[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this album good? >inb4 dad noise yeah I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Metal_machine_music[1].jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Metal_machine_music[1].jpg
57 KB, 500x500
Is this album good?

>inb4 dad noise
yeah I know
>>
>>61971868
its good
>>
>>61971868
Not really. Even Lou didn't like it.
>>
>>61971868
listen to it and decide for yourself you insecure faggot
>>
This and Lulu are better than anything the VU released
>>
stop posting this please, it's not creating funny threads or interesting discussion
>>
>>61971868
i guess i like transformer more but yes
>>
It's one of the worst albums of all time apperently
>>
>>61971868
It's incredible honestly
>>
>>61971868
not even good for noise.
>>
>>61971988
epic
>>
>>61972166
thanks dude
>>
it sounds almost intentional at times, MMM pt.1 even sounds joyous, ecstatic. It's weird, I know it's not intentional, but it evokes a weird emotion from me.
>>
>>61971894
>Even Lou didn't like it.
fucking retard
>>
>>61971868
Noise isnt even music
>>
>>61973831
Im sick of seing this. fine. maybe noise isnt music, but itdefinitely is sonic art.
>>
>>61973831
any sound can be music you fucking faggot
>>
>>61973885
>harmony
>rhythm
>melody
if it doesn't have at least 1, it's not music
>any sound
would you call a fart or the noises you make while eating music?
>>
what's with the lou reed faggotry lately
>>
>>61973831
who fucking cares if it's music or not? What you define it as changes nothing about what you hear.
>>
>>61973985
david bowie dying, there has also been a huge spike of posts about Iggy Pop
>>
TEST

PLS IGNORE THIS POST
>>
>>61973985
>why are people posting about one of the most significant rock musicians ever?
>>
>>61973955
yes if i sampled them properly
>>
>>61974033
no
>>
>>61974019
Stupid post
>>
>>61974019
right fuck i hate when musicians die because /mu/ takes a shit

a shit that never ends.
>>61974035
yeah but all the sudden, just recently, very specifically this thread over and over again, not any actual discussion of him in any other thread. can't you just go away?
>>
>>61974039
by sampling them properly you would mix them in a way that you would create melody or rhythm, the noise by itself is not music
>>
>>61971868
nah, it's just a joke
>>
>>61971868
it's pretty good. not amazing, but pretty good entry-level noise.

the people who call it "one of the worst albums of all time" have incredibly narrow tastes.
>>
>>61971868
It's actually really sort of.. lush for a noise recording and there's definitely melody to it. It would be one of my favorites if it was about half as long. The only part I don't like so much is so sped up sections that sound like animals whining.

>>61974106
>right fuck i hate when musicians die because /mu/ takes a shit
>a shit that never ends.

This is a really good post thank you for this.
>>
It's a good album for chasing away nuisance neighbors and/or unwanted house guests.

If you like the second to last song on Live/Dead, you might like MMM
>>
If you want to really experience Metal Machine Music, look for the quad mix.

Its truly a life altering listen.
>>
I'm on the fence with it. I feel like if you claim its amazing, you're missing the point, and if you claim its shit you're the butt of the joke.
It's certainly interesting
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.