[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'M A BLACK STAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: folder.jpg (35 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
35 KB, 1200x1200
I'M A BLACK STAR
>>
File: 108427.jpg (87 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
108427.jpg
87 KB, 450x342
I'M NOT A GANG STARR
>>
>>61979195
>Faux nostalgia
Not really at all, the sound on the album is very unique and different from his earlier work

>Because of his death
It had 85 on metacritic before he'd died. People dug it anyway, it just became even better in context.
>>
>>61979195
have you fucking heard 'tis a pity?
>>
>>61979174
Kek'd
>>
>>61979256
>>61979236

>Not really at all, the sound on the album is very unique and different from his earlier work

different/unique ! = better

>It had 85 on metacritic before he'd died. People dug it anyway, it just became even better in context.

You're right. I love bowie just as much as you but didn't enjoy blackstar as much as his other albums on the first listen. I'm listening to it again and it certainly sounds better now.

I think I might have overreacted based on an initial impression. Sorry mates.
>>
>>61979323
Well, unexpectedly unhostile response. Obviously being different doesn't make it better, I was just arguing against the faux-nostalgia point. It is brilliant though, I really think it's one of his best. And the lyrical content becomes very powerful post-death
>>
>>61979174
94 REAL SHIT YA
>>
>>61979385

I'm glad you like it anon. I really like bowie and his works and desu honest was quite worried about how his last album would add to his legacy.

I certainly like 'tis a pity' and 'blackstar' but am yet to decide on the others.

Out of curiosity: what other album from bowie do you recommend to someone who's already heard ziggy/heroes/low/diamonddogs ?
>>
>>61979438
Well, I'd say Scary Monsters, Hunky Dory, Station to Station, Outside, and Heathen are all brilliant. Maybe go for Station to Station first, sort of funk tinged art rock. Hunky Dory is Bowie at his classic pop best. Scary Monsters has a great blend of Bowie's sounds and is very unique. Outside and Heathen are very strong later releases.
>>
>>61979438
>I certainly like 'tis a pity' and 'blackstar' but am yet to decide on the others.
maybe you have to digest a bit the new sound. That said, when I first heard blackstar on youtube I thought it was shit, now I really like it (I guess on youtube it may be much more audio compressed).
>>
>tfw your dad only likes blues-rock, dad rock and pleb soul
>loves "Lazarus" after just hearing a short clip
>buys Blackstar, literally the only non-compilation album in the only supermarket in town to sell CDs
>listens to it 4 times in 2 days, says it's the best he's ever heard by Bowie

DAD, I'M PROUD
>>
>tfw you realize the video version of Lazarus is shorter, and better for it.
>>
>>61979323
>I'm listening to it again and it certainly sounds better now

its always been like that with his albums
>>
>>61981152
nah, the cut up sax solo is really off putting.
>>
>>61979160
I just listened to this in the shower
>>
>>61979914
lol mine did and said almost exactly the same thing
>>
in b4 "he just ripped off scott walker"
>>
Mine's got five!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.