[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most important rock album to come out in the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: loveless.jpg (109 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109 KB, 660x660
This is the most important rock album to come out in the last 25 years.
>>
>>61987206
Explain.
>>
>>61980905
>>
rock hasn't been important in 25 years
>>
>>61987206
without a doubt
>>
>>61987217
Not op, but i would assume it's an accusation that not as many bands (even though it was just Shields) have put so much focus in the sound and tone in a record. Very debatable, but it could be a semi-b8 post as well.
>>
>>61987206
Probably.
>>
>>61987206
Ok computer pretty much shaped all rock music post 2000. Loveless is a masterpiece, but Ok computer is more relevant right now.
>>
>>61987222
oh man this thread is hilariously bad. trying so hard to discredit Loveless wow

>>61987759
Idk OK Computer may have had more immediate relevance but in the long run I'd say Loveless is the more influential album.
>>
File: l.png (131 KB, 333x327) Image search: [Google]
l.png
131 KB, 333x327
>>61987206
nice
>>
loveless is alright and i can appreciate the amount of work shields put into it but let's be real - it hasn't influenced more than a handful of good albums, just a bunch of shite
>>
>>61987833
Were there any shitty but important albums? Can only think of Metal Machine Music and Philosophy of the World.
>>
>>61987949
>Metal Machine Music
>shitty

pleb spotted
>>
>>61987812
>oh man this album is hilariously bad
fixed
>>
>>61987949
>Philosophy of the World
>shitty

get out of /mu/
>>
>>61987994
>>61987964
I don't really like wither one of those but I love 1/2 Gentleman, Not Beasts, which is more or less a combination between the two. Is something wrong with me?

>>61987942
that's wrong tho

>>61987969
haha well memed
>>
File: kevinshields.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kevinshields.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Name a post-1991 track on par with To Here Knows When

protip: brush your teeth before bed.
>>
Important? That's perhaps debatable. Innovative? I'd say so. In any case, you can only say that until November when the album turns 25.
>>
don't mind me just dropping this here

http://inflooenz.com/?artist=my+bloody+valentine&submit=Search
>>
>>61988055

Subjectively, We Carry On by Portishead.

Objectively, I actually don't know. That's a hard question.
>>
>>61987812

This. OK Computer itself was influenced massively by Loveless, any noob could hear that
besides the fact that Radiohead named it as an influence on ok computer
>>
>>61987759

This is gonna sound stupid but let's also consider that an asston of bands in the last 15 years have cited Linkin Park's early albums as an influence. I hate to say it but they might edge out Loveless in modern relevance. Hell, they're arguably the last truly huge rock band out there. Say what you will about the quality of their output but their influence is fairly prolific.
>>
It boilded my blood years ago when pitchfork supplanted Loveless with OkComputer as best album of the 90's
What a rip!
I can't tell you how meaningful this album was to my undergrad years and even now.
>>
>>61988634
Linkin Park..more influential than Loveless.
Low quality bait.
>>
There is literally no bad song on loveless. Even if you took out 'Touched' it will still ruin the record
>>
>>61988808

In modern times, it's a maybe. Like I said, the quality is suspect but their reach is pretty damn widespread now. Probably every other modern rock band either was influenced by them or has a member in the band that's a fan.
>>
>>61988808
Influence does not correspond to creative quality in rock/pop music.
>>
>>61988634
List of bands who have declared themselves influenced by Linkin Park?
>>
>>61988055
>Name a post-1991 track on par with To Here Knows When
Animal Collective- Essplode
To Here Knows When is kinda overrated. It's my least favorite track on the album
>>
>>61989201

Likely any given pop rock band formed since Hybrid Theory. The album was a pop culture phenomenon in its time. Everyone and their mom heard at least one song from it, and fuck knows how many angsty teenagers connected with it. God knows how many of them have formed a band since.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.