time, when it's not even the greatest album of that year imo (Moving Pictures). fight me on this you faggots
>>
>best of 1981
>not Damaged
into the trash
>>
I don't like saying this since he seems like a cool guy and has pioneered drumming and added that extra character to The Beatles,

but fuck he was lucky to have have met John Lennon and Paul McCartney
>>
>>61988831
Yeah, that's the weird thing about Ringo. Tons of people like to shit talk him, but he genuinely is a nice guy.
>>
File: ringo.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ringo.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>that emotionless cheesy garbage Rush
>better than Ringo

alright lad
>>
Do people think this a good album? Serious question.
>>
>>61989019
>Rush
>Garbage

No they're not, and that's a fact
>>
>>61989892
yes
>>
>>61988641
this album is a meme right?
>>
>>61989892
Yes

>>61991471
No
>>
Don't even get me started on why you seem to have the idea that SASTR is a shitty album. You obviously haven't listened to it enough, or even began to contemplate the ideas that Ringo's trying to convey. You claim to have liked Moving Pictures, and while the message behind it regarding art was pretty heavy hitting, and, to be frank, a piece of art, it has nothing on the sheer brilliance that is SASTR. The reasons for this are twofold:

The 1st reason that SASTR shits all over Moving Pictures, and by extension any album, is that it perfectly captures the Zeitgeist of the time. 2016 has, been a turbulent year in which the ideals that lot of people hold dear have been challenged. Take the recent European migrant crisis. Many are reconsidering their view on who is 'safe to be around', and who isn't, and the majority of people are learning new things about themselves and their neighbours (the "Roses"). We can hear this right from the first track, as Ringo's strange, almost alien shouts from beyond the grave symbolise the unknown - that which we are about to journey into.

The 2nd reason that SASTR is the greatest album of all time is that the entire album was meticulously planned, over the past 14 years by Ringo, and those he worked with. You'll notice that SASTR has an unusual amount of collaborations, recorded in the past, by artists that have only reached the mainstream in the last few years. Ringo had such an incredible foresight, that he not only predicted the rise of the rose, but he also took these fledgling artists and collaborated with them, schooling them so that when they were popular, they could see how far they had come. The planning and forethought that this must have required is absolutely breathtaking, and whenever I listen to "Dead Giveaway" I nearly tear up.

That is why SASTR is the GOAT, and if you don't agree with me you must just be trying too hard to be contrarian.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.