[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Trout Mask Replica is the final goal of any music fan,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Trout Mask Replica.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Trout Mask Replica.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Getting Trout Mask Replica is the final goal of any music fan, when you can appreciate its out of sync instrumentation and surreal lyricism their is no more music out there to get. Drone, Noise, The Avant Garde all will be just another stepping stone to your ultimate goal. Sure some of the works you have listend to before will provide fun diversions after finally understanding Captain Beefhearts masterpiece but they will never compare to the majesty of this album. It is the final mountain of music to conquer after that you can rest, knowing you are a hero among patricans and the bane of contrarians.
>>
File: 4u.png (566 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
566 KB, 500x500
TELL ME ABOUT BEEHEART
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>61977105
A squid eating dough in a polythene bag is fast and bulbous
>>
>>61977066
nice pasta, m8.
>out of sync instrumentation
was it? they played it the exact same way live, so maybe you meant "unintuitive"?
I listened to TMR in the mall, and while it's highly original, it's uncommon for anybody to stop just when it's getting good. I've shot off in at least 5 different directions, none of which sound anything like TMR. and I get more out of them than this

so yeah - either this is pasta, or else you want to raise Scaruffi's stock price in the imaginary market of musical values, but either way nothing is the greatest, except whatever you can't get over, no matter how many times you experience it. THAT'S the pinnacle, and I have multiple :D
>>
>>61977066
>Twin Infinitives
>>
8.9/10 album

The second half doesn't speckle on the edges enough
>>
>tfw i like safe as milk more than tmr
>>
no, that's Mozart you're thinking of
>>
File: judgmentaldean.png (622 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
judgmentaldean.png
622 KB, 900x900
>>61977066
might want to switch hands while you wank. wouldn't want asymmetrical forearms.
>>
there have been so few TMR threads lately, that I was already thinking that maybe it was Bowie posting them with his meme school background
>>
>>61977066
No, not really. It's more like a gate that any music fan shall pass.
>>
File: FRIEDL_8OSCILLATORS.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
FRIEDL_8OSCILLATORS.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1400
>>61977066
no, there's a long way to the final boss
>>
>>61977232
But Mozart is one of the most pop composers
>>
>>61977210
>tfw genuinely love almost every album he made from '67-'80
>tfw saying I love Beefheart equates me to an avant-teen or memer to most

It hurts
>>
Uncle Meat > Trout Mask Replica
>>
This album is meme school
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 450x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 450x633
Actually I find this much more challenging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjKVJ2z66fk
>>
>>61983298
More challenging ? Nope
Better ? YES
>>
>>61983298
ayy my nigga, bought that piece on vinyl in Berlin last year
>>
>>61977105
just to cover the raw flesh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.