[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss how bad this is? And what he thought he was going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12
File: fdb51128.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fdb51128.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
Can we discuss how bad this is? And what he thought he was going to achieve when he made this shit?
>>
>>61976177
>Waaaah how dare you make me self aware of my privilege
>>
>>61976240
privilege is a meme
>>
File: 1401745735499.jpg (102 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1401745735499.jpg
102 KB, 500x395
>>61976240
>>
>>61976177
>but but white people dont have privledge waaaaa

fuck off back to /pol/ white boy
>>
>>61976177
It's actually pretty decent desu
>>
File: 1310419417595.jpg (33 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1310419417595.jpg
33 KB, 313x313
>>61976240
>>
>>61976177
probably Tylo Be Chillin
>>
File: ef5.jpg (36 KB, 359x360) Image search: [Google]
ef5.jpg
36 KB, 359x360
>>61976240
>>61976269
>>
>>61976240
the song isn't even about other people's privilege, it's Macklemore being really underhanded about checking his own privilege so people think he's really honest and cool. I haven't met anyone on any political spectrum who doesn't think the song is gross and self-serving.
>>
>>61976240
>>61976269
>>61976291
Hi redit!
>>
>>61976177
I don't really listen to Macklemore so I don't think I'll ever listen to this but what's so bad about it? pls no /pol/ memes
>>
>>61976269
You're the only one crying, boyo
>>
>>61976333
Hi /pol/!
>>
>>61976177
>since I admit I'm privileged, that means it doesn't do any harm when I take advantage of that fact.
>so no one can hold it against me when I get a million grammys for this, despite possibly being the worst living rapper of any skin color.
>>
>>61976311
This. This track only contributes to Macklemore's fucking smug fucking holier than thou aura of douchebagginess.
>>
File: 1435802426905.jpg (33 KB, 303x435) Image search: [Google]
1435802426905.jpg
33 KB, 303x435
>>61976177
>>61976338
30 seconds into the song and I nearly rolled my eyes out of my skull.

He apologetically insinuates that he's not supposed to have an opinion on race-related topics because he's white, on a song called "white privilege"

He then brings up the Black Lives Matter movement, the movement created because an unarmed black man got shot after robbing a convenience store and seems to be unaware that 99% of black homocides are caused by other black people compared to a fraction of a percent by police officers.

I really don't feel like listening to the rest of the song.
>>
>>61976311
I do believe he's patronizing to make himself look better, I feel like he's just saying it just so black people won't guilt him some more. However, he does spring some points about whites can be ignorant about the issues of blacks, but yet the exploit and imitate black culture
>>
>>61976412
>i really dont like admiting that my whiteness contributes to my success

pol is to the right and down the hall

>>>/pol/
>>
>>61976412
>He then brings up the Black Lives Matter movement, the movement created because an unarmed black man got shot after robbing a convenience store and seems to be unaware that 99% of black homocides are caused by other black people compared to a fraction of a percent by police officers.

I said no /pol/ memes man. I don't get why people think black people aren't aware of black on black violence when there's hundreds of groups within the community working against it. The media just doesn't really address it at all.

But yeah, that does sound pretty obnoxious, looks like I'll be skipping yet another mac album.
>>
>>61976177
Don't discuss it then. Just let it sink away as fast as possible

>>61976240
>fucking MACKLEMORE of all people being the one to call out elvis, iggy, etc. for cultural appropriation
>macklemore
>to be clear we're talking about a white clown who makes shitty hip hop and acts like he's at the top of the game
>>
>>61976441
>>61976456

Reminder that calling any right-leaning political opinion "/pol/ memes" is the same as yelling "I'M OFFENDED!"
>>
>>61976240

It's less about the message and more the way he presents it. It's clearly not about trying to "wake people up" it's just a self-congratulatory pat on the back for being "woke".

I know this is bait but I had to respond.
>>
>>61976989
reminder that being a racist isnt cool or edgy and you're not welcomed on /mu/

now go back to your containment board shitlord

>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1452298908490.jpg (3 KB, 107x110) Image search: [Google]
1452298908490.jpg
3 KB, 107x110
>>61976240
>muh critical theory
>I am an intersectional male feminist
>>
>>61977015

>Trying to discuss the existence of racial privilege objectively is racist

Please go back to Tumblr
>>
>>61976177
Mackelmore is just trying to sell his shit to SJWs since they're a massive untapped market for mainstream acts. He was making rap about gay rights before but sine gay marriage passed, he can't do music about it anymore so now he's moved onto what other SJWs have moved on to: privilege.

He literally just makes music for the money.
>>
>>61976177

this is all actually the result of not talking about race in american culture. we get to have macklemore as the first mainstream person sitting and talking with us about white privilege.

i dont think this would make money as a single, but he will probably make money off the attention, doing shows. some dont want to cover the subject matter, but its pissing people off so I have some respect for it.
>>
Just hate-read the little p4k think-piece on it. His winning the grammy for best album is described as him "sit[ting] confounded as he's congratulated by unconscious racists."
Similar to the Kanye/T-Swift incident, according to p4k we are all racist if we don't object to a white person winning an award over a black nominee.
>>
>>61977169
America was objectively less racist 10 years ago. What tumblr kids call race blindness is the only way people are going to move past racism, political correctness just creates more tension and contempt towards groups of people.
>>
I hate all this white privilege bullshit, not because it doesn't exist but because a lot of what people bring up to "prove" white privilege exists is really just repercussions of the way black culture is. Police discrimination is the major one and the large part of that can be put down to how violent black culture is.
>>
Internet culture arguably ruined music and artistic integrity. What we see here is a literal by-product of internet pop-culture, trying to be fused into a quasi-political message.

Compare this shit to Immortal Technique or Mos Def. They may have had contrarian views, but they didn't let pop culture serve their lyrical content to them on a plate.

Race is a hot topic. Why? Conduct an experiment; Bring up any bi-partisan social issue on the internet and chances are the zealotry levels will be through the roof. Not gonna lie, Macklemore is smart capitalizing on this.

Literally meme tier though.
>>
LITERALLY the first fucking half of the song he's basically saying "oh I shouldn't be doing this and chanting this with the black people cause I'm white". This is a fucking joke I really hope nobody takes this song seriously.
>>
Didn't know anything about this. I used to defend this guy because I thought most people just hated on him because he was way too popular and sincere-fun. Looks like he really was just another sellout whore chasing flavor of the minute relevancy, or is actually the kind of sad human trash to write a major song about his crippling white guilt. Either option is just...

But googling this (on reddit) to find out more I saw this

>Macklemore raps about White Privilege – while reaping its rewards | The Guardian
Hilarious.
>>
>>61976311
This. Like, I think it's pretty fucking hard to deny white privilege is a thing (at least in the US), but this track should be called White Guilt II. It's transparent, pandering bullshit.
>>
File: x9.jpg (53 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
x9.jpg
53 KB, 354x236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI
>>
>>61977015
You're the only one being racist. You're giving special treatment to people because they have a special level of melanin.
>>
>>61977015
>shitlord

i see through you, /pol/ :)
>>
>>61977873
>>61977873
>their faces when they realized they just got BTFO and their whole career and life is a sham

Based Ben
>>
>>61977873
im a liberal who supports BLM but watching this is making me a bit confused. are those stats that the white guy mentioned accurate?
>>
>race
>not a spook

lmoa
>>
>>61977961
Yes.
There is no legitimate reason to support BLM, the movement is a farce.
>>
>>61976441
Just because whites are further ahead in life it doesn't mean it's because they're white. Whites are more privelaged because they have money.

Blacks are far more privelaged for being black and you're hilariously deluded if you don't think so.

And whites are not at the top of the totem pole financially. I eagerly await a song called "Asian privelage" or "Jewish privelage"

And it's not even like your race is that consequential to how you're treated. Being tall, attractive and confident make you infinitely more privelaged.

You, the song and "white privelage" are idiotic on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. And Macklemore knows that because he's conveniently ambiguous throughout the whole song and avoids making any actual argument.

Just employ critical thinking skills please.
>>
>>61977873
>when they literally become speechless
This video makes me feel so warm and fuzzy.
>>
>>61978039
>Being tall, attractive and confident make you infinitely more privelaged.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>61977961
You are so fucking transparent /pol/

Just stop with this pretending to be "the enemy" shit. It's pathetic.
>>
>>61978039
>privelage
>muh sub-60 IQ
The fucking TOPIC shows you how to fucking spell privilege, how do you still get it wrong?

Some people should have mandatory spell-checking for all their posts. Presented by Clippy.
>>
File: Emoticon_Smile_Face.svg.png (39 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Emoticon_Smile_Face.svg.png
39 KB, 2000x2000
>>61978157
>>
The thing that bothers me about white privilege and black lives matter is this:

As a white person, I am apparently simultaneously both 1) at fault for white privilege and 2) not capable of providing answers for/helping solve the issue.

"White privilege exists!"

Ok, true. What can I do to help balance the scales and create a more just society?

"N-nothing, you're a white male, check your privilege"

???
>>
>white privilege is the result of skin color
>not the result of an average IQ gap of roughly 15 points between whites and blacks
>>
>>61978039
It physically hurts me to read this post. Please get a dictionary man
>>
>>61978190
>As a white person
Stopped reading there
>>
>>61978190
That's because the Church of Progressivism is one without salvation. That's why there's been such a recent and violent reaction to all of liberalism. It's because in the eyes of the left, you are guilty of original sin, and there is no way for you to atone.

The best thing you can do as a white male, is to accept your privilege, and use it to your advantage. Literally every other group of people in this country are allowed to play the Identity Politics game, so it's time for the white man to play by the same rules.
>>
>>61978159
"oh look anon misspelled something now I can discredit him without refuting his point!"
>>
>>61976177
>jew making money by pandering to black people by making songs about killing whitey

i cant even be mad at this, its like pottery
>>
I'm just glad white people are finally disgusted with themselves after all the shit they done
>>
>>61978245
I'm sorry for not checking my "didn't eat paste in 2nd grade and thus learned how to spell" privilege but it's hard to parse your arguments while distracted by your atrocious spelling.
>>
>>61978231
Privilege is basically the secular version of Original Sin

Abstract unavoidable concept that you're born into and need to repent for and accept that you're stuck with it for the rest of your life

I think this shit is ingrained into humanity or something
>>
>>61978294
Like creating nearly the entire world as we know it? Me too dude. Western civilization and the enlightenment were HUGE mistakes.
>>
>>61978318
Except most of that shit was literally lifted from superior cultures like the Arab World, Egypt and eventually China
>>
>>61978311
It is, but the primary difference between a traditional religion, and the religion of egalitarianism, is that the latter offers no way whatsoever to better yourself. Only self-castigation and unwarranted self-hatred.

Truly an abhorrent ideology.
>>
>>61978230
Yeah because you can't read
>>
>>61978330
na. the greeks were ballers back then
>>
>>61976177
>what he thought he was going to achieve when he made this shit?

he achieves toleration from middle class blacks who buy social justice and who are the only ones who would dream of buying his shit
>>
>>61976177
money
>>
>>61978341
Greeks wouldn't have been shit if it weren't for the Egyptians showing them the basics of civilization to be honest
>>
>>61978330
Oh right. Which is why the Arab world and Egypt are such utopias now right? Must because when the evil white man literally STOLE all their knowledge and civilization, they actually ripped it right out of their brains, and they simply forgot how to do human progress.

Totally explains why practically every single technological and cultural achievement of the last century WASN'T the result of white invention
>>
>>61978355
>greece
>egypt

you know those two places are separated by sea, right?
>>
>>61976989
It's exactly how right wing retoric works. Blaming the entire left wing for every problem in society or economics, regardless if the problem is created by right wing politics or not.
>>
>>61978334
It offers a way. Name names. Point fingers. Prove you are one of the "victims" yourself and submit to your place in the oppression Olympics hierarchy. While everyone is a suspect and stained by sin, it's fair to reason that witch hunters are the least likely to be witches themselves.

It's a self replicating meme. The only way to free yourself from privilege is to reproduce and expand privileged theory by buying into it and pushing it on to others.
>>
>>61978355
Ancient Greece was so much more accomplished and interesting than Ancient Egypt though. They didn't even have philosophy and scientifically they were beyond retarded. The intellectually superior civilization is better remembered for a reason
>>
>>61978374
>get called out and start screaming about completely unrelated shit

m-muh economics strawman!
>>
>>61978373
>>61978355
>>61978341
>>61978330
Both of you are illiterate trogs
>>
>>61978374
You're kind of an idiot. Do me a favor and reread your post like five times
>>
>>61978361
they basically took the culmination of other culture's knowledge and attempted multiple times to conquer the world with it, going on genocidal killing sprees and stunting the growth of once-superior cultures through the most morally bankrupt forms of expansionism/colonialism known to human history

Any other race potentially could have done it, it's just that white people happened to be the biggest assholes and decided to attempt it first
>>
>>61978376
nah dude, the entire western world was totally founded on the philosophical groundwork laid by Akhenaten, not Plato.
>>
>>61978261
>pottery
>>
>>61978403
HELLO REDDIT!
>>
>>61978303
I understand, mongoloids are easily distracted its not your fault.
>>
>>61978395
Ya dude. Because imperialism is totally a western european invention, and wasn't something done by literally every single civilization on the planet. Or do you forget that the Ottoman empire lasted until the 20th century?

The fact that white people were just better at everything the other people were doing, doesn't somehow make them evil for doing exactly what everyone else was doing.

Whether or not I succeed in murdering someone has no bearing on whether or not I'm a piece of shit, so long as I attempt to do so.
>>
>>61978431
>>61978431
>The fact that white people were just better at everything the other people were doing

Which was what, exactly? And how are we going to define "better"?
>>
>>61978449
The fact that whites succeeded where others failed in colonizing and subjugating the greater part of the planet.

And don't start with this retarded cultural relativism nonsense. I know for a fact that you don't honestly find indigenous sub-Saharan African culture and civilization to be comparable in any way whatsoever to that which was created by western Europeans.
>>
>>61978449
Define "define"

And can you be more specific in relation to your use of the word "exactly"? I find it vague
>>
>>61978477
>The fact that whites succeeded where others failed in colonizing and subjugating the greater part of the planet.

Is this to be celebrated? Regardless; congratulations, you understand the basis of White Privilege and why it's a thing.
>>
Why are we arguing which ancient civilization was first or better? Why do we have to re-trace our steps that far to deal with problems RIGHT now? And the problem with blacks today in america lies directly within their own community. Blaming another entire race for your own problems solves absolutely nothing. I think the problem can be addressed based on the disintegration of the black family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGS7G-63MI&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgWGS7G-63MI&has_verified=1

just look at how those young kids act. it starts at such a young age.
>>
>>61978499
>White people make growing up black a generally shitty experience
>Some black people end up socially dysfunctional as a result
>White people are genuinely confused by this development, come to the conclusion that it's all black peoples' faults
>The cycle continues
>>
>>61978499
I don't like black people. They're so aggressive and loud
>>
>>61978538
>socially dysfunctional

i want to punch your face so hard right now. what does this even mean you fucking cuck
>>
>>61978499
>>61978538
blacks were doing better in the 1950s than today.

there, i said it.
>>
>>61978538
>Black people make growing up black a generally shitty experience
>Millions of black people end up socially dysfunctional as a result
>White people aren't confused at all by this development because they correctly identified the lower intellectual capacity of black people several centuries ago. They aren't surprised when black people blame them for their own problems
>The cycle continues until eugenics finally makes a comeback
>>
>>61978496
>is this to be celebrated

Yes. Whether you agree with the former policies of global imperialism is irrelevant to the fact that the white world is responsible for 99% of the things that make our life the way it is today.
>>
File: boy-smoking-weed.png (188 KB, 603x391) Image search: [Google]
boy-smoking-weed.png
188 KB, 603x391
>>61978538
>>
>>61978538
>White people make growing up black a generally shitty experience
This has to be b8, it's black parents teaching their children to hate police and treat them like shit, it's black parents who teach their children to commit crimes. Blame white people all you want but if they want change it has to start in their own community.
>>
>>61978604
Are you willing to accept the many bad things that also stem from being the ones so responsible for shaping our modern world? If so, congratulations on "checking your privilege". That wasn't so bad, was it?
>>
>>61978204
this
Why is this fact so overlooked? I have nothing what so ever against black people, i have never visited /pol/ in my life, but honestly the difference in intelligence between whites and blacks is so fucking obvious to me
>>
I don't get it.
How can I, as a white male, be privileged when my parents were poor and I cant afford to go to school? No one will hire me because I have no degree or the level of experience required.

How am I privileged?
>>
>>61978625
It wasn't. I check it daily and revel in it. There really aren't any bad things that came out of how whites shaped our globe. Blacks in America may be worse off than Whites, but Blacks in America are infinitely better off than Blacks in Africa.
>>
>>61978613
Black parents let their kids smoke weed

White parents just molest and sometimes murder their kids, no big deal there
>>
>>61978663
You're still going to be a lot more accepted in general social situations than a minority. Police and store owners aren't going to be as immediately suspicious and ready to shoot you, for example.
>>
>>61978449
The fact that every non-white county is begging admittance to the white ones and not vice-versa.
>>
>>61978640
because somehow groups of people who lived and evolved over millennia in vastly different climates and environments, didn't actually evolve any distinguishable differences in the brain, despite all the other obvious phenotypic differences. Basically the left sees IQ as learned and entirely environmental, despite literally zero scientific evidence to support that claim.
>>
>>61978681
But the reason the are suspicious is because of black culture, if they want to stop being looked at suspiciously they have to stop committing crimes.
>>
>>61978670
>"I'm retarded and the concept of proportionality completely evades me!"
>>
>>61978704
White people commit the most crimes out of anybody in their respective countries, and they're still given a pass. Most serial killers and child molesters are white people, but they're still given a pass. White privilege in action.
>>
>>61978722
if we're talking pure numbers, then yeah whites commit more crimes. Percentage wise, though, black crime is hands down more worse.
>>
>>61978681
According to the CDC, in 2013 blacks made up roughly 49 percent of homicide victims, and something like 57 percent of gun homicide victims, despite being under 14 percent of the population.

Whites made up close to 30 percent of homicide victims, and only a quarter of gun homicide victims, despite being roughly 63 percent of the population.

Gee, I fucking wonder why business owners are more suspicious of blacks, and why cops are more likely to use deadly force against them.
>>
>>61978722
>White people commit the most crimes out of anybody in their respective countries
They also make up the majority of the population so thats to be expected. How do you explain that blacks commit more than 50% of the total homicide rate? Or that the black arrest rate for robbery is roughly 8 times as much as whites?
>>
File: Rushton and Jensen (2005).png (65 KB, 781x473) Image search: [Google]
Rushton and Jensen (2005).png
65 KB, 781x473
>>61978695
>didn't actually evolve any distinguishable differences in the brain
It's funny because there actually do exist physical differences in the brains of different races. In terms of mass, black brains are generally slightly smaller than Asian and white brains.
>>
Why the fuck is /mu/ so /pol/ all of a sudden? Get the fuck back to your containment board you mouth breathers.
>>
>>61978722
see
>>61978717
>>
Why the fuck is /mu/ so reddit all of a sudden? Get the fuck back to your containment board you mouth breathers.
>>
>>61978767
How come white people never seem to bring up the fact that this same pseudoscience has them noticeably behind Asians in terms of intelligence?
>>
>>61978767
No, I understand that. My point is that leftists and racial egalitarians don't.

Muh Tabula Rasa

>>61978770
>I don't actually have an argument to anything said at any point in this thread!
>>
>>61976177
Just like what he did for the Gay Song, Mackelmore is riding the latest "hip" social issue to remain relevant.

Also can't stop laughing at the idea of him calling out Iggy Azalea for appropriating black culture, when he's such a wigger
>>
>>61978770
This is probably going to shock you because you're new on this board, but /mu/ has many conservative posters and it always has. I've been browsing /mu/ for about four and half years and I'm not going anywhere, so get used to it my friend
>>
>>61978791
How come no one complains about asian privilege when they are noticeably ahead in most categories that matter such as intelligence, education, money etc.? Simple fact is people want to make white people bad while every other race is great.
>>
>>61978791
>IQ
>pseudoscience

Also, they do. Regularly. Though I suppose your experience with the far right is limited to some caricature of the evil nazi kkk member. Most of the modern far-right aren't white supremacists in the traditional sense. They're white nationalists, and believe that white identity and culture have a right to exist and be preserved.
>>
This thread is really fucking gross. Where are the mods?
>>
>>61978870
>gross

Wow it's like I'm really back on tumblr!
>>
>>61978870
Fuck off and stop trying to silence opinions that are not your own, you insufferable child.
>>
>>61978770
I've been browsing /mu/ as long as I've been on 4chan, which is longer than I've been visiting /pol/.
>>
>>61978770
I'm not from /pol/, I just have basic critical thinking skills.
>>
>>61978870
>unironically using the word "gross"

You seriously don't belong on this website.
>>
>>61978870
nobody uses "gross" on 4chan /pol/, alt-right retards are so fucking predictable
>>
File: Macklemore.jpg (24 KB, 564x377) Image search: [Google]
Macklemore.jpg
24 KB, 564x377
>>61976177
Maclemore thought in performing this song he might get back on the Jew's good side after he got blacklisted for dressing up like a kike.

He failed.
>>
white privilege doesn't exist
black people are just generally fucking worse at everything
chill
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.