[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any bassists here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bass.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bass.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1200
I play Bass as a hobby, started out playing upright in school, now I just tinker around on a bass guitar.
But I don't feel inspired or like I'm getting any better. I want to be able to write bass lines for other parts and record stuff, but don't play any other instrument well. What should I do?
Here's a shitty thing I recorded on my phone.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1H8nbFMi52e
>>
>>61984833
you might familiarize yourself with the concept of a "band"
it's when several people who can't play every instrument gather and play together
>>
>>61984881
Yeah, but I don't have many friends and don't know anyone to form a band with.
>>
>>61984833
>I want to be able to write bass lines for other parts and record stuff, but don't play any other instrument well

hate to be that guy, but you don't even play bass well. that bassline's weak, super basic indiecore stuff, and i'm pretty sure it's mostly ripped off some Arctic Monkeys song or other.
just practice bass, listen to lots of different music for inspiration, and learn guitar. Guitar will almost certainly help your bass playing.
>>
If you listen to Rush you'll get better at the bass. It's essentially the same as practicing
>>
>>61985373
it's a good line, he just needs to practice more
>>
>>61985401
he'll also get better at learning how to be a godawful songwriter
>>
>>61986024
>Rush
>godawful songwriting

you literally don't know what you're talking about. Go back to your I-IV-V Cmaj songs kid when you move on to the next level you can try to play subdivisions
>>
Stop playing electric bass. Play upright instead. It's way better.
>>
>>61984833
Listen to later Jimi Hendrix stuff with Billy Cox
>>
>>61984833
just play with a band
it's fun
and everyone needs a bassist
>>
>>61985056
Go the oldschool way and post an ad in either print or craigslist.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.